1- Bunny

October for Wenrene

"Aren't you a little too old to have stuffed animals?"

Wendy crosses her room in a huff, hastily plucking the bunny from Joy's hands and into her gentle hold.

"It's not mine," Wendy grumbles. "And stuffed animals isn't just for children. Some people have hobbies, Joy."

The bunny is placed back on the bed, its tiny fluffy body tucked under the blankets softly.

"Do you always keep your hobbies on your bed?"

"Shut up," Wendy blushes. "It's not even mine."

Joy doesn't even pretend she didn't mean her choice of words. She walks over to Wendy's bed and plops down, not at all mindful of ruffling the beddings and the owner's protests.

"Why does this not-yours bunny look like a fake Dr. Frankenstein had his filthy hands on it?"

It's not like Joy's description isn't exactly accurate but it still elicits a scoff from Wendy. Sure, the stuffed animal had been through a lot but that doesn't mean the tall girl should commment on it.

"I had to make sure Baechu keeps her batteries running."

"You named your bunny after a cabbage?"

"That's all you got from that?"

"Eh," Joy waves her hand casually, "to each their kink."

Wendy's blush returns full force and this time, she doesn't stop herself from pummeling a laughing Joy with the closest pillow.

"It's for the recording, ." Wendy picks up the old toy and presses the chest.

A teeny voice crackles from the hidden speaker but the sound is too weak to deciphered. There's a melodic giggle that has Joy glancing quiet questions to her friend. The recording ends and there's no mistaking the dopey smile on Wendy's face.

"So a love bunny?"

Wendy picks the pillow back up in reflex before she realizes Joy didn't mean it like that. Maybe. She smoothens down the creases and places the pillow on her lap anyway.

"First love," she tells Joy, smiles. "And last."

The taller girl makes a face. "Oh my gosh, don't tell me it's–"

Irene chooses that timing to knock on the open door. She doesn't even wait to be told to come in before waltzing inside and straight into Wendy's arms.

"Must I always be the  witness of your disgustingly sweet love affair?" Joy groans, making the most dramatic face she could conjure.

The couple doesn't miss a beat and rolls their eyes at their jeering friend. It's not like the first time they'd heard this.

"What were you guys talking about?"

Wendy points her thumb at the stuffed bunny snuggled up comfortably on the bed.

"Baechu."

There's a groan of complaint about ugly names that Irene barely pays attention to because that's just Joy doing Joy things. Baechu the stuffed bunny looks a little worn out with patches but it's still the loveable little baby she remembers in her childhood.

There's a nostalgic air to Irene's smile as she looks at the small toy softly.

"I still can't believe you kept that."

Wendy chuckles and pulls Irene a little closer. "It's our pet," she says.

Her grin is reciprocated with Irene's own adoring smile, eyes trained on each other, to a memory playing in their hearts.
It would have been the perfect time to cough and ruin the moment but Joy also knows Irene will give back twice as hard. Instead, she excuses herself out before the cheesy lines start pouring out.

"You did that on purpose." Irene pushes at Wendy's shoulder playfully.

"What?" Wendy laughs. "It's not like you didn't play along."

"Yeah, well. I wanted my me time with you."

"And Baechu," Wendy points out.

"Baechu needs to turn away."

Wendy laughs again. She gingerly picks up the ratty old toy and cradles it in her arms.

"I thought you love Baechu."

"Yeah, when we were seven." Irene scrunches her nose, remembering a time when little Wendy would follow her around everywhere, proclaiming she could go to the ends of the earth or whichever faraway place she had watched on tv.

They were kids when Wendy found out she was deathly afraid of animals,even the tiny ones. Little Wendy then got her the stuffed bunny they now call Baechu for a pet.

"You don't love Baechu anymore?" Wendy pouts.

Irene rolls her eyes but she still leans in to steal a peck on those plump lips.

"I love you."