"Jin-ki Is a Genius"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What if he never comes back?" I whine out as a I drape my body over Min-ho's knees. It is 10:15PM at night and it has been about five days since I've last seen Jong-hyun at 'Ding Dong'. I made sure Min-ho kept tabs on if he came in during the day, but he had not. I am starting to worry that my theory is right. That he only stopped in 'Ding Dong' because all of the other coffee shops were busy/closed. It really would be my luck to see him again after years only to embarrass myself. I should have leaped over the counter and grabbed him by the shoulders. I should have asked him on a date, but no- I let Jin-ki do all the talking. I honestly want to slam my head into a wall from my lost opportunity. I seriously did not seize the day. 

"I mean if he never comes back then he never comes back." Min-ho says with a nonchalant shrug. 

I narrow my eyes into slits and sit up. I am seriously considering gouging his eyes out. I raise a fist to punch him but he quickly grabs a couch pillow and blocks my attack. 

"You're such an ." I say as I cross my arms dejectedly across my chest. 

I watch the sneaky grin that creeps onto Min-ho's lips. He only has that grin when he is planning an epic soccer kick or is hiding something. I am sent into high alert from the corner of his lips curling up like that. I sit up on my knees and grab hold of his strong shoulders. I press my forehead against his because I am desperate for the information. What does he know?! If Jong-hyun did come into 'Ding Dong' and he did not tell me, Min-ho will not have eyes by the end of the night. I shake him which causes him to frown up a bit and push me away. 

"Yah! Why are you shaking me like a vending machine? Also why are you so close to my face." He wipes his forehead off as if I left something disgusting there. I huff out and push his shoulder back against the couch.

"Why are you smirking like that? You are withholding information from me and I really do not appreciate it." I say in a huffy tone. 

"I am not withholding information! I am just laughing at your agony. Typically you have guys chasing after you, this desperate Ki-bum is quite amusing." Minho's lip twitches into another sneaky grin. I snatch the couch pillow from him and start hitting his chest with it. I then leap off the couch as I draw my hand back with the pillow to slam a good nice smack into his stupid face.

"YAH!!! Okay! Okay! Put the claws away!" Min-ho surrenders, his arms blocking his face. I grin with satisfaction, I hug the pillow to my chest and sit on my knees next to Min-ho's side. Please, do not think I am commonly this close to Min-ho. This is the most contact we have had in years. Min-ho always smells like sweat and mainly oak. It is not something I am particularly happy to inhale, but close contact makes Min-ho squirm, especially if it's by me. It is the best strategy to get him to crack about anything you need to know.

"Spill the beans." I say. I wiggle as I feel excitement in my chest. Ki-bum, chill out. Min-ho could totally be trolling you and then you'll be angry for the rest of the night and try to gouge his eyes out while he is asleep. I mean, I could just rub my furry body all over his clothes. He hates when I do that. So that will be my revenge if his information does not satisfy my needs. 

"Jin-ki hyung... He's apparently meeting up with Jong-hyun tomorrow night for a movie." Min-ho says. Jin-ki?! Lee Jin-ki is going to the movies with Jong-hyun?! For what possible reason and how did I miss this conversation?! I don't recall Jin-ki asking Jong-hyun to see a movie with him when we saw him 5 days ago. When did the clumsy chicken get to ask Jong-hyun to the movies?! Why did I not make a move first? I can feel a hiss building up in my throat. I want to go and gouge Jin-ki eyes out now. Okay, no. Jin-ki is honestly a marshmallow that needs to be protected at all times. He literally falls if the wind is too strong. He trips over air and never fails to accidentally drop someone's order on the floor. He turns so red when he does it, that the customer often apologizes to Jin-ki instead of the other way around. Did Jong-hyun like clumsy guys? Guys that are the equivalent of tofu stew and marshmallows? Dammit, I could never be that. 

"How do you know this?! When did they agree on going to the movies together?!" 

Min-ho rolls his large eyes, letting out a small sigh of annoyance. "I know this because he mentioned it to me. He invited me to come along."

What?! Jin-ki invited Min-ho to the movies with him and Jong-hyun?! Why did I not get an invite? Granted, we have been really busy these pass few days. I have been making drinks nonstop from the beginning of my shifts until closing. Jin-ki also does not stay inside of 'Ding Dong' the entire day. He takes classes at the university and commonly leaves around 2PM. So, it makes sense that he asked Min-ho to the movies with them since he works mornings with Min-ho the most. 

"You have to bring me!" I whine out. 

"What?! No. You weren't invited." Min-ho says with a scoff.

"What?! We are all friends. I should get to come along by default!" I smack at Min-ho's arms and he blocks his face. I "beat" him up for a couple more moments then throw myself back into the couch. I really can't just go and invite myself. It will make me seem rude and like a loser. I blame my stupid curse for this. If I wasn't cursed then I would be able to work mornings with Min-ho and Jin-ki. Which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter