Chapter 3

The One Who Holds My Heart (Ongoing)

“Hey Ven! Wake up!” Jiajene shouted at the top of her lungs. She was trying to annoy her sister like the way she always does… everyday.

 

                Tired and still sleepy, Venus just opened her eyes for a few seconds to see if her sister was really in her room before finally closing them again and changing her position on her bed. “Go away! No classes today remember? I need some sleep…”

 

                Jiajene laughed and quickly jumped on her sister’s bed. “Hey Ven, come on wake up please…. I want to go to the mall today. But Mother said I can’t go not unless you go with me,” she sweetly said to Ven as she somehow looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

                Venus quickly opened her eyes to look at her sister. “So that’s why you’re being nice huh? You need me to babysit you?”

 

                Jiajene smiled and then nodded continuously. “My friends and I need to go and buy something. Maybe you can just tag along and when we’re already at the mall we can go our separate strolls and just meet up again on a specific time. What do you think?” she asked with a certain twinkle in her eyes.

 

                “You’re friend? Or is it another boy you’re going out with?” Ven asked suspiciously.

 

                Jiajene immediately blushed and grinned mischievously. “You caught me again… Yes, it’s a new boy. We’re going out… So can you help me? Please…” she begged this time in a more convincing manner.

 

                Ven couldn’t help but let out a laugh. Even though her sister was a total brat at times, she still loved her to the point that she always ended up covering for her.

 

                “Ven, please… this is really, really important,” Jiajene added.

 

                “Important? Like all the dates you go to? They are all important right?” Ven teased. Somehow she wanted to make her sister beg longer before she was going to agree. Yes, she knew she was being naughty but she loved the feeling of seeing her sister sweet and nice even for a short while.

 

                “Ven… Come on… Pretty please! It’s already 9 in the morning. We’re supposed to meet at 10. Just do this for me, and I promise I will try to be nice to you for a whole month,” Jiajene said with a wicked smile.

 

                Ven laughed again. “Only one month? How about a year?”

 

                “You’re taking advantage! 3 months,” Jiajene replied with a pout.

 

                “6 months,” Ven said in return with a serious look on her face. She then started to arrange her pillow again as if she was going back to bed.

 

                Jiajene sighed. “Fine… 6 months. I will be totally nice to you. No smart remarks, no annoying jokes, no pestering … whatsoever. Happy?”

 

                Ven quickly got up and smiled widely at her sister. “Yes, totally happy. What are we waiting for? We’re going shopping right?” she asked with a wink.

 

******************************

 

                An hour later…

 

                Ven sighed. She was all alone at the mall. Jiajene and her date went on their own stroll. They were supposed to meet at around 4pm. Again she sighed. It was only passed 10 in the morning. What in the world was she supposed to do from 10 until 5 in the afternoon. An unbelievable 7 hours of waiting…

 

                “Aaaahhh..” she uttered in total frustration. She didn’t really like going out not unless Eve was with her. “Oh Eve,” she suddenly remembered. She quickly took out her phone and started to dial her friend’s number.

 

                “Sorry Ven, Eve went out with Yunho to buy something,” Eve’s mother said with a very sweet voice.

 

****************************

 

                Minutes later….               

 

Sigh. Venus walked without any specific direction. She was strolling the mall all alone. “Where did Eve go?” she started to ask herself.

 

Without any choice at all, she started to go from one shop into another… She was feeling totally bored and wasn’t enjoying her so-called shopping. After an hour of window shopping, she already wanted to cry because of boredom and regret. She shouldn’t have agreed to her sister’s request.

 

But then she suddenly remembered what she and Jiajene agreed upon. “6 months of peace,” she unexpectedly uttered with a smile. “Maybe it’s not so bad after all,” she said out loud that caught the attention of some people passing by.

 

Embarrassed, Ven quickly walked away. She was walking so fast that she didn’t see where she was going.

 

                “Aaaahhh…” she uttered after she fell down on the floor.  Someone had accidentally bumped her… or was it her that bumped into the other person. Whatever the real situation was… she was mad… The unlucky person was certainly going to regret bumping into her.

 

                Venus angrily looked up and was surprised to see who was standing in front of her. The anger she had was instantly replaced with embarrassment. Somehow she wanted to run and hide. Just thinking of her very awkward position on the floor was also enough to make her melt right on the spot.

 

                Junsu smiled sweetly. “Sorry, are you hurt? Here let me help you…” he said as he gently helped her to stand up. He then quickly gathered all the things that she had dropped.

 

                “Uhmm… Sorry,” Venus said with a low voice. Somehow her legs were trembling. She was suddenly scared that she was going to make more embarrassing moments for herself, if she stayed longer with Junsu. “I am really sorry for bumping into you. I wasn’t looking.”

 

                Again the angelic smile of the man in front of her appeared. “I should be the one apologizing. I wasn’t looking as well.”

 

                “I need to get away….” was the only thing replaying in Ven’s mind.

 

                “Are you alone?” Junsu asked.

 

                It was then Ven realized that she was indeed alone. “My God!” she exclaimed in her mind.

 

                “Are you alone?” he repeated.

 

                “Aaahh, no. I have my sister with me. She just went somewhere to buy something,” she lied.

 

                “Oh I see. I thought you were alone,” he said with a disappointed look on his face.

 

                “Yes, I am not alone… Jiajene will be back soon. So you don’t need to worry about me. You can just go on with your stroll or shopping…” Ven said nervously.

 

                “I see. Well maybe I can stay with you until she comes back. It’s quite lonely being all alone in the mall,” he said sweetly.

 

                “No, you don’t have to do that. She will be here…” Ven lied again. “What am I supposed to do now?” she started to ask herself.

 

                And out of the blue…. Someone unexpected appeared……

 

                “Ven!” Jiajene called out.

 

                Venus immediately turned around to see her sister walking up to her. Somehow she wanted to just hug her sister for saving her at the right time.

 

                “Hey Ven, I can’t meet you up at 5 okay. Better move that to 6. Jes and I will watch a movie first then go strolling later. So we need more time. So just find something to do until then okay?” she immediately said out loud the moment she was in front of her.

 

                Ven felt like someone poured cold water on her. “Jiajene!!! I am going to fry you!” she was screaming inside her head.

 

                It was then Jiajene noticed Junsu. “Huh? Who are you?” she asked innocently.

 

                “Oh I am her new classmate,” Junsu answered.

 

                “I see. Well maybe you can stay with my sister. She will be alone until 6,” Jiajene said with a mischievous laugh.

 

                “Jiajene,” Ven managed to utter. She then placed her arm around her sister’s shoulders and whispered in her ear. “You better hide after this… because I assure you I am going to make you cry… big time.”

 

                Jiajene laughed again as if she was teasing her sister more. “Bye guys, have fun,” she uttered while she waved goodbye.

 

                Only a few minutes passed and Jiajene was gone again.

 

                “Well… I can’t leave you all alone for so many hours. Where do we go now?” Junsu asked with a wide grin on his face.

 

                “WAAAHHH!!! Somebody help me!” Ven wanted to cry out.