Chapter 6: Couleurs

Pluie Mauve ~Purple Rain~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pluie Mauve
Purple Rain


CHAPTER 6

 - Couleurs - 

 

 

"Love was a feeling completely bound up with colour, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other."

- Paul Coelho                       

 


Everything felt magical. It was as if unicorns were flying beyond the cotton candy clouds, her strawberry heart was thumping along the sound of percussion coming from around ten marching hares which are playing drums. It was as if in a dream, that vivid feeling was truly unforgettable. Eunbi smiled as she looked inside the box she hid for years. Yesterday, she made a promise...

 

The rain was nowhere near from stopping. Chaeyeon held the steering wheel and looked at Eunbi. "Should I drive you home? I don't think the rain will stop any time soon."

 

Eunbi was a bit hesitant as she wanted to spend more time with Sian but Chaeyeon is right, the rain was pouring endlessly. She nodded as a reply and told her the directions to her apartment. They were both quiet as Chaeyeon drove until they reached the destination. When Eunbi was about to get off the car, she invited Chaeyeon to have some tea and the other didn't refuse and walked over to her home, sharing a spare umbrella Chaeyeon had in her car.

 

It was a small yet very tidy apartment. Chaeyeon sat on the small sofa and had her eyes busy looking around.

 

"Would green tea be alright?" asked Eunbi.

 

"Green Tea is nice. Thank you." Chaeyeon's response was prompt and polite. It kind of reminds her on how Sian used to talk to her when they first met.

 

One thing that caught Chaeyeon's eyes was the photo framed by the table beside the sofa. It was Sian and Eunbi's photo with the sea and sunset as background. "This is a beautiful photo.", remarked Chaeyeon.

 

Eunbi smiled as she made tea. "That was when Sian and I went to the beach and that's also when I confessed to her.". She said with a light chuckle.

 

In a short moment, Eunbi came holding a tray with two porcelain tea cups and a pot of tea. She sat beside Chaeyeon on the small sofa and watched as the other sipped on her cup. The movements were refined and you can clearly recognize that she came from a well-raised family, kind of similar gestures with Sian.

 

"This is really well-made. It's delicious...", remarked Chaeyeon as she looked at Eunbi who was intently staring at her. "Is anything wrong?"

 

"N-nothing. The way you hold your cup... it's similar on how she does." She said as she let out a smile. "It's weird, how I could remember every small detail -- her gestures, her voice, her smiles, the things she likes and hates."

 

"Do you miss her?"

 

"So much. Too much that it hurts because I know I could never see her again." Her smile was bittersweet. She was trying to hold back the tears, that she bit her lip and took a sip of tea to compose herself even just a bit.

 

"Eunbi, promise me you wouldn't cry again." She said it in almost a whisper then looked at the other girl who was on the verge of crying. "If Sian was here, she'd be really sad if you always cry. I know how much you miss her, but what I wanted to tell you is that it's a really good thing that you remember every small detail. Sian, you know, does not cry often. But if she sees you in this state now, she'd probably be crying non-stop... just like the rain outside."

 

The other was speechless, she was just staring at her, listening intently to every word. "Sian would be happy if during the times that you remember her, you'd wear a smile instead of tears. Her memory lives in your heart. She's always with you, Eunbi."

 

"Chaeyeon, thank you..." She burst into tears. The other patted her back, consoling her. "T-This will be the last time, I promise..." Chaeyeon showed her hand and asked her to make a pinky promise...

 

Those words Chaeyeon said yesterday was really heartfelt and it moved her so much. She was looking inside the box full of memories and it feels so nostalgic.

 

The first item she held was the scarf Sian gave for her birthday. It was the very first gift she received from her. It was when she was still working with Sian as an event's organizer, in preparation with the company event in mid-October. It has been two weeks when she started working and she was starting to have small talks with Sian compared to when they first met. She was supposed to have two days off for her coming birthday but the manager of the events place moved their meeting on the 26th instead of the 24th of the month. She wanted to have it moved to a later date but it would be no good as their schedule was really tight so she had no choice but to work that day.

 

Early morning on the 26th, she was with Sian going to the events place for a meeting. The schedule that day was super hectic that they didn't notice it was already late at night when they have settled all the appointments. It was a long drive home and she didn't have the power to control herself from sleeping on the car.

 

She didn't know how long she dozed off but when she woke up, the car was already parked outside her apartment. Sian was asleep already. She then noticed a red scarf placed on her neck...

 

Sian then wok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter