Chapter 4: Piégé

Pluie Mauve ~Purple Rain~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pluie Mauve
Purple Rain


CHAPTER 4

 - Piégé - 

 

 

"Why is love intensified by absence?"

- Audrey Niffenegger                                                                         

 


"It has been three weeks since I last hung out with Minju unnie..." Yujin's thoughts were flying and she let out a sigh as she contemplated about wanting to spend some time with her crush again.

 

"Are you even listening to me?!" Wonyoung stopped her from her daydream and pouted. It always irritates her when Yujin is spacing out because she knows what the other was thinking about.

 

"I--I'm sorry..." The short-haired girl said apologetically. But her friend glared at her and pouted once again. The tension broke when the waitress went over and served them food -- specifically, desserts.

 

Wonyoung's eyes were sparkling when the plate of strawberry shortcake was presented before her. The luscious slices of strawberries were glistening as it was laying on top of the white fluff of cream. Yujin can't help but to smile while watching her bestfriend get so mesmerized by the treat.

 

"Are you just going to stare at it?" Yujin teased as she picked up the fork and started digging into the blueberry cheesecake she ordered.

 

"Don't forget I'm not even forgiving you yet!" Wonyoung pouted.

 

"Really?" Yujin reached out and took a piece of strawberry on her friend's plate. "You're not even really mad at me."

 

Yujin smiled at her. The other girl was internally screaming but she was trying her best not to stare and smile so she abruptly diverted her eyes on Yujin's plate and took a bite of blueberry. The tinge from the fruit helped her divert her attention as she exclaimed on how delicious it is. But to her surprise, Yujin was intently staring at her and her dimples were showing because of her wide smile.

 

Wonyoung didn't notice that was left open as she stared at Yujin and the latter purposely took another blueberry and stuffed it in Wonyoung's mouth. She was a bit startled at the act and her bestfriend started laughing. "Ah! Jang Wonyoung! You're so adorable! ...like a little rabbit!"

 

"I know I am! It's better than being a pup like you Ahn DaengDaeng!"

 

They were laughing at each other because of the hilarious nicknames. Wonyoung really like spending time with Yujin like this. She has always liked being teased by her. She likes her small pranks and corny jokes. She has gotten used to her clingy nature and that wasn't new to her.

 

"If only moments like these could last forever..." she thought as she watched the other chuckle.

 

Meanwhile, on the same bakery/cake shop, Chaewon was busy sorting out newly baked goods on the shelf for display. Glad, she could get some help from a friend since Eunbi was on leave at work today. She sighed after she finished putting in the last batch of croissant. Just in time, a customer entered the shop...

 

Chaewon smiled as the customer slowly walked towards the counter. She was familiar with her face as she was always buying bread from the shop. But today was different, usually she's with another girl except today.

 

She greeted her with a smile and the girl nervously stood in front of the display case as she choose her bread for today. She noticed that the girl was constantly diverting her eyes to momentarily look at her.

 

"Uhm... Do you need help?" Chaewon politely asked and the girl blushed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter