don't you dare

Fallin' in Love

(hwasa: editor in chief of neverend magazine)

hwasa's assistant went to minnie's desk as minnie just sat down. she didn't notice him.

"minnie! she wants to talk to you." he said a little loudly.

"lucas! you scared me."

"now!"

"am i in trouble?"

"i don't know. just go."

minnie took her phone and headed to hwasa's office. she saw her behind the glass looking frustrated. she knocked on the door and walked in.

yuqi came to the floor to talk with shuhua about the details of the photo shoots. shuhua and hwasa's office partititons are near each other, so on her way, yuqi saw minnie talking with hwasa nervously, then she saw lucas sitting at his desk in front of the office room.

"oh hey! you missed me already?" lucas asked.

yuqi rolled her eyes, "shut up, i'm busy now."

"okay but, i had fun last night. come see me again sometime." he winked.

yuqi walked away without a word. shuhua had already seen yuqi coming and was waiting at the door, with her arms folded across her chest. yuqi glanced at her and entered the room. shuhua followed after and sat on her seat. 

"well." 

"don't say anything." yuqi stopped her.

"okay but, are you two dating or something?"

"no, of course not! i mean i like lucas but you know, he can be annoying sometimes."

"soyeon will be happy to hear this."

"what?"

"what what? don't act like you don't know."

"i really don't know what you're talking about. and why are you wearing glasses inside?" yuqi frowned.

and then, shuhua gazed at her over her glasses and said, "don't you dare."

minnie tried to explain herself to hwasa about why she hasn't contacted with miyeon yet.

"i really tried to reach her phone, i mean her manager. but everytime i call them the line is busy."

"have you tried to reach her company?"

"yes, it's her father's company so i expected that they will help. but they said the company didn't have anything to do with it and hung up. i guess there's something going on between them."

"so, neverend, one of the best magazines in seoul, has to deal with such an unprofessional attitude huh?"

when minnie opened to reply, someone came in suddenly. it was miyeon and soojin. minnie knew miyeon was beautiful, but she was even more mesmerized when she saw her in real life. heart pounding hard against her chest, she still managed to closed her drooling mouth.

miyeon threw them a smile, "sorry to intrude, but soojin has something to say."

minnie and hwasa was caught off guard and couldn't say a thing.

soojin pouted at miyeon first, and turned them.

she sighed and spoke as if reading from a page, "i did something childish, and i'm ready to do anything to make it up."

"and?" miyeon forced her to continue.

"miyeon has no manager for a while, so i am doing it. and yeah, it was me."

"so you deliberately didn't answer my calls." minnie stated.

hwasa stood up, "okay, we can discuss this later, for now, minnie..."

"yes?"

"while she's here, you can interview her, right?" she looked at miyeon.

"sure." miyeon nodded.

"and soojin, let's walk around, shall we?" 

"okay."

after they had left, there was such a long silence that minnie felt like even miyeon wasn't there.