flashback to the closet

Fallin' in Love

2017

minnie makes coffee in the kitchen for someone who doesn't even know her name. while all these good ideas are bouncing in her mind every day, just running other people's errands doesn't feel very good. she knows, however, she has to be patient because it hasn't been long since she got here and started working as an intern. she grabs the cup and smells the coffee, which changes her face.

"no but seriously, how can they drink this? no sugar, no milk, not even cream?"

"you will learn soon." says the head of fashion department, who just came in.

minnie turns around to see who's talking, "oh, bae joohyun-ssi!"

"i guess you're an intern."

"yes."

"have you seen my assistant? i saw you two talking before, so maybe you know..."

"who?"

"my assistant, with long black hair, has very white skin."

"um..."

"in green tshirt?"

"... oh right! yes we talked but it was just a small talk. i don't know where she is actually."

"okay then, you better make one for me, too. and please tell your friend not to disappear all of a sudden. if she keeps that up, i'll get really irritated." says joohyun and leaves right after.

"but she's not...my..." minnie tries to explain, slowly lowering her voice.

joohyun already left before minnie could finish. she forgets the cup in her hand and loosens her grab. it falls on the floor and shatters, "!"

 

in the meantime, soyeon discusses the story that hwasa wants written, with other writers in the meeting room. everyone agrees to write about that story except for soyeon.

"okay maybe i'm new here, but i have to say that this is not the neverend i know. this story has holes, and it discredits on many people with-"

"there is no good or bad story. the important thing is your perspective." says hwasa.

"but-"

"and you never know what the story will bring you without thoroughly researching."

"but we-"

"okay, let's end it here." says hwasa to the others as she gets up.

"will you let me speak!" soyeon shouts in anger and stands up. but after realizing she's shouting at her boss, she gets really quiet and sits back.

hwasa is astonished when soyeon shouts like that. she smiles after.

"soyeon, how about you come to my office and talk there?"

"o-okay."

***

after cleaning the kitchen, minnie wants to take a break. so she looks for a space to fall apart. she walks very fast so that people don't catch her to get things done. and another accident comes eventually, she bumps into a tiny girl causing her juice to spill everywhere.

soyeon screams, "god! i-i'm so sorry! i've been distracted."

"no, it's my fault. i was walking so fast."

"but your clothes..."

"yeah, it's, it's... is it orange?"

soyeon giggles, "no it's tangerine juice. but seriously we need to clean you up."

"okay."

"actually, you know, there are tons of costumes in the closet. it won't be a problem if you borrow one."

"are you sure?"

"yes, follow me."

then soyeon heads for the closet, and minnie follows her. when they arrived, minnie sees all the costumes. as soyeon said, there are a lot of clothes.

"they look rather expensive." says minnie.

"they are. let's try all of them, what do you say?"

someone shouts from behind the clothes racks, "i say yes!", she gets the smell of juice and adds, "oh, you're dropping orange juice all over the place." 

"tangerine..." soyeon mumbles.

as she approached them, minnie realizes she is that girl in green. 

"you are that girl right? joohyun's assistant?"

"maybe i am, depends on why you ask."

"she's looking for you everywhere. i also had to make coffee for her... well... i couldn't do anything though..."

soyeon carefully studies the girl's face and notices that her eyes are swollen from crying, "it looks like we're all having a bad day. so it wouldn't hurt to stay here and have some fun, i guess." 

"maybe you're right. but we should keep it short." says minnie.

"yeah"

"mhm"

"by the way, i'm minnie."

"soyeon here."

"i'm shuhua, but you guys can call me fashion yeoja. i'll dress you very well!"

***

"okay wait, before taking off these, let me take a selca." says minnie, snatching the selfie stick over there.