"Help Me With My Curse"

Kitty Dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walk through the doors of Lady Jang's practice with Min-ho's hand on my arm. Chills run throughout my body as we take in the sight of the dim-lit place. There are a bunch of ancient looking books and shelves around the place. The front counter being made of this old wood with a display of different "potions" and "remedies" on the wall behind it. The feeling of it is a very stereotypical one. One that screams, "I'm a witch!". The feeling of it doesn't feel quite real, but I swallow back my doubts as we look around for someone to be here. 

"This place is giving me the creeps." Tae-min mumbles behind Min-ho and I. 

I turn to see Jong-hyun still standing outside and Jin-ki standing by the front door. There is a look of fear on both of their faces which causes me to laugh a bit. 

"Come on, don't be scaredy cats." I say with a playful purr. 

This causes Min-ho and Tae-min to snicker as Jong-hyun walks inside the shop and Jin-ki moves away from the front door. I step by Jong-hyun's side and slip my arm through his. I hope that I can provide him with some comfort as we stand in the middle of the place. There still is no sight of anyone else besides the five of us. Is she even here? Online it says she's open. 

"Hello?!" I call out. 

Bang!

We all jump at the loud sound of a door flying open. A lady clad in a black dress that has lace sleeves. Her figure is silm, a corest obvious around her waist. She has dark eyes that are highly alluring and captivating. She also has snow white skin with a beauty mark under her right eye. Her hair is long and dark, her nails long with a color of dark burgundy. I am a bit surprised to see she doesn't have a witch hat on. 

I can feel Jong-hyun's arm tightening against mine. I think all of us are a bit spooked by the woman. She looks as if she is middle aged. The crow's feet by her eyes giving a hint at her age and the light pepper of white hair at her roots. I feel someone's hand on my lower back, pushing me forward as the woman assesses each of us with her dark yet alluring eyes. 

"Hi... Are you Lady Jang?" I ask. 

She takes a moment to deeply assess me. I shift a bit on my feet and glance at Jong-hyun over my shoulder. He remains behind me, his eyes looking to the ground. I sigh a bit as I look back at the woman. I watch as she crosses the room to her front counter. She stands behind it and gives a nod of her head. Her dark lips forming into a small smirk. 

"I am. How can I help you boys today?" She asks us. 

I my lips and sigh softly, "Are you a... a witch?"

Her thin eyebrow up at my question. It honestly is such a stupid question. Of course she is a witch, thats what her website advertises and her look fits it. I hope that she won't strike me down with a spell for asking something so obvious and dumb. The atmosphere feels so heavy as she looks at me. It feels as if I am the only person in the room as if the four idiots standing behind me no longer exist. 

"Would you be here if I wasn't?" She asks me. 

She has a valid point. I take a deep breath as I turn around and quickly grab hold of Jong-hyun's hand. I yank him forward so he is standing next to my side which causes Min-ho to snicker a bit. Jong-hyun's hand is slightly shivering in the hold of mine. His nervousness is radiating off of him and onto me. Everyone's nerves are radiating off of their bodies onto me. I hate the feeling of being scared. It's something that will cause me to become sassy if it lingers around much longer. 

"Look, I need your help." I simply say, leaning towards the counter. 

I watch as her arms cross over her chest. I copy her action, my arms folding across my chest as Jong-hyun stands frozen next to me. I can feel the presence of Min-ho standing directly behind me which brings me some sort of comfort. He's taller than the woman and has more muscle than her even if she has magic on her side, I bet he can knock her down if we all need to make a quick escape. 

"What kind of help are you looking for?" She asks me. 

"Help with my curse." I say confidently. 

Wow, did I really just say that with ease? I guess since my secret is out in the open to four people, it becomes easy to confess. I watch as her face shows a bit of surprise. She then turns away from us as she comes from around the counter. We all step back to give her space as she looks towards a curtain of black beads. She gestures towards the area, expecting us to follow her. We move forward but then she holds her hand out and up. 

"Just you." She says as she points to me. 

I gulp and glance back at the others. Jin-ki's face is completely pale, Jong-hyun is shaking like a chihuahua, Tae-min looks a bit impressed, and Min-ho has a serious expression on his face. I make eye contact with Min-ho, my eyes screaming for help. I didn't mind talking to Lady Jang, but I refused to be dragged out the room into a mysterious void that is hidden by black beads. What if she tries to murder me? I need someone to back me up. 

"I am coming with." Min-ho says, stepping up and forward. 

"I'll come too." Tae-min says with an amused smile. 

Jin-ki and Jong-hyun remain silent. I huff softly at the sight of Jong-hyun look at the ground, rubbing the nape of his neck. I can understand him being scared of the witch, but shouldn't he be stepping up to come with me? We are here to try and fix his allergies to me after all. I can't force him to follow though. I can only hope he grows some courage as Min-ho and Tae-min walk forward. 

Lady Jang shakes her head, "He can come. The rest of you stay up here and don't touch anything." 

I nod my head and gulp as Min-ho and I follow Lady Jang through the black beads. We are standing at the top of a flight of stairs. At th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter