Chapter 6

The One Who Holds My Heart (Ongoing)

 

 

                “Here we are,” Erin announced with a wide grin on her face.

 

                Ven and Eve slowly got out of the car and stared at the huge mansion that was standing before them.

 

                “Where are we?” Ven asked curiously.

 

                “This is our home… Welcome to the Kim residence,” Erin answered with a light laugh. She was totally amused with the way Ven and Eve’s mouths suddenly dropped open after hearing what she said.

 

                “This is your house?” Ven asked again as if unable to believe.

 

                Junsu who was just quietly watching suddenly stepped forward. “Yes, this is our new home. This is our fourth house actually. We also have one in Japan, in the US and in Switzerland. Our parents are always travelling so they usually just leave us alone in the house most of the time.”

 

                “Gosh, your parents are really rich huh? Imagine to have such a big house and have other houses in other countries too is really…. wow!” Eve uttered in total amazement.

 

                Erin smiled. “Well money isn’t everything dear. So even if we have lots of houses, it’s still empty… Just like what Junsu said, most of the time we are always alone and we just have each other to lean on. So I am very happy that Junsu finally made some good friends here. And as a sign of my gratitude to you girls for being friends with my ever troublesome brother, I am going to cook something delicious tonight.”

 

                Ven looked nervously at Eve. Somehow she suddenly got worried. “Uhmm, it’s really not necessary Erin. And besides, my parents might not like it if I stay out too late. I didn’t even ask permission to go out tonight.”

 

                Erin smiled. “Don’t worry. I will call my parents so that they can talk to your parents. If they don’t agree, well I can always take you guys home,” Erin said with a reassuring voice.

 

                Eve quickly took hold of Ven’s arm and started to drag her into the house. “Come on. I wouldn’t want to miss out on Erin’s cooking. I am sure she’s a great cook.”

 

                Erin quickly laughed. “And how did you come up with that conclusion?”

 

                Eve smiled back. “Well, since you said that you guys are always left alone by your parents, then that means that most of the time you are the ones who cook your own food. Or I can also be wrong… since you can also have your very own cook and personal maids. Just like the ones we can see in TV. All the rich people have household help right?” she asked curiously.

 

                The older woman laughed again. “Hmm you’re quite a thinker Eve… You’re so adorable. Anyway let’s all go in and let’s continue our chat inside while I cook our dinner.”

 

                ************

 

                Several minutes later….

 

                Ven and Eve were somehow feeling very awkward as they sat in the living room of the Kim mansion.

 

                “I think we should go,” Ven softly whispered to her friend.

 

                “Why? We just got here. And besides didn’t Erin said that she will take care of our parents? So just relax. It’s not like we’re doing something bad. We’re just going to have a very nice dinner with some very nice people. We’re not going to be hanged or anything. So stop worrying,” Eve whispered back.

 

                Junsu who was sitting on the opposite side of the living room just looked at the two girls, quite puzzled. “Is there something wrong?” he asked.

 

                “Ahh, nothing. Ven is just worried that her parents will get mad if we stay out too late. But don’t worry. This won’t be the first time that we went out without our parents’ permission,” Eve mischievously answered.

 

                Junsu chuckled. “I guess we’re all the same then.”

 

                “Oh no dear brother, they can never compare to you and your antics. Let’s just say they are on the 1 rating and you… you’re already on 10,” Erin suddenly said as she entered the room.            

 

                The younger girls both giggled which made Junsu suddenly blush. “Oh Erin, why do you always embarrass me that way?”

 

                Erin quickly went to her brother’s side and playfully played with his hair. “Oh little brother, you do know how your sister just adores teasing you… It’s like my day isn’t complete when I don’t make you blush,” she said with a laugh.

 

                Ven couldn’t help but smile. Somehow she was feeling envious. She was thinking that Junsu was very lucky that he had such a nice and caring big sister. Somehow deep inside, she was also wishing that she had a big sister too.

 

                Erin then looked at the two girls and gave them a warm smile. “My parents already called. They said that they already talked to both of your parents and you’re both allowed to stay for dinner. After dinner, well… I am suppose to drive you guys home after an hour. Good thing, I already fixed the things I was going to cook this morning. And I was really planning to cook something special tonight… But I had no idea that we would be having guests… Talk about pure coincidence huh?” she said cheerfully.

 

                “Yup, surprises are always happening by the minute. I never had imagined, not even in my wildest dreams that we would be able to go to such a beautiful house like this. This is my first time actually to see such a huge home. It’s like a castle or something,” Eve said with a sparkle of joy in her eyes.

 

                Erin nodded. “Yes, this is also the reason why I asked my parents to buy this place. It’s so beautiful. Somehow I keep thinking I am just like a princess, waiting for her prince,” she added as her eyes also lit up with a different glow.

 

                It was then Junsu’s laugh suddenly broke out which made Erin and Eve looked at him, as if asking what was wrong.

 

                “What’s funny?” Erin asked as if irritated.

 

                “You” he replied.

 

                “Me? How come?” she asked again.

 

                “Oh come on dear sister…. Princess? Prince? What are we living in? Are we in a fairytale?” he teased.

 

                Erin immediately fumed. “Are you trying to make your life a living hell?”

 

                Junsu suddenly stood up and started laughing again. He then raised up both his hands as if a sign of surrender. “Okay, okay…. I give up… I will stop now. I wouldn’t want to eat alone and I surely wouldn’t want to eat take out tonight.”

 

                Eve tried to control her laughter. She was thinking that Junsu and Erin were totally funny.  “Uhmm, maybe we can help in cooking Erin,” she then just uttered so to stop the two from arguing further.

 

                “Ah yes, we can all go to the kitchen. You can all watch me cook… I always wanted to have an audience while cooking,” she replied back with a laugh.

 

                “An audience? Now you want a cook show?” Junsu started to tease again.

 

                “Kim Junsu, are you trying to start again?” Erin asked as if she was getting irritated again.

 

                “Okay!  I am going to stop. Just make sure you cook a very delicious meal for me tonight. I have been craving for a home-cooked food for the last few days,” he said as he quickly dragged her sister back into the kitchen.

 

                “Come on Ven, Eve… let’s continue our conversation in the kitchen,” Erin said as she quickly signaled them to follow to the kitchen.

 

*************************

 

                “This is so delicious!” Eve exclaimed as soon as she tasted the different foods arranged on the table. “Gosh, I really envy you Erin. I can only dream when it comes to cooking. You’re so good. Your husband to be would surely be a very lucky man…” she continued to praise Erin.

 

                Erin quickly blushed. “Husband? Oh that’s really impossible…” she suddenly uttered.

 

                Junsu laughed. “Yes, quite impossible. Considering you don’t even have one,” he then laughed again.

 

                Erin quickly glared at her brother. “Stop it or else you will be finding yourself eating take outs for a whole month,” she warned.

 

                Junsu instantly became serious. “Ouch, one month? That’s too much! That’s pure torture.”

 

                “So stop provoking me,” she warned again.

 

                This time, Junsu smiled sweetly at his sister. “Yes, madame,” he teased again.

 

                Ven smiled. Somehow being with Erin and Junsu makes her smile a lot. They were so entertaining to watch, especially when she was somehow searching for a big sister to look up to.

 

                Unexpectedly, Erin turned to face Ven with a very out of the blue question. “So Ven do you have any boyfriend? If you don’t, do you think my brother can apply?”

 

                Both Ven and Junsu who just stuffed a spoonful of food into their mouths somehow were caught off guard by such a question that they both looked at Erin with wide open eyes.

 

                Erin and Eve exchanged glances with one another before taking turns in looking at Ven and Junsu. The expressions on Ven and Junsu’s  faces so funny that they couldn’t stop laughing afterwards.

 

                 “It seems you caught Ven in the right spot, Erin,” she said with a giggle.

 

                Junsu tried to swallow the food that was stuck in his throat.  He then quickly gulped down a whole glass of water before finally speaking.

 

                “Erin, do you think it’s polite to ask such a question?” he asked out loud. He was so embarrassed with what his sister asked.

 

                Ven who was totally shocked tried to take hold of the glass of water in front of her. But her hand was trembling so hard that it took her two hands to hold the glass and fully drink from it. After drinking, she breathed deeply. She was thinking that she needed to compose herself or else she might faint.

 

                “Sorry, did I shock you? It’s just that I really think that you and my brother look good together. And since I know my brother is so slow when it comes to girls, I thought that maybe this time I can help him out,” Erin said openly.

 

                Junsu felt like all the blood in his body suddenly dried out. He then felt like he wanted to just hide under the table until Ven and Eve went home. His sister was making him so flustered but he couldn’t stop her since he was afraid of her.

 

                Ven again stared at Erin with eyes wide with shock. “Are… you serious?” she was able to mumble.

 

                Erin immediately nodded. “I like you… I like you for my brother.”

 

                Ven felt she was in a panic mode. “What is happening? This can’t be real,” she kept on repeating to herself.      

 

                Eve giggled. “Jackpot Ven! Say yes already.”

 

                Ven felt like her whole world was spinning. Both Eve and Erin were somehow helping each other now.

 

                “Look, you don’t really have to say yes immediately. I am just saying that if you would be considering him if you were looking for one. If not, then I guess it’s not his luck to have you. You don’t have to look so scared dear… I don’t bite, if you suddenly decide to say no.” she said with a laugh.

 

                “Eeehhh?? Is she really kidding? I think she’s mad or something,” Ven was saying to herself.

 

                And just when Erin had already decided to stop, it was then Eve decided to start playing again.

 

                “Erin, Ven and I are going to a party next week. Do you think you can help us out?” Eve said sweetly.

 

                “Sure, what kind of help dear?” Erin asked back.

 

                “Well you see, we’re going there alone… I mean, me and her… no dates. Do you think you can find some suitable dates for us?” Eve asked naughtily.

 

                An alarm just went in Ven’s head --- HELP!!!!