"Just Trust Me, Ki-bum"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hanging out with Jong-hyun that night, we agreed on meeting up again soon. We didn't come up with a solid idea of what to do, but I figured our next meeting will be me telling the truth. He trusted me enough to tell me he is biual so I have to trust him enough to tell him about my curse. I can only hope that he will be okay with it. The part that scares me is confessing I am in love with him. I know deep in my heart and soul that he is the one I want to break my curse. 

There are zero doubts about it. I still can't exactly tell if Jong-hyun likes me or if he is just huge into skinship. The signals are a bit confusing, but I rather confess to him and see what he has to say than not try at all. If he doesn't love me that way, I will be heart broken but I can move on and try to find my next soulmate. Honestly, who am I kidding? If Jong-hyun doesn't love me then it's the end of the world for me. I don't think anyone else will measure up to him. Sure, they may be taller than him and a little less weird, but they will never compare to him. Especially after he sung so passionately in front of everyone in the cafe.

I think quite a few people fell in love with Jong-hyun last night. Including Victoria and Soo-jung— who refuse to stop talking about him. It's okay though because Victoria has a boyfriend and Soo-jung is too young for him. That's at least what I have to tell myself during my shifts or I will attack them in a jealous rage. 

I'm just glad that I am making advances. I have officially hung out with him in his bedroom and we have another time to hangout planned. I doubt he's been spending one on one time with Jin-ki and Min-ho, so this has to count for something, right? 

I find myself plopping down on the couch next to Min-ho. It's  a little after 10 and we are both exhausted from a long day at the cafe. The Lees (Jin-ki's parents) had us stay after to do a deep cleaning. The health inspectors are going to stop by soon to check out the place and they wanted things spotless. I'm just glad we managed to get out of there before midnight. Min-ho and I hauled to make sure that happened. Now we are both too lazy to get up from the couch or make dinner for ourselves. 

"Can we watch something else?" I ask Min-ho. His huge eyes are glued to the TV screen which is playing some rerun of a soccer game. Is there ever a time Min-ho isn't gawking at men kicking soccer balls around? Hah, it sounds a bit gay when I say it like that. Anyway, you get my point. 

"What could you possibly want to watch? Aish, here." He says in a grouchy mumble as he passes the remote to me. 

I smile from the small victory and flip through tv channels. I honestly don't see what else there is to watch, but I need to find something or he will bore me with soccer. I land on a random American movie channel and let it play. Min-ho doesn't say anything which surprises me a bit. 

Honestly, he's been pretty quiet lately. Even though I am the main one to talk in our friendship, he usually expresses some sort of excitement towards me. He's been quiet since the music night at the cafe. It makes me think about how my mother is pushing to get with Min-ho. The thought of him liking me is ridiculous.  He couldn't like me, right? 

"Min-ho, can I ask you something?" I finally ask. Its just best to solve this now or it will eat me up. I turn the TV onto mute as I shift my body in his direction. He looks into my eyes with his own tired orbs. A yawn coming from his lips, he covers his mouth up with his hand and nods his head— he wants me to go on. 

"Do you like me?" I ask him. 

I watch as his eyebrow quirks up. He then suddenly bursts out with a laugh so loud, it kind of startles me. Why is he laughing? Such a jerk! I swat my hand at his shoulder as he doubles over. His loud laugh filling up our tiny living room. I grab at the nape of his neck to lift his head back up. 

"I'm serious! You've been acting all weird lately. You've been too quiet and you haven't even hit me with a cat pun lately." I huff as I throw myself back into the cushioning of the couch and cross my arms over my chest. He's such a jerk. 

Min-ho's laugh turns into a soft chuckle as he shakes his head and crosses his arms to mock me. I shoot a glare in his direction as he looks at me with this goofy grin. He's so annoying. Why can't he just answer my question? 

"Ki-bum, of course I like you. I wouldn't be cleaning up your kitty if I didn't." He an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter