Chapter 7: Jalousie

Pluie Mauve ~Purple Rain~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pluie Mauve

Purple Rain

 

CHAPTER 7

- Jalousie -

 

"I look at you and my heart pounds, when for years, I don't think it beats at all. You fill the cracks and crevices, take away the emptiness.

And when you're not by my side, the loss is unimaginable."

- Kelly Moran

 

 

It has been past a month since Chaeyeon left for Korea. Today is 18th of March and the cherry blossoms were just starting to bloom. Sakura looked at the mirror and applied lip gloss before checking her light make-up once more. She had no plans for this weekend, since Chaeyeon was not around... But Hyewon suddenly invited her to hang out because she was bored lazing around the large hotel bed all-day. She gladly accepted the invitation as she knew that she'd just be lonely, knowing Chaeyeon won't be by her side to celebrate her birthday tomorrow...

 

Checking her reflection over the large mirror and turning angles to check how her outfit looks all over, Sakura smiled with content before wearing a red beret to complete her attire. She then received a text message from Hyewon, saying that she's already on her way to the station. She hurriedly picked up her small bag and left.

 

It didn't take that long before she reached the station. Sakura saw Hyewon immediately. She was standing away from the crowd but she surely stood out with that beautiful face even when she wore a simple coordinate for today. She greeted Sakura with a hug and clung to her as they waited for the train.

 

"Where are we going today?" Hyewon suddenly asked.

 

"Eh?!" Sakura was surprised because she initially thought that Hyewon already had a plan in her mind when she invited her out. She tried to think of good places to visit during this time of the year but she couldn't think of any. "Do you have anywhere you want to go?"

 

"Hmm... I want to eat takoyaki." Hyewon said all of a sudden.

 

"Oh yes! I promised you before that I'd take you somewhere to eat takoyaki!" Sakura exclaimed as she remembered the first time she talked to Hyewon. "Okay, so we are going on a food trip today!"

 

"...and play on the arcade!" continued Hyewon.

 

Sakura's eyes widened as soon as she heard the word 'arcade'. Her competitive spirit (when it comes to games) is suddenly awakened. She didn't expect her to say that but it got her excited easily. Confidently smiling at Hyewon, she said, "Yes! I'm going to crush you!"

 

"Whoever loses the games would pay for the dessert later."

 

It was at that moment when Hyewon declared a war between them.

 

 

"Here's your lime ade, ma'am. And an iced americano for you, ma'am." the waitress said as she placed their orders safely on the table.

 

"Thank you!" Both of them said in unison. They looked at each other immediately and bursted into laughter as soon as the waitress left.

 

"It's been a long while since we went out like this, unnie." Minju said as she took a sip from her drink.

 

"Yes! I'm sorry I had to postpone our previous plans. Something always comes up whenever we are planning to go out for lunch! Haha."

 

"Oh no, I know you are an extremely busy person!", remarked Minju. "Heh- Next time, I should probably ask your secretary for an appointment beforehand."

 

Chaeyeon laughed at Minju's hilarious antics.

 

"Anyway, don't you have work today?" asked Minju.

 

"I did my work in advance and took the day off today. I was a bit busy earlier today and also the past nights as I was trying to organize a surprise gift for Sakuchan."

 

"Oooh. So how did it go?" Minju said as she shrugged off the sudden pang on her chest.

 

"I'm trying not to call her until everything's set. Ryeong's organizing things over there." Chaeyeon said before taking a sip of her coffee. "I hope she likes it."

 

"Of course she will, unnie! I'm sure of it!", said Minju, trying to reassure the older. "I know you already miss her a lot!"

 

Chaeyeon nodded with a sad expression. "I wanted to fly by her side right now and be the first one to greet her tomorrow."

 

Minju almost spilled her drink at her statement.

 

"Too cheesy, eh?" Chaeyeon said as she smiled awkwardly.

 

Minju nodded in response and smiled back.

 

"Anyway, Minju! Tell me some stories about you. Are you dating someone right now???"

 

"If this counts as a date, then yes." Minju answered as she chuckled at the sudden question.

 

"Ah, seriously?!"

 

"I mean; no. I am not dating anyone as of the moment."

 

"But, you do have someone you like, right?"

 

Minju panicked at the question. How could she possibly answer that question truthfully! She was flustered but tried to act cooly about it. "I do."

 

"Hm, let me guess? Is this the friend you are talking about the other day?" Chaeyeon said, trying to , not knowing that Minju was pertaining to her.

 

"Friend?" Minju paused for a moment to figure out who that might be. "Oh, you mean... Chaewon? No. We're just friends!"

 

She laughed upon realizing that it must be her friend, Kim Chaewon, who Chaeyeon pertains to.

 

"Oh, I see... I thought it was her since you often spend time with her."

 

"I can't tell you who it is, unnie. I am keeping it a secret for now."

 

 

"YAAAAY!"

 

Sakura and Hyewon both screamed in unison as they managed to catch another stuffed animal on the crane machine.

 

"You're so good at this, Hyewon!"

 

The girl blushed at the sudden compliment and handed Sakura the stuffed animal. It was a fluffy, orange-colored cat. "This one's for you."

 

"Eh? But you're the one who got this!"

 

"What am I going to do with two stuffed toys?" She said as she pointed at the same stuffed toy she was holding.

 

"Thank you!" Sakura said shyly and looked around in an attempt to divert her attention to something else.

 

"How about we try that one?" She said as she pointed at a shooting game machine.

 

"Oooh! Let's do it!" Hyewon said enthusiastically and grabbed Sakura's hand as she walked into the said machine. The latter was a bit flustered at the sudden action but she didn't have time to react as Hyewon excitedly handed her the toy gun.

 

After a few minutes of playing that game, they tried the other games available on the arcade. They were totally having a good time and it has been quite a long time since Sakura went into the arcade and played with a friend. Whenever she and Chaeyeon goes to the arcade, it was always her who plays everything and the other just watches. Well, except for Chaeyeon's great obsession with crane machines. Probably driven by her determination to get a stuffed animal for her girlfriend. It was just that Chaeyeon was either really unlucky or she was just so bad at it. She never once gotten a price from a crane machine.

 

Sakura chuckled suddenly at the thought of her girlfriend. Hyewon gave her a confused look and smiled at her.

 

"Want to grab something to eat?"

 

The two of them walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter