complex emotions

Fallin' in Love

track 04 - More


 

"what's taking them so long?"

"i don't know."

"should we check on them?"

minnie and shuhua were sitting next to each other, worrying about the two girls whilst miyeon and soojin were standing, singing a song together, both were drunk. a while ago soyeon excused herself to go outside for some fresh air, and yuqi followed her a few minutes after. it'd been almost a half an hour and yet they didn't come. 

minnie took the last sip of her drink, "all right shu, i'll check."

then she left the room. on the dark narrow hallway, she passed by an angry girl. the girl passed in a mad rush. minnie looked at her from behind and realized she was soyeon. she scratched her head, thinking about what to do. then, she decided to go find yuqi, since soyeon was heading back to the room and yuqi was alone outside. and she went off without wasting a second. as soon as she stepped outside, she saw yuqi leaning against a car, eyes down. she walked over and stopped right in front of her.

"what's going on?" 

yuqi looked up, "what do you mean what's going on?"

"just spit it out!" minnie insisted, raising her voice.

"all right, all right, chill. i just forced her to tell me what's wrong."

"and?"

"she asked if i love lucas."

"lucas?"

"we're dating."

minnie tilted her head, "that's a surprise."

"yeah, it was sudden."

"do you like him?"

"uhm... i don't know"

"why are you dating if you don't feel anything yet?"

yuqi stood straight, stared into space for like five seconds and then said, "it's complicated" as she looked at minnie back.

soyeon walked into the room, gulping to get rid of the lump feeling in as she wiped the tear drop on her cheek. she entered the room and saw shuhua trying to break up the fight between miyeon and soojin. she stepped in and tried to pull miyeon back.

"hey, hey, hey! wh- wh- what's going on here?!" she asked worried, her voice merging with the song playing.

"miyeon just slapped her in the face for no reason." said shuhua, finally breaking it up, she put soojin behind her and faced miyeon. "stop! now!"

"i thought you were on my side, soojin, i thought our bond was real. but it turns out you just want more! you just want that damn company!" shouted miyeon.

"what are you talking about?!" soojin raised her voice too.

"don't pretend you don't know !"

"miyeon-ssi please calm down. shuhua, get her out of here, quick!" soyeon commanded, pointing soojin out.

shuhua nodded and took soojin to the restroom as quickly as possible. soyeon, then, helped miyeon sit and stopped the music. miyeon started to weep and laughed at herself while crying.

"could you please tell me what is happening?" asked soyeon.

"i~ don't~ know~~" she sang the words.

soyeon sat next to her and held her hands, "don't suppress your emotions or you will continue to explode like this."

"says you?" asked miyeon.

"what?"

"keep telling yourself that"

"all right, you're drunk, and this conversation is over." 

in the mean time, minnie palmed her face with a deep sigh, trying to figure out yuqi's 'complicated' behaviour.

"then what'd you say to soyeon?"

"nothing. because lucas came then."

"lucas came here?"

"yes, i knew he was coming to pick me up but he came a little early. soyeon told me to stay here and she said she'd bring my stuff."

"where is he?"

"over there"

minnie took a look in the direction yuqi pointed, saw him talking on the phone, and turned back to yuqi. 

"and you really thought soyeon would bring your stuff for you now." sighed minnie, "anyway, i'm heading back."

meanwhile, miyeon leaned over soyeon, whispering into her ear, "you're so obvious."

"ahem..." coughed minnie who just came, causing soyeon pull herself in a hurry, "soyeon, can you come here for a sec?"

they stood by the door as miyeon lay down on the sofa.

"don't ever try to heal yourself with miyeon."

"is she your girlfriend now?"

"that's not the point. i get it you're upset, but you don't need to use someone, right?"

"okay calm down. it's not how it looks. and listen, everything is so messed up right now. "

"what's wrong?"

"yeah, what's wrong?" yuqi came after minnie.

"miyeon and soojin had a fight. and it's bad. i think we should take them home.

"okay but i don't know where soojin lives. shall i ask miyeon?" minnie offered.

"i don't think she's in any shape to answer us. but, we got to at least try, i guess."

minnie approached miyeon and softly called her name, "miyeon? can you tell me where soojin lives?"

"in the h..." miyeon murmured something but minnie couldn't catch it.

"what?"

"in the HELL!" she roared wildly and both girls jumped in fear.

"o-okay... so..." soyeon started to pack the things up, "i think soojin can stay at our place tonight, unnie. i'll go with them, you just take my car and take this witch home."

yuqi followed her, "and soyeon, no need for a taxi, lucas can take us."

"wait, don't leave me alone!"

***

" ...here, hold on to me... 

...try to walk okay?...

...oh, a password? miyeon, what's the password?..."

minnie was at miyeon's house and managed to get the password out of her. miyeon scarcely knew what was going around her. she blinked and saw herself at the front door of her house, then blinked again and saw minnie laying down her on the bed.

"she is my sister" she muttered under her breath.

"i'm sorry?"

"soojin is my sister. my real sister. and now i hate her more than i hate my parents." 

minnie was surprised by this sudden too personal information. she remembered the record and connected the dots. now she got it what that sibling issue was about. however, she didn't say anything and pretended she couldn't understand since she thought miyeon would probably regret this the next day. but miyeon kept talking.

"i can't believe soojin kept this from me."

"how do you know she knows?" minnie couldn't help but interfere in.

"huh?"

"how are you so sure that she knows everything?"

"because... because she... i-"

"know what, don't think about that right now. just try to get some sleep."

"mhm" miyeon hummed and closed her eyes.

minnie had complex emotions watching her falling asleep. she wanted to touch her cheeks, at that moment, and wanted to caress her hair, hug her and be the balm for her wound. miyeon was all alone in this house and her house was big enough to make her feel even more alone, and minnie felt this as soon as she stepped into the house.

when she got up to leave, miyeon grasped her arm and said "don't go". before minnie could react, she was pulled down and found herself lying down facing miyeon who's arm was now completely wrapped around minnie's. minnie couldn't feel her body as if she was numb from top to toe. she stayed still for a few seconds, then felt her temperature rising together with the hum in her ears.


soon she calmed down and studied miyeon's face cautiously. her face was like an angel, thought minnie, and her existence was giving minnie tranquility. she had never thought that such a person could shout so violently. ever since they met, miyeon hadn't once behaved badly and was always quiet and calm, smiling. today she saw the side of her that she had never seen, and wondered what kind of miyeon sleeps deeper inside her.