8- Sweat

October for Wenrene

"Unnie, did you wait long?"

Seulgi wipes her head after jogging over to the side where Irene is sitting. She's been enrolled to a workout class against her will but she still finds herself enjoying the sessions so it wasn't all bad.

Joohyun stands up and hands her a water tumbler. "S'okay," she shrugs. "I don't really mind."

Seulgi replaces the cap after drinking, wiping at the excess over with a sweaty arm.

"You don't always have to wait for me, you know."

Joohyun only shrugs again.

This was all her idea at first. Something about either Seulgi eats her vegetables or start working out all the junkfood she eats. 

It made sense why she'd suggested exercise but it is kinda weird how Joohyun hasn't missed a session since Seulgi started. It's not like Seulgi's a kid, you know? She can go to her classes and behave. Like an adult.

Seulgi makes a grab for her bag and fishes out a pringles can only for it to be taken away by Joohyun.

"But I did well today!" she whines.

"Shower first, you smelly bear," Joohyun retorts.

With a huff, Seulgi concedes. She starts to gather her things when another person comes over.

"Wannie!" calls Seulgi at her brightly grinning friend. "You haven't left?"

"Nah, I thought I could wash up first here instead and then I saw you guys. I'm all sweaty."

"Great! We can go take one together then!" Seulgi cheers.

A coughing fit interrupts the two friends. Seulgi worriedly looks over her unnie and pats her on the back. Seungwan looks on amused at the incessant blush on the girl's cheek.

"Hi!" Seungwan greets, "Joohyun, right?"

"Yeah," she clears , "hi."

"I'm Seungwan."

"I'm aware... I mean, I noticed?" She laughs awkwardly. 

"I've noticed you around here, too," Seungwan winks. "Since you wait for Seulgi, and all."

"You know Seulgi, sometimes you gotta wait for her and stuff. For safety."

"Hey!" Seulgi complains.

Seungwan laughs, full and loud. "True but Seulgi's still one of the most independent people I know."

"You don't know her like I do," Joohyun says before she could stop . "Not in a bad way!" She hurries to correct her words. "I just mean we grew up together and... yeah."

"I get it," Seungwan chuckles.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. No harm done," smiles Seungwan. "Though it would make me feel better if you joined me for post workout bubble tea."

"Deal."

"I'll just go shower with this kid for a bit and then we'll go?" Seungwan casually puts her arms around an unsure Seulgi's shoulder. "Separately, of course."

Joohyun gives her an amused roll of her eyes, not minding the confused look on Seulgi's face.

"I'll be right here."