5- Sleep

October for Wenrene

She's here again.

Joohyun has been going to this library every weekday like clockwork and every single time, she finds this blonde haired girl asleep facedown on the same table at the same time without fail.

There's a laptop with the screen dark to the girl's right and a couple of heavy looking books spread out about her. A few index cards are neatly piled right next to them. 

Everything's the same.

Joohyun quietly passes by the sleeping girl's table and drops off a cup of extra hot coffee before heading to her own usual spot a table away right across.

Just as she's done for the past few nights.

And like always, it plays out the same exact way afterwards.

Joohyun will have studied for some time.

The girl would wake up around a quarter to nine, just before the library closes. She'd stretch, face adorably scrunching up as if she's trying to keep a quiet groan, and then she'd look around like she's trying to make sense of where she is.

Then, she spots the coffee.

It happens in a sequence. The shy little quirk on her lips, delicate hands reaching for the coffee cup, curious eyes surveying who the sender could be.

For the last few nights, Joohyun had successfully ducked away from prying eyes and focus on her notes.

Tonight, however, those eyes are a little too quick.

Their gazes lock.

It's like scene from one of those movies she's watched on the plane once. The ones where time seems to stop and as lovers share a moment.

Except time doesn't stop but neither do their stares. The blonde stranger looks at her surprisingly calm and Joohyun doesn't look away.

Then the librarian cuts in and calls for attention, a reminder of closing time.

Joohyun starts to clear up her things. She's putting away the last of her organized notes when she  notices someone standing by her table.

"Hi."

The blonde stranger.

Joohyun cleas . "Hello," she responds shyly.

"Thanks for the coffee," the girl smiles. "I'm Seungwan."

"Joohyun. And sorry," she adds, "I didn't mean to be a creep."

Seungwan laughs quiet and deep, eyes curving into delightful crescents. "No, no. The coffees are much appreciated."

Joohyun chuckles something a little self conscious and finishes her packing.

"I just thought you could use a little caffeine boost is all, since you sleep here all the time."

Seungwan's smile brightens so much that for a fraction of a second, Joohyun thought she's have to cover her eyes.

"Well, you're right," she says cheerfully. "And I might need a little more than this."

"Oh." Joohyun feels a little bad. She's not much of a coffee drinker but she should have–

"No, stop whatever you're thinking," Seungwan says, pulls her out of her rapidly spiraling thoughts. "What I meant to says was, would you like to have coffee with me?"

"Oh," Joohyun blushes.

Seungwan looks cute and she's being very nice and really, is there anything else to say than yes?