✧༝ Prelude 01: Rebellious ༝✧

✧༝ Adore ༝✧ You'll adore them (・ω-*) ON HIATUS

prelude 01: rebellious

8th of September, 2018, girls' dance class

 

Another day, another tiring dance class. Hyebin couldn't deny that she had fun while it was Lee Hyuk teaching, but today she couldn't concentrate on anything at all. While usually being a decent dancer due to her past as competitive ballet dancer, today all Hyebin seemed to do was forget moves and mess up. It wasn't the first time that she had tripped over her own feet while trying to execute some more challenging moves of the choreo the girls were practicing. When she fell on her bum yet another time, Hyebin yelped, feeling a familiar sting in her ankle. After suffering an injury during a ballet performance, the pink haired girl had been reckless, resulting in her ankle never healing properly. She'd sometimes get those stings, but they usually left as quick as they came. But sometimes Hyebin's ankle would just have one of those days where it wouldn't want to coöperate.

After getting back up and reassuring a concerned Hyuk that she was fine, an idea poofed into Hyebin's head. She kept practicing, going way too hard for her own good, and would fall over and over again. Her ankle was really not following her brain. The pain was worse than usual. "God, this really hurts... I think I need a break-" Hyebin whimpered. A taken aback Hyuk immediately complied, "Okay, everyone, 15 minute break! I'll go grab an ice pack for Hyebin. You," he gestured towards another female trainee, "Can you get some more water please?" The trainee nodded and left the room together with the dance instructor. The leftover trainees all huddled around Hyebin, guiding the whimpering, limping girl to the nearest seat. "Are you okay?" Gyeoul worried, holding onto Hyebin's hand and kneeling down in front of her. "I'm fine, unnie," the younger showed her friend a smile while giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Are you sure? You seemed to be in a pretty bad state just now," Kenna, one of the motherly trainees, chimed in. She sat next to Gyeoul to take a look at Hyebin's weaker ankle, then looking up at the pink haired girl with furrowed brows.

 

"It looks a bit swollen, are you sure you're okay and don't need a day off to give your ankle a break?"

 

"No worries, unnie! I still have a lot of energy to go on!" Hyebin cheered.

 

"You always have energy, Hyebin, but your ankle doesn't always share that energy with you," Gyeoul sighed, patting Hyebin's hand in an attempt to calm her down.

 

"I agree with Gyeoul here, you always overexert yourself, thinking you can still go on. Don't you realise that this is the reason why your ankle hasn't fully healed yet? You're doing too much!" Kenna continued, scolding the younger trainee, who was starting to feel intimidated. It was noticeable that Hyebin's optimistic mood was fading. "You know you can risk your debut with this, right?" Upon hearing that, Hyebin's expression completely dropped. Even though she was acting a bit dramatic to get a break, these words still worried her. She wouldn't want to lose her debut because of her reckless behavior. She sighed in defeat, her head dropped. The mood in the whole room dropped along with it. Hyebin was one of the energy pills, if there was a rare moment that she was sad, the whole group is sad with her. "Okay... I'll be careful," the girl muttered, admitting defeat to her concerned friends. Both of them relaxed, Kenna nodding in approval. "I'll ask if you can get the day off, Hyebin. I know you want to keep working hard, but you need this rest, okay? To preserve your ankle," the older stood up, giving the injured trainee a pat on the head. At that moment, Hyuk re-emerged into the room. Kenna averted her attention to him immediately, making her way towards the instructor.

 

"Can Hyebin please take the rest of the day off?" Kenna didn't hestitate, requesting the day off with a stern voice. Hyuk hestitated, avoiding eye contact as he thought, "I'm not sure if that's allowed... But if she really is feeling too bad..." He averted his gaze towards Hyebin, who was limping towards him for added dramatic effect. He sighed in defeat, giving the trainee a gentle smile, his eyes turning into little cute crescents.

 

"Go to the dorm, take a rest day, it'll be good for your ankle. Do you think you can get there on your own? It's just across the street, right?" the dance instructor asked, resting a hand on Hyebin's shoulder. The girl nodded in response, "I think I can get there... Thank you so much, instructor, I will rest well!" The girl grinned, thanking Hyuk before limping her way towards the door. She said her goodbyes to the other trainees and left without making too much of a ruckus for once. But once she had closed the door behind her, and she made sure no one could see her, Hyebin jumped into the air before hurrying towards the trainee dorms across the street.

 

Her plan had worked. She was out of the lessons for today and could do anything she wanted.

 

You see, today was a very important day for Hyebin, and it was time to head out. Dongbin and his team KT rolster were playing finals soon, Hyebin was already running late. She didn't want to miss the entrance ceremony for anything. She put on her brother's jersey, put her hair into bright pink space buns and left the door in one swift wind to go catch the bus. She didn't have a phone for the week, so she had to hope and pray that her best friend was still waiting at the entrance.

 

And yes, there she was. Hyebin's childhood friend Junhee was waiting right there, in her SKT jersey. SKT wasn't in the finals this time, but Junhee always wore her big brother Bang's jersey at any match she attended, just like Hyebin with her brother's jersey. "Oh my god, Hyebin! I almost thought you wouldn't make it!", Junhee squealed, flying into her bestie's arms. "I had to put on an act to get out of dance class, they didn't allow me to get a day off," Hyebin pouted, dragging the other inside. "Wow, I hope you don't get into trouble for that," her best friend responded, laughing. "No worries, I got it in the bag, they think I'm at the trainee dorm recovering for my ankle, they won't know a thing!" the trainee giggled, but her friend was unsure of that. "But... What if the other trainees return? This final might take long," Junhee wondered. She had always been the intelligent one of the duo, having to keep Hyebin on a leash at all times to keep her from doing bad things. "Oh..." Hyebin got lost in thought before giggling again, "Who cares? I'm going to worry about that later. Let's go to our seats, hurry!"

 

When the two girls were at their seats, Hyebin whipped out the fansign she had made, a nice, big sign that stood out. Dongbin didn't know that his little sister was able to come to the final, so this was her way to let him know that she was there. The pair was just in time for the entrance ceremony. As KT rolster and Griffin were introduced, the public roared, including Hyebin and Junhee, their cheers obviously being the loudest for KT, and mostly Score. Hyebin's big brother that she was so proud of could finally grab his first trophy today. It was the day, she felt it.

 

It became a long, tight match, spanning for hours straight, as the teams were almost evenly matched. On one side, the young prodigies from Griffin, on the other side, the experienced superstar roster of KT rolster. As the match went on for longer, Hyebin grew more worried, both for her brother, and for the other trainees coming home and finding out that she was in fact not at home resting, but out and about having a good time.

 

"Hyebin? We're back!" Gyeoul cheered as she made her way into the trainee dorm, the other trainees following close behind. No reply. "Hyebin...? Hyebin!" she kept calling, heading to Hyebin's room to check if she was perhaps napping. Nerves struck when she turned around, looking at the other girls with shocked eyes. "She's not here?" the girl immediately started rummaging around in Hyebin's room as if she had shrunk down in size. Kenna and the others also started looking all around the dorm. After a thorough search, Kenna and Gyeoul were in the living space together, thinking about where Hyebin could be. "You think she snuck out? Or is she just out for a moment to get coffee or something?" Mikenna wondered. As she said that, a light bulb went up in Gyeoul's head. "Ah! I remember her saying that her brother had to play something important today!" she exclaimed. Upon hearing that, the other sighed, grabbing the remote and turning the tv on. Kenna quickly switched through channels to play the League of legends finals. Both of the girls sat down to look intently to the public to spot a little pink haired blob in there somewhere.

 

It showed how KT rolster had taken down Griffin in the final match. The team running up to the trophy, celebrating and cheering. They all lifted up the trophy one by one and gave it a big smooch, proud of their achievement. They had finally done it, finally after such a long time, Dongbin's first trophy. When he picked up the trophy and smooched it while in tears, the camera panned on someone particular in the public. "Ah!" Gyeoul exclaimed, jumping up from the couch. Kenna only shook her head in disappointment, "Well, who do we have here..." And yes, there she was.

 

A pink haired blob in the crowd. The camera zoomed in on Hyebin, who was crying of joy while proudly holding up the fansign for her brother. "Isn't she Score's younger sister?" a commentator mentioned. "Yeah, she must be feeling really proud right now, it's so sweet," another one laughed gently while the camera showed Hyebin bawling her eyes out. Kenna plopped down on the couch flat, sighing in defeat. "Dear god, this rascal has to be kept on a leash, I can't believe she did us like that."  Gyeoul could only grin, patting Kenna's leg gently, "Come on, this is clearly a very important moment for both her and her brother. Let her have this moment."

 

"Besides, wouldn't you skip lessons for this one cute boy either? The one that might be debuting with Necalli? What was his name again..." Gyeoul teased. She couldn't get up from the couch quick enough as Mikenna shot up to chase after her. "Yah! Don't say such things! How dare you!"

 

At the stadium, the celebrations were all done, and the team was heading backstage to clean up and prepare to go have a nice kbbq dinner and after party to celebrate their win. Dongbin felt kind of weird, he felt like he was still dreaming. After so long, he had finally achieved the one thing he couldn't achieve. A trophy. A championship. But he would soon be dragged out of his deep thoughts by his teammate Kyungho making some weird noise. "Over here!" he yelled, waving at someone at the end of the hallway. And yes, there she was.

 

A pink haired blob. Again. Hyebin had somehow made her way backstage through security, bolting towards her brother and her 'uncles', not a limp or weak ankle in sight. Junhee was close behind, but she was mostly just there to yell at Hyebin about how unsafe her decisions had been. Several security guards were chasing after them, but they weren't as quick and agile as the two ballet girls.

 

"Hey bro! I can't believe it, I'm so proud o-" Hyebin's excited squeaking was cut off as a loud thumb was heard. The whole team gasped, and Dongbin immediately rushed towards Hyebin, Yoonjae close behind him. She had tripped, and was now squirming on the ground, grabbing onto her ankle. "Are you okay?" her big brother sat her up with a big frown on his face, his eyes still red from all the crying he had done earlier. "Is it your weak ankle, munchkin?" Yoonjae, the 'best uncle' squatted down on the other side of Hyebin, both of the older guys helping her now. Hyebin grinned sheepishly, pointing at her now swollen weak ankle, "well... yeah. It gave in," she laughed a little, making light of the situation. "I can't believe you tried that!" her older brother began to scold her, the rascal little sister. "You're such a , Hyebin," Junhee sighed, facepalming pretty hard. "Yo, you need to go to the hospital or something? Cause that doesn't seem like a nice afterparty," Kyungho commented, resulting in a glare from both Yoonjae and Dongbin. "Yeah, you can go to the hospital with the old men, we'll go enjoy a party," Woohyeon, the youngest of the bunch added. "You rascals, who are you calling old," Dongbin groaned, helping his little sister to stand up.

 

"I think I can just go back to the dorm and ask Mikenna unnie to take care of me," Hyebin grinned, still being in good spirits despite the jolting pain in her ankle. "Okay, we'll bring you home, there's a really good kbbq place near the trainee dorms anyway," her older brother sighed in defeat. "They have good soju," Yoonjae softened up, laughing gently. "Yay! Sojuuu!" Kyungho exclaimed, the rest of the bunch laughing. "It sounds like you're drunk already," Hyukkyu, the adc, grinned. "Says the alpaca that gets drunk after one drip of it," the other fired back. Yoonjae, as the tallest and strongest of the team, lifted Hyebin on his back, and the group started their journey to the trainee dorms. "How did you get out of training anyway?" Yoonjae asked. "I faked an injury!" Hyebin laughed, and it was answered by some players sighing, some laughing with her. "You look real silly now, munchkin," Woohyeon grinned, poking fun at Hyebin. "You always look silly, idiot," Hyebin fired back, trying to smack him, but Yoonjae was quick to create distance between the two rascals.

