13- Seaweed Soup

October for Wenrene

Seungwan turns off her phone alarm before it could get loud enough to wake up her sleeping roommate. Poor Seulgi's had to work until the early morning, after all. She's more than deserve some restful sleep. 

Quietly, Seungwan steps out of their room, hands busily combing and tying her hair into some semblance of presentable.

It's too early for a day off and yet strangely enough, Seungwan can smell something coming from the kitchen. Something good and familiar.

It's a short trip from the hallway and soon enough, her suspicions are confirmed.

"I was gonna make some seaweed soup too but it looks like you beat me to it."

Joohyun visibly startles, probably not expecting anyone else to be awake at this hour.

"Yah," she says warningly at first, then pauses, softens, "good morning."

"Hi," Seungwan warmly greets back.

Joohyun doesn't hide her smile as she turns to go back to her cooking. There's a quiet pair of footsteps, a rhythm she knows by heart, and she knows Seungwan is walking right next to her.

"It's almost done," she tells her. "You can go wake Sooyoungie up in a bit."

Joohyun raises her ladle, carrfully blowing on the steaming soup to edible temperature before raising it to Seungwan's waiting mouth.

"Good?"

Seungwan's eyes widen like they often do when she finds something she like, lips forming a small pout as she savors the taste. Joohyun can't stop her amused grin nor the way her eyes linger on expressive face. It's Seungwan.

"It's really good!" the younger girl says in that weirdly well pronounced yet still foreignly accented way. "As expected of the great chef Bae Joohyun."

Joohyun laughs, loud and carefree, softly hitting Seungwan with her tiny fist.

Seungwan smiles wide in return, looking very proud of eliciting such reaction. It's always been her secret personal goal to make Joohyun smile and laugh at least once a day.

"Dummy," Joohyun giggles and Seungwan has to stop herself from pinching her adorable cheeks. She's still an unnie, after all. Their leader unnie.

"I'll go wake Sooyoungie up," she says instead.

Joohyun waves her off playfully and Seungwan leaves with a dumb salute. They still have a birthday to celebrate after all.