Chapter 3: Caché

Pluie Mauve ~Purple Rain~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pluie Mauve
Purple Rain


CHAPTER 3

 - Caché - 

 

 

"It's painful, loving someone from afar. Watching them -- from the outside.

The once familiar elements of their life reduced to nothing more than occassional mentions in conversations and faces changing in photographs...

They exist to you now as nothing more than living proof that something can still hurt you... with no contact at all."

- Ranata Suzuki          

 

 

Kim Minju sat at the sofa and roamed her eyes around the room -- checking if everything's okay. She let out a sigh and composed herself. There were decorations around the room which her mother insisted to post around. The food is ready and it's about time that her guests must arrive.

 

She was nervous -- it wasn't the first time she threw a birthday party. It was just that she always feels like this. The girl tried to calm herself down but she just can't... and it was also because she was waiting for someone special to arrive today.

 

The doorbell rang and it startled her. She quickly stood up and opened the door...

 

"Happy Birthday, Minju!!!" That familiar bright voice eased her thumping heart. The guest gave her a hug before entering the room and she settled down at the seat beside her.

 

Her first guest was her junior from school, Ahn Yujin. Although she is older than Yujin, they get along so well. Maybe because Yujin's personality was so bright and cheerful that she always feels at ease when she's with her.

 

They started chatting until the doorbell rang for the second time. She once again walked over to the door and opened it. That revealed two more guests, which are Kim Chaewon together with Kwon Eunbi.

 

Minju hugged them both before settling at the seats opposite them. After exchanging greetings and introducing themselves to Yujin, Eunbi held out her gift to Minju.

 

"Minju!" Eunbi said, but she was somehow blushing as she handed out a large box in front of the birthday girl. "I--I'm not sure if you like it, but I made something for your birthday..."

 

"Eeh? Unnie!" She gladly accepted the bulky present and asked, "Can I open it now?"

 

The older girl nodded shyly and Minju soon opened the box which revealed a strawberry cake which Eunbi made for Minju's birthday. The latter was surprised and overjoyed...

 

"This is so beautiful! Thank you, Eunbi Unnie!" Minju said as she smiled at Eunbi.

 

"I don't know if it will taste as good as it looks... I haven't done any baking since a long time ago. So, forgive me if it tastes bad or anything..." explained Eunbi.

 

"No, no, no. I'm really happy because of this!" Minju said. They continued the chatter. She also introduced Yujin to them.

 

She didn't invite too many people because she doesn't have too much close friends because of her shy personality. She wasn't that good in social communication thus even when she wanted to try make friends with new acquaintances, her lack of self-esteem always gets in the way. But she was gradually trying to improve it. She even joined an environment advocate circle recently to try and socialize. This is because of her special person...

 

Minju met her many years ago, when she was just a little girl. That person was older than her by a few years. It was that fated moment when her family moved into this city. Her parents purchased a house in this area because her father has been assigned to work here. After the long hours of travel, Minju's mother wanted her daughter to take full rest but the house wasn't prepared yet. Their furniture and other household stuff are yet to be delivered. Since it was already this late at night, they decided to check-in at a hotel.

 

The night passed quickly and the next morning her mother woke her up with a smile, telling her that they'll be moving to their new home tomorrow once the preparations have been completed. Minju was not really happy about leaving her hometown where she left her childhood friends...

 

But then everything changed that afternoon, her mother decided to bring her to a nearby park so that she could play around and enjoy the afternoon breeze. It was spring time when the wind was not too cold and the sun rays were not too warm. There was a sole girl there, sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter