Chapter 1

The One Who Holds My Heart (Ongoing)

“It’s been a nice and perfect day. A perfect morning made up of a lovely breakfast with my sister Jiajene and a totally entertaining morning chat on the phone with my best friend, Eve. Jiajene is my younger sister. Just two years younger to be exact, but sometimes she totally acts like she’s the older one. While Eve… I met her when I was just five years old. My very first time in school and we easily became friends. Ever since then we have been best of friends and more like sisters. We went to the same school, took the same classes and basically did everything together.

 

And just like any ordinary day, everything was done in its usual pattern… No changes, no complications… the usual routine… my exact definition of perfect.”

 

***********************************

 

“Hi Ven! Hi Jiajene! Get in. We wouldn’t want to be late for our very first day in school…” Eve said with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Hi Eve… Hello Yunho. How was your trip to Germany?” I greeted and comfortably seated myself inside the car. (Yunho is Eve’s older brother… He’s a year older…)

 

Yunho smiled. “It was fun. And how was your vacation? Eve told me the two of you just spent your time working. You should have just spent your time relaxing or touring some nice scenic spot just like what I did. It is really quite relaxing and it somehow added new spice into my life. Now look at the two of you… you both look thin and quite haggard,” he said with concern.

 

“Oh, it’s okay. I just wanted to save enough money for additional or sudden expenses this school year. And besides I heard there will be a lot of school activities this year, I wouldn’t want to miss out on those things just because of money matters,” I said with a mischievous smile.

 

Yunho laughed. “So that’s the real motive. Well I guess you can always rest later,” he then shook his head and started the car.

 

“Hey, Yunho… where’s my gift? Don’t tell me you forgot?” Jiajene asked teasingly.

 

Again Yunho couldn’t help but laugh. “Oh don’t worry. I didn’t forget. Eve, can you please give them the small plastic bags in the compartment.”

 

Eve quickly took out the gifts Yunho bought and gave them to Jiajene and me.

 

“Thanks… Perfume… You’re really sweet,” Jiajene said happily.

 

I took out the small box in the plastic bag I was holding and just like Jiajene’s gift, it was also a bottle of a famous perfume. I somehow felt guilty receiving his gift. I knew the perfumes he gave us were both quite expensive. “Yunho, you shouldn’t have bought us such expensive gifts,” I voiced out.

 

“It’s okay. You know I love you guys like my sister. So whatever I buy for her, I buy for you guys as well,” he replied casually.

 

I sighed. He was really a very nice guy. Eve was very lucky to have a brother like him. He was handsome, smart, and totally caring. Most of the girls in school had a crush on him since he was one of the most well-praised and awarded student in school. He was a perfect catch…

 

There were times that Jiajene would make a joke on me and say that I should start dating Yunho so I could officially end up as Eve’s sister-in-law and so that we could really be like sisters in real life. Somehow I had thought about the idea, just because of Jiajene’s jokes. But I couldn’t really picture myself as being in love with Yunho.

 

Yes, he was the perfect guy for any girl. But somehow my heart was searching for somebody else. His qualities weren’t that really appealing to me. Yunho was just like a brother to me, nothing more and nothing less. And having him as a boyfriend was against one of my principles in life, which was not to get romantically entangled with any of my friends’ relatives. I somehow find this very unacceptable. I didn’t want to ruin my relationship with my friends just because of love matters. For me, friends were more important than love.

 

It only took about twenty minutes before we all reached our school. And as soon as the car stopped, Eve immediately stepped out and basically dragged me out as well.

 

“Come on, Ven… Let’s hurry. I want to be the first one to meet our new classmate. I heard we have a new transfer student. I hope he’s cute,” Eve said as she giggled and tried to arrange her hair. “Do I look okay?” she suddenly asked.

 

I laughed a little. “Yes, totally cute like always,” I replied.

 

“Yunho, we’re going okay. See you at lunch time brother,” Eve said cheerfully.

 

“Bye, and have a nice day as well,” Yunho uttered as he also hurriedly stepped out of the car and waved goodbye.

 

“Hey, where’s Jiajene?” I suddenly noticed my sister was already gone.

 

“There,” Eve uttered as she pointed to my sister already walking away with her friends.

 

“Bad girl! She didn’t even say goodbye and she didn’t thank you guys for the ride. Sorry about my sister,” I apologized to Eve.

 

Eve laughed. “It’s all right. I am already used to your sister. She’s like my little sister too. So don’t worry. Come on, let’s get going.”

 

******************************************

“What do you think our new classmate looks like?” Eve asked me as we sat near the window.

 

“Normal,” I replied jokingly.

 

“Oh come on… Don’t be like that. I heard he’s cute and totally to die for. I also heard he has a sister… They are both transferring here because their parents were transferred here by their company,” Eve continued to fill me in on our new classmate’s details.

 

“How come you already know so much about him?” I asked teasingly.

 

Eve smiled. “Well, both their parents are also working in the same company as my father so I know… All the details are straight from my father,” she answered proudly.

 

I laughed. “Quite a nice source of information.”

 

“Oh, I am so excited. I hope he’s really handsome. So we can at least have some kind of source of inspiration in our class,” Eve said as her imagination somehow started to fly her off into dreamland.

 

*************************************

 

After fifteen minutes, their teacher finally entered the room right behind her.

 

“Class… I want you to welcome your new classmate… Junsu,” their teacher announced with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Hello… nice to meet all of you, I’m Kim Junsu. I hope we can all be good friends,” he uttered with the most charming smile that instantly made all the girls in the classroom gasp in total awe.

 

Boom! My heart just left and went straight to the guy standing right in front of me.