Chapter 1: Principal's Office

BLUES: I Like to Compose more than I Like People

 

 

He simply tossed the envelope inside his uniform pocket. “Is there something else your need?” Jiyong asked. The Principal raised his left eyebrow. “When will you learn to eat some educational papers instead of ? Mind your language young man. Let me remind you that you’re still here in my office as well as my school! ” Mr. Ro hissed. Jiyong just ignored the hissing old man.

Mr. Ro Seung Hwan or Sean, the principal, settled his sit and managed to massage his temples with his right fingers. “Look, Kwon Jiyong, if you want your ajumma to die right now then I suggests you call and tell her that you quit school and go for drugs.” Mr. Ro said with a threatening voice.

“You want her to walk in miles all the way along the hills and traffic road just to inform her that the smartass ‘Jiyong’ will be expelled?” Jiyong asked in a serious tone. Mr. Ro waited patiently for Jiyong to have a second thought but he was wrong. “If you don’t behave like every good boy should do in this school then YES!” exclaimed by Mr. Ro.

Jiyong, sitting across Mr. Ro’s table, started to laughed hysterically like a mad man. By this, Mr. Ro frowned not having any idea what was funny about what he just said. “Is that some kind of your century’s joke? I can’t believe that still exists in this generation!”  Jiyong sighed after he stops laughing while clinging on the semi-couch chair where he sits the whole time.

“Do I Look like I’m joking?”

“Your face though…looks like one.”

“What?!”

“You heard me.”

“Aish! This rude Kid seriously??!”

“Let her die then.” Jiyong said in a monotone voice, as if it was the easiest words like a toddler could utter during its first walk.

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

Mr. Ro stood up from his seat in a speed of light and widened his eyes in disbelief while his chair fell at the tiled floor. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?! DON’T YOU HAVE ANY HEART AT ALL??!!” He scolded and half of his saliva went too far that almost reach Jiyong’s face.

Jiyong chuckled. “It’s a wrong term you’ve used there ‘sir’ but shouldn’t you ask if BLOOD is even flowing throughout the heart of this body?” Jiyong asked while pointing at himself. “Seriously? Are you even a human? If you’re not a genius composer, I should’ve known better not to let you stay in this school of mine.” Mr. Ro said it in a defeated voice while turning around, pick up his chair and sit in a comfortable position. Jiyong rolled his eyes and replied “Thanks to ME your school won numerous awards last year during the music competitions. Aish why am I even wasting my breath here? Forget it”. Jiyong gave up and walked across the room. He was about to open the door knob when Mr. Ro interrupted him.

“Jiyong, we all know that without you, this school won’t be recognized and famous. You know why we can’t give up a student like you. You still have a bright future ahead of you. Just look at the positive side will you?” He advice in a calm voice as possible.

“As long as I receive my money and a place like the recording studio you lent me, I won’t die yet.”  Jiyong said and sighed before walking out of the room without looking at the Principal. Yes, the principal is a really good person but Jiyong don’t give a damn about personality check. He don’t like people caring for him and pity him. He’s not weak, he hates people being kind to him because he believe that he didn’t need people to treat him all that good stuff.  He just doesn’t deserve any of it.

 

*FLASHBACK*

From his 1st year here in YG High School of Seoul City, all he did was to compose, write and sing at the corner of the room. One day, he didn’t leave early and was heard by Mr. Ro who seems to just pass by through Jiyong’s classroom, singing and rapping. He was impressed by the talented boy and offered to pay him just for the sake of Jiyong being the composer of the whole School but Jiyong refused. He even offered to pay double but still Jiyong rejected the offer.

Weeks passed but Mr. Ro didn’t give up until he claimed his victory. Jiyong agreed with one condition, he should always use the recording studio after class. Without any hesitation, Mr. Ro sealed the deal. That’s how their school ends up gaining tons of awards during the competitions. Group of special singers sang Jiyong’s composed song and with a blink of an eye, trophies and medals were raining like cats and dogs.

Their School gained popularity but Jiyong never admits that he’s the one behind the growth of this fame. He just did what he is told to and claimed his needs. Simple as that. He didn’t want crowded place and media interviewing with matching journalists around him. Just by thinking of it, he rather die. He just needs a place where he believes he really belong to.

Aside from the Music club, other clubs also gained fame and that is the Dance club followed by the Drama club. They’re still planning to open a Theatre Club after Mr. Ro heard about the other school focusing on it instead so that they’ll have a chance to win some.

But being Mr. Greedy Ro, he wants YG High School to receive the award too. Mr. Ro is not the owner of the school but a very close friend to Mr. Yang Hyun Suk (YG) ---founder of YG High School---.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

Kwon Jiyong, being in his 2nd year now, didn’t care on what is happening around him. He just loves to be alone and he doesn’t even know the names of his classmates. For all he want is to graduate to this school and build his own recording studio.  That’s how his life went by last year. He’s just bored to death at their house so he choose to study at YG High School just to kill time but unexpectedly that incident with Mr. Ro happened and that’s how it end up.

Jiyong sighed. “Should I leave now? Aish what do I expect to do at my house? Have an eye contest to the wall?” He lazily slouched at the chair in the recording studio. “Nah, I should write now”. He reached for his pen and notebook lying beside the monitor not far from him. Thinking while tapping his fingers on the table.

After a minute, he began writing.

 

 


 

 

A/N: done with chapter one. thanks for reading.