 

"What in the world." When Mikenna headed to answer the door, she surely didn't expect to see this weird bunch of people. A heap of men, Hyebin napping on one of their backs, and one other tiny girl hidden in between them. "Heya, Kenna! We have a delivery for ya," Kyungho grinned, waving at the flustered Mikenna in front of him. She needed a moment to take it all in, her gaze scanning over every single man present, and resting on the sleeping Hyebin. "What- What happened to her? How do you know my name? Who are you guys?" Kenna was visibly confused, trying to reach towards the sleeping pink blob to grab her away from these unknown men. "Oh hey, it's KT rolster! Congrats on your victory, guys!" another girl popped up from behind Kenna. Kyungho again waved, "Gyeoul, hi!"

 

"Thanks a lot, Gyeoul," Dongbin smiled, gesturing Yoonjae to hand over the sleeping baby to her rightful momma. Yoonjae smiled sheepishly before gently waking Hyebin up and putting her down in front of the still confused Mikenna. "Hyebin can't shut up about you two, how you guys are great older sisters to her and how you let her get away with trouble sometimes," Dongbin explained, showing Kenna a soft smile. "I'm her older brother by the way, I don't think you've seen me yet."

 

"Oh-" everything began to clear up for Mikenna, looking from the older brother, to the big guy that had been carrying Hyebin, to the one that had said hi, that guy still having a goofy smile plastered on his face. "That's nice to hear that she thinks about us that way," she sighed, wrapping her arms around the sleepy pink blob that was melting in her arms. "Hold on... her ankle is swollen," Gyeoul pointed at Hyebin's weak ankle, that was now bright red and swelling. "Yeah, she tripped while trying to get to us, sneaking backstage... She was being chased by big security guards and outrunning them, it was a real sight," Dongbin chuckled.

 

"Wait... I thought you injured your ankle and went home because of that, Hyebin?" Gyeoul looked at Hyebin, who was grinning sheepishly. "Go. Hye. Bin," Mikenna groaned, poking the grinning girl's forehead, "You won't get away with this easily," she continued. "Come on, she just wanted to watch her hero win," Gyeoul grinned, being the softer big sister for Hyebin at this moment. Upon hearing that, Dongbin visibly blushed. "Oh look, the big bro's getting shy," Sehyeong laughed, nudging him. "Let's leave the girls, they probably had a long day," Yoonjae spoke with his gentle voice, waving goodbye to the three girls. "Let's go get kbbq, I'm starving!!" Hyukkyu yelled. "Sojuuu!!" Kyungho also opened his throat as the noisy bunch left the girls to head out to their afterparty.

 

The three trainees were left behind in the doorway. Gyeoul waving the team goodbye as Kenna was giving glares to the younger trainee that was nestled nicely into her arms. Hyebin was grinning constantly, so sleepy it looked like she had downed multiple bottles of soju. "You-" Mikenna began, but she was interrupted by Hyebin, who was now starting to shed a few tears. "Unnie... My brother won, I'm so happy.... I feel full of power," the younger whispered, looking up at the older trainee. Gyeoul grinned in the back, heading back to the living space where the two had been waiting with some snacks. Kenna sighed, giving up. "I'm glad you had a good time, but you'll hear from this tomorrow..." She sighed, picking Hyebin up like a little baby to carry her to bed. Her ankle was so swollen now that she could barely walk.

 

"Silly goose..."

 

 

 

To the memories...

author's note : God I am so sorry that im bringing kt rolster into this once again but im sad and I got this idea like there's not many adore peeps to work with yet so what better way to introduce hyebin is by showing her passions and personality? sldkfjlsmfkj now im a mushy mess remembering the only moment that i was truly happy in esports (lemme tell you, its pain. Hirit left his team today and im a sobbing mess because of it cause im so worried about his wellbeing). i rlly wanted to do this today cause yesterday i got motivated by the lovely nova but then that sad news came and im on a roller coaster cause omega x is also coming back with a full album... im sorry if the quality isnt that good because of all of this but i rlly wanted to try ;;;; i hope you all love this chapter, i really liked the idea ;w; also!! yoonjae the big boy got discharged from the military just a few days ago and im so happy that he's finally back. dongbin has also been discharged since this moment in 2018. In fact, most of the players are retired now which is mega sad tbh