so obvious

Fallin' in Love

track 11 - quand c'est?


minnie came to the place where the funeral held in. there was a small number of people with banners, and they were chanting together "soojin get lost! soojin get lost!"

minnie saw the banner saying "miyeon wants you to kill yourself" as she pulled one of them to ask what was all that fuss about.

"what the hell is going on in here? don't you know this is her mother's funeral?" she yelled at them with all her might, "this is so disrespectful, please leave her alone, for sake!"

"she got what she deserved. you mind your own business, or you'll regret it." the girl shouted back and pushed minnie away.

another one of them jumped in the convo, "yeah, we need to protect miyeon!" and others cheered them up. 

minnie had to stay back as they were very furious and ready to fight over this. she left them there and went to the funeral. men in luxury black suits, women in classy dark clothes, everyone was looking so expensive. she looked around, saw the people drinking soju, talking about soojin's mom's inheritance that is worth millions of dollars. and she heard a man and a woman gossiping about soojin.

"some say she didn't like the legacy her mother left, so she found her own father and tried to take over the company through unethical means. greed makes people miserable indeed."

"in fact, i heard she was seeking revenge for some reasons. so, she put him to jail by spreading slander."

"didn't he confess his crimes?"

"i don't know"

"anyway... she might not be her real daughter, though. i don't understand why mr.cho accepted her without having a dna test."

"he probably felt sorry for her."

"and this is what he gets? she found every little defect in order to threaten her father. what a pity, her mother will be spinning in her grave."

minnie was losing her patience. therefore, she got to the terrace for air. on the way she wondered how soojin put up with all this. no one was blaming the man, not a bit. instead, everyone was finding a way to blame soojin. she got there and saw soojin on the terrace alone, standing and looking at the sky. minnie cleared , making soojin gently look back over her shoulder. but without a word, she turned round and kept looking at the clear blue sky.

"what are you doing here?" she asked as minnie came closer.

"i'm sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences to you."

"thank you" she looked at minnie again, "but why are you really here? she sent you, didn't she?"

"i-... look, i'm here because i heard the news, and i felt like being here. it doesn't matter whether someone sent me or not."

"why?"

"because you are my friend?"

"how am i your friend? we just met."

"no we-"

"if i could, i would burn miyeon and her father alive and watch them die in pain. but instead of doing this - because it takes a lot of effort - i will destroy everything they own and won't stop until i'm sure it happens. i hate miyeon, her father, her family, her friends and every little thing related to her. now, do you still think i'm your friend? because last time, as i remember, you seemed to be very fond of her."

"soojin," minnie released a sigh, "you're right, i know nothing about you. but i'm sure you are not the person you're trying to be. you're hurt, i get it. but holding a grudge doesn't help you any..."

minnie noticed the cold look on soojin's face was disappearing. her eyes were filling. minnie gently put her hand on soojin's shoulder and continued.

"... just like you saw my heart, my feelings for miyeon, even though we've only met twice or so, i also can say i saw how much miyeon loves you. i saw it in her eyes. no matter how bad you treat her, it's clear that she can't hate you, 'cause she really loves you."

minnie was surprised when she realized she just confessed herself that she has feelings for miyeon. soojin sniffed as a tiny teardrop fell, running over the mole under her eye. then she suddenly shoved minnie's hand aside.

"you think i care? i do not care if she loves me or not. that won't change anything. don't try to make me feel guilty. and keep your nose out of this, please!"

"soojin, you're not thinking straight."

"and you're talking about love?" she laughed bitterly, "you're talking about love while ignoring your parents' entire marriage is blowing up. you at love just like your pathetic parents and here you're still trying to talk about lo-"

with one slap, a really, really harsh slap, soojin stopped talking. she was blown her left side as minnie slapped with her left hand. soojin held her cheek with such a shock, then looked at minnie. minnie got all teary-eyed, lip quivering, nose flaring.

"don't... don't ever talk to me like that. i don't know how you learned all of this, but do not violate my privacy."

"same goes for you, too. it's not smart to poke around in my personal business, minnie-ssi." said soojin and tidied herself up, "thank you for coming, i appreciate that. and i'll forgive you this time, but never ever dare to touch me again." and she walked past minnie.

minnie grabbed her wrist, "i'm so sorry"

"no need"

soojin pulled away and left. minnie, left alone with her regrets, was very angry with herself, "what have i done?"

***

an hour later, minnie was still at the funeral, standing at the door and watching soojin from afar. now soojin was all alone, minnie was thinking. there was no one with her. not a family member, not miyeon, not even a friend. however, minnie noticed a man next to soojin acting like a close family friend. but also he was looking like someone who works for her. so she assumed that he must be her driver. while minnie was lost in her thoughts, shuhua appeared out of nowhere.

"oh minnie unnie? you came too?"

minnie didn't expect shuhua to be here, "you too?"

"yes, i came here as soon as i found out. i haven't talked to her since busan. her driver sent the word to me. what about you?"

"what about me? nothing... i just heard it and came by. i mean she's our friend, isn't she?"

now both of them were looking at soojin, standing next to each other, "yes, she is. but if she feels like she is not, then she is not. we can't do anything about that."

"what do you mean?"

"isn't it obvious? she's trying so hard to be the bad guy against miyeon and her corporation."

"did you hear something about them?"

"i've connected the dots... and also she was talking in her sleep. i heard a few things."

"what kind of things?"

"like... she hates everyone in her life, she wants them to cry in agony, especially her father. also she cried miyeon's name and it was like her heart was filled with sorrow and pain."

"also she's so obvious, right? even a stranger can say that she has a soft heart."

"well, except miyeon's saesang fans. clearly, they can't see that."

shuhua rolled her eyes, leaving minnie behind, slowly got closer to soojin. just then minnie had a call from work, and went out in a quick manner.

she was called away on urgent business. she thought for a while whether she should just go or stay a little longer and wait for shuhua.