Chapter 4

The One Who Holds My Heart (Ongoing)

“So where are we going?” Junsu asked with a sweet smile on his lips.

 

                Ven who was busy of thinking ways how to get rid of Junsu suddenly focused her attention on the guy who was looking at her with a heart-melting smile on his lips.

 

                Somehow her heart started racing again. She suddenly remembered her sister again. She really wanted to strangle her sister’s neck right at that moment. If Jiajene hadn’t come along and spilled her real situation to Junsu, she would have easily lied and gotten away from the guy.

 

                Sigh… There was nothing else to do but bear with the current situation, she thought.

 

                “Uhmmm, I really don’t have any idea,” she suddenly answered with a low voice.

 

                “Aahh, I have an idea,” Junsu quickly said with a very happy mood.

 

                “What?” Ven asked with a curious look on her face.

 

                “Let’s watch a movie,” Junsu suggested.

 

                “A movie?” the words kept on echoing in Ven’s mind as if it was a nightmare. How on earth should she react now, she was asking herself.

 

                “Come on, there’s a really great movie showing now. But somehow I just couldn’t watch it alone since I really don’t like watching a movie alone,” Junsu said as she quickly took Ven’s hand and literally dragged her to the cinema area.

 

                Everything happened quite fast for Ven. Junsu decided everything on his own and Ven just followed without any protest. She was already sitting and staring blankly at the wide screen infront of her when she finally came to her senses.

 

                She was in a cinema, with a boy she hardly knew. “What on earth was she thinking?” she was screaming inside her head after she finally realized what was happening. She shyly looked at Junsu and tried to act calmly.

 

                He was very serious and was focused on the movie that he didn’t even notice that she was looking at him. She looked more closely at him. Somehow she was taking advantage of staring at him up close. “He has such seductive lips,” the thought suddenly entered her mind.

 

                Embarrassed, she quickly turned and she couldn’t stop herself from turning red. “What am I thinking?” she again asked herself. She needed to wake herself up or else she would be placing herself in a very embarrassing situation, she thought.

 

                “Are you okay?” a voice suddenly interrupted her thoughts.

 

                Ven stared at the guy beside her and just nodded. “I was just thinking of something,” she replied.

 

                Junsu lightly laughed. “Why is it that you’re always thinking of something? Is it just me or are you really too concerned about a lot of things?” he asked jokingly.

 

                Ven pretended to laugh as well. “Gosh! Even your laugh is addicting. I should really stay away from you… You’re driving me mad,” she thought.

 

                “Don’t you like the movie?” Junsu asked again.

 

                “Oh.. no! Oh I mean I like it,” she was starting to get confused on how to answer.

 

                “I thought you didn’t like the movie. We can change to another movie, if you want…” he said with concern in his voice.

 

                “Oh don’t worry about me. The movie is fine with me,” she said as she tried to act like everything was fine.

 

                Junsu gave Ven a quick glance and somehow wanted to say something but just stopped and looked at the movie again. “After this, let’s do something you want to do, okay?” he suddenly said that made Ven feel more nervous.

 

                The movie somehow finished quite fast than expected or maybe it was just because Ven’s mind was constantly flying in different directions that she didn’t really notice the time.

 

                “Did you enjoy the movie?” Junsu asked Ven as they were already sitting in a restaurant.

 

                “Aahh, yes,” she replied quickly. “It was nice. I really love the drama.”

 

                Junsu looked at Ven, as if confused. “Drama?” he asked .

 

                “Yes, I really the story and the way it developed. The drama in the story is nice,” Ven said while trying to act like she knew what she was talking about.

 

                Junsu smiled, Somehow there was a hidden meaning to his smile.

 

                “Why? Why are you smiling like that?” Ven curiously asked.

 

                Junsu couldn’t get the smile off his face. “Nothing. You’re really funny. Do you know that?”

 

                “Huh? Funny? Me? How come?” Ven continuously asked.

               

                “Nothing,” Junsu said again as he tried to hide his laughter.

 

                “Hey, what’s funny?” Ven asked again while her temper was somehow rising. She didn’t like it when people laugh at her with no apparent reason.

 

                Junsu quickly sensed Ven’s changing mood. “Hey, don’t be mad okay…. I just couldn’t help but laugh because …” somehow he couldn’t continue what he wanted to say.

 

                “Because?” Ven asked again.

 

                Junsu smiled again. “Nothing. I am just being silly I guess. Sorry, if I offended you,” he uttered as he then sipped his drink again.

 

                Ven was about to say something when Jiajened appeared out of nowhere. She happily sat down beside her sister. “How are you guys? Having fun?” she asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

 

                “Jiajene,” Ven uttered as if warning her sister to stop talking already.

 

                “Oh we just finished watching a movie,” Junsu replied.

 

                “A movie? Really now? My sister went to a movie with you? Alone? Now that’s new!” Jiajene  remarked with a smile.

 

                “What do you mean?” Junsu asked curiously.

 

                “Well she doesn’t go out with a guy. Come to think of it, I think you’re the first guy she ever went to a movie with… Usually she just goes to a movie with Eve or Eve and Yunho… You’re lucky. You had the chance to accompany my sister,” Jiajene said as she started to laugh.

 

                Ven felt like her face was turning red with embarrassment. “Jiajene, stop it. I thought you’re going to play nice? Remember our agreement? Six months?”

 

                Jiajene stared at her sister and suddenly remembered her agreement with her. “Oh, I forgot. Oooppss.. sorry. Anyway what movie did you guys watch?” she somehow wanted to change the topic.

 

                Junsu said the title of the movie. And Jiajene quickly nodded her head. “Yes, that’s a nice movie. I really laughed so hard while watching it. I watched it last week with my friends. And all of us were like dying of laughing because of that movie. It’s hilarious.”

 

                “WHAT?” the question suddenly echoed in Ven’s mind. “The movie was hilarious?” she asked herself. She then tried to think … but she really couldn’t remember even a portion of the movie that they watched.

 

                “So Ven did you like it?” Jiajene asked her sister.

 

                Ven felt like she wanted to hide under the table and just stay there forever. She finally realized the real reason why Junsu was smiling like crazy and was trying to control himself from laughing. The movie they watched was a comedy.

 

                “Oh god! What did I say?” she then asked herself.

 

                Boom…. She quickly remembered her exact words.

 

                “Yes, I really the story and the way it developed. The drama in the story is nice.”

 

                Ven wanted to scream. She made a total fool of herself again. Why on earth was she always making a fool of herself whenever he was around?

 

                “Ven, hey…. Calling earth to Ven,” Jiajene said jokingly as if to draw her attention.

 

                “Oh, it was nice,” Ven managed to utter.

 

                “Nice? Really that’s a first. You know Junsu, you must really be lucky. My sister seldom likes a movie especially a comedy… Oh there’s my date… We just finished having a snack when I saw you guys and decided to say hello. Well I need to go. Have fun! You guys still have a few hours. So enjoy,” Jiajene said as she tapped her sister’s shoulder with a grin on her face. “Bye Ven. Have a nice date.”

 

                “DATE?” the word was stuck in Ven’s mind. She had never gone on a date before. Was this a date? Can this be considered a date? She kept on asking herself.

 

                And just when she thought everything was turning quite bad, something had to happen that would make things worse.

 

                “Venus… Junsu? You guys are on a date?”

 

A group of girls from their class were now standing in front of them with shock and disbelief on their faces.