Chapter 5

The One Who Holds My Heart (Ongoing)

The next day, the news about Junsu and Ven spread around the campus like wildfire. And within just a couple of hours, Ven was already placed on top of more than two-thirds of the girl’s population hate list and she even manage to pick up some stalkers and followers along the way.

 

            “This is really crazy,” Ven uttered with a deep sigh. “What did I do to deserve this?” she then let out a deep sigh again.

 

            Eve giggled. “Maybe because you just went out with the hottest guy in school and so everyone is envious of you, including me,” she answered as a joke.

 

            Ven pouted. It was her usual expression whenever she was frustrated or simply couldn’t understand what Eve was talking about.

 

            Eve just laughed harder after seeing Ven’s reaction. Then she lovingly embraced her bestfriend. “Hey, don’t worry about it. The news will die out in a few days and everything will be back to normal. Just make sure to stay away from him for a couple of days, not until the issue has already died out, or else you guys would just be asking for more trouble.”

 

            Ven felt irritated with her situation. “What on earth are those girls thinking? How can they even put me up on their hate list when I don’t even like the guy… and we certainly didn’t have a date. It was just an accident or a coincidence that we were in the same mall at the same time… There isn’t a law forbidding that right?” she asked with sarcasm,

 

            Eve just shook her head and smiled. She knew her friend was really mad. But there was nothing they could do. Even if they try to explain to all the girls in their school, somehow it won’t make any difference.

 

            They were all jealous of Ven and jealousy is one of the things that can’t easily be dealt with.

**********************

           

            “Aaaahhhh!!!!” Ven screamed as she already had enough of everything that was going on.  Almost all the girls in their school was making her life a living hell. Different accidents and embarrassments happened one after the other in just a span of four hours. “Okay, this is already very annoying. I don’t have any plans to make enemies in school, but if they don’t leave me alone, I will make sure that they would pay,” she added with such irritation.

 

            “Uh-oh, calling all girls in school, please be careful while staying inside the school premises. Half-crazed and violent Venus already on the loose,” Jiajene said jokingly while having lunch with her sister and Eve,

 

            Eve quickly laughed. “Hey Jiajene, be nice to your sister. She might suddenly add us up on her own hate list,” she added as a joke as well.

 

            “Hey that’s unfair! Are you guys on my side or on theirs?” Ven asked with a hurt look on her face.

 

            Jiajene laughed. “You know sis, I never imagined that you would actually be this popular in school. Imagine, being on top of the hate list of the girl’s population in our school is like being a celebrity. Everyone knows you, though it’s on a negative side though.”

 

            Ven sighed. “Hmmm… gosh even you guys won’t stop making fun of me. Where do you think I can actually get some peace and quiet around here? Ever since this commotion about Junsu and I started, I haven’t had a single piece of privacy. Now I know how it feels like to be actually stalked and all your movements reported like you don’t have a life anymore.”

 

            Eve shook her head. Somehow she pitied her friend. “Well, just for your information Ven dear, Junsu seems to be the only who isn’t affected at all. In fact, I think he’s actually enjoying the rumor that you guys are a couple.”

 

            “Huh? Really? Now that is totally weird. How can he actually think that being linked up with me would be good for his reputation?” Ven asked curiously.

 

            “Honestly sis, I don’t have the slightest idea what Junsu really saw in you that made him like you so much that he’s so nice to you,” Jiajene remarked.

 

            “Ouch! Jiajene, that’s kinda harsh, don’t you think? How can you talk to your own sister like that?” Eve asked with a warning look on her face.

           

            Jiajene immediately smiled sweetly. “Ooopss sorry, my uncontrollable tongue suddenly went loose again. Sorry Ven… didn’t mean to totally pull your spirit down,” she apologized with a grin on her face.

 

            Eve shook her head in disapproval of what Jiajene just did. “You know, you’re lucky you’re Ven’s sister because if you were my sister, you wouldn’t even be able to grin like that after I am done with you,” she said with a hint of warning.

 

            “Hmmm, why is it everyone is being so violent today?” a voice suddenly asked out loud.

 

            Jiajene, Ven and Eve all looked at the direction where the voice came from. It was Yunho.

 

            “Hi,” he greeted the girls with a smile.

 

            “Oh brother, it’s you… I thought it was Junsu. I was going to ask him to clear everything out regarding Ven. So she can live in peace again. This issue regarding him and Ven is really getting out of hand,” Eve told her brother.

 

            Yunho nodded. “I know. I just heard one of the senior girls in my class planning something bad. Good thing, Erin and I were able to convince them to just stay out of the issue. Imagine, a simple date would turn out this way,” he said as he slowly looked at Ven’s direction.

 

            “It wasn’t a date!” Ven protested.

 

            Jiajene laughed. “Oh yeah, it wasn’t a date. It was just the two of you watched a movie together and ate together and practically spent several hours together in the mall. Yes, that isn’t a date,” she uttered as a joke.

 

            “Jiajene, if you don’t have anything good to say, then just zipper your mouth,” Eve said with irritation.

 

            Ven felt like she was suffocating. All morning, it was all about arguments, troubles, problems, bickering and JUNSU. She slowly stood up. “I am going to the library. Maybe I can get some peace and quiet there. The people here in the canteen are all looking at me as if they want to slice me up into pieces.”

 

            “Speaking of Junsu, I haven’t seen him today,” Yunho suddenly said.

 

            “He came to class but was suddenly called to the office and he never came back. Maybe he already had an idea about what was going to happen. So he already decided not to continue with the class… Such a coward,” Eve commented.

 

            Ven sighed. “Well it’s not his fault too. So we can’t blame him. It’s not his fault that he’s had the entire school admiring him. So if the girls in our school is angry with me because of him… well it’s the girls’ problem, not his,” she tried to defend the poor guy.

 

            Eve couldn’t help but smile. “And I actually thought that you were mad with him. I guess I was wrong. You’re defending him, so that means… you do like him…” she said as a tease.

 

            Ven quickly blushed. “Oh Eve, don’t start again. Someone might hear you.”

 

            Jiajene and Eve both laughed at the same time. Somehow teasing Ven was so much fun and she was kinda cute in her own way.

 

            While the three girls continued to talk, Yunho just silently observed and kept on staring at Ven, as if he wanted to ask something.

 

********************

 

            It was already the end of the last subject. Ven and Eve were the only ones left in the room.

 

            “Ven, are you going to sleep here or something? Let’s go home already,” Eve complained.

 

            “Let’s just stay here for another ten minutes okay. I don’t want to see the other girls in our class. I have a feeling they would surely be waiting for us outside the school, if we go out right now,” Ven replied as she continued to bury her face in the book she was reading.

 

            Eve sighed. “You’re right. Hmm, I wish I had told Yunho to wait for us.”

 

            Ven looked at her friend and smiled. “Hey, don’t worry. Those girls would surely be bored to death by now. I am guessing they are already leaving right at this moment. Don’t worry, we will be able to leave later on.”

 

            Eve sighed and just nodded her head. She knew her friend was right. All she needed was to wait for a few minutes more…

 

            Half an hour passed….

 

            Eve and Ven were already walking out of the school gate when something caught their attention.

 

            A group of girls were still waiting on a restaurant on the other side of the road facing the school’s gate.

 

            “Ven,” Eve tugged at her friend’s blouse as if to warn her about what was waiting for them.

 

            Ven quickly looked at the direction where Eve was staring at. And her heart was instantly flooded with fear. “Eeeehh?? They’re still here. God, they are really very serious huh?”

 

            Eve suddenly held on to Ven’s arm. “What are we going to do now? Should I call Yunho to pick us up?” she asked with concern.

 

            Ven was about answer when a car suddenly parked in front of them. Then the window of the front passenger seat suddenly rolled down and revealed a familiar face.

 

            “Get in, we will bring you girls home today,” Erin said with a bright smile on her face.

 

            Ven looked at Erin and then at the guy sitting on the back seat… It was Junsu.

 

            “Ven, Eve… come on. Please let us drive you guys home today. It’s the least I can do for all the bad things that had happened to you… all because of me,” Junsu said with a low voice. It was obvious that he was very embarrassed and worried as well.

 

            Ven then looked at Eve. She was somehow asking her, if they were going to accept Erin and Junsu’s invitation or not.

 

            Without any hesitation, Eve suddenly opened the door of the car and pulled in Ven with her.

 

            As the car drove away, the group of girls waiting for Ven were all left with their mouth wide open because of shock and disbelief… ‘So it was true, Ven and Junsu were really involved that even her sister is approved of it,’ they all thought.

 

            “Waaaaaaaaaahhhh…..” a girl cried. “This can’t be. I was just beginning to plan on how to get close to him. And now… now…” then the girl cried again.

 

            Some of the other girls followed. They all cried. They were so disappointed that their prince charming was now officially taken.

 

**************

 

            Erin looked at the top mirror inside the car. She then smiled and shook her head. Eve was sitting in the middle of Junsu and Ven. The atmosphere was filled with silence and it was obvious that they were all feeling very awkward. Somehow she wanted to laugh and make a joke about her brother and Ven, but she immediately stopped herself. She knew it was just going to make the atmosphere more tensed. She suddenly thought of something… something very, very nice for both Ven and his brother. A very naughty smile instantly appeared on her lips and then she quickly took out her phone and started to call someone… She knew both his brother and Ven would surely love her surprise.