Ch.8

She Likes Me Too?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"That took longer than I thought." Jennie sighs heavily flopping on her new sofa next to Rose after completely setting up Jiyeon's room in her new two bedroom, one bath apartment that is only a few blocks from her workplace. "I'll call Jisoo and let them bring Jiyeon." Rose replies digging her phone out of her pocket. Jisoo and Lisa were on babysitting duty while the two mothers finished getting Jennie's place completely furnished.

 

It had taken them all day to finish and the mothers were burnt out. "Hey Unnie you can bring Jiyeon over we're finished." Rose tells Jisoo over the the phone, "Ok bye." 

 

"Lets order something I'm too tired to cook." Jennie whines turning the tv on. "Alright." Rose opens up a delivery app.

 

Shortly after their friends arrive with Jiyeon. Rose takes her daughter to her show her new room while Jennie gives her friends a tour of the place. "Your place is looking good unnie!" Lisa compliments. "Thank you." Jennie smiles at her younger friend.

 

"Have yall ate yet? Rosie just ordered food, you can stay and join us." 

 

"Thanks Jen." Jisoo wraps an arm around her best friend, "We would love to." While they waited for the food Jennie listened to her friends talk about their day with Jiyeon. You could tell that they enjoyed spending time with the toddler, Jennie can't thank her friends enough for always being there to help her out.

 

-

 

The following weekend, Saturday night. Jennie invited all of her friends over for dinner, she wouldn't call it a house warming party but it basically was even though she told them not to bring anything. What she didn't know was that Rose secretly texted everyone a few days prior telling them to buy a house warming gift. Nayeon and Jihyo got Jennie two small plants and some beer. Jisoo and Lisa bought her a shoe rack for the front door and soju. Rose bought her a coffee maker, rice maker, and some other small appliances she knew the brunette did not have.

 

Jennie was slightly annoyed but grateful for her friends giving her those gifts especially with Rose because she had bought her so much stuff. She knows the blonde didn't have to do anything but chose to. After they all caught up with each other before the real fun started. They played the mafia game a few times then moved onto drinking games. Before the drinking game started Jihyo decided to get up to go check up on Jennie who left during one of the mafia games to start cooking dinner.

 

"Can I help Unnie?" 

 

"Oh you're not playing anyone?" 

 

"Mm they just started drinking and I'm the driver tonight." Jihyo replies. The older woman's mouth forms an o, she points towards the vegetables, "You can cut those up for me?" Jihyo happily goes over to the counter and starts cutting them up. "How's work unnie?" Jihyo starts up a conversation. They haven't talked since their first introduction a few weeks ago they still don't know much about each other so this is the perfect opportunity to do so. "Its good but very different compared to working in L.A." Jennie replies flipping over the meat on the stove.

 

"I'm sure it is." Jihyo replies still chopping up the vegetables. "How's it being a teacher? You're a music teacher right?" Jennie continues their conversation not wanting it to die out. She knew Jihyo was a teacher remembering a ious conversation she heard about one of Jihyo's students. 

 

"Yes I'm a middle school music teacher."  

 

"Then you must have a pretty good voice." Jennie beams at her but Jihyo shrugs, "Its alright I guess." Jennie bumps her shoulder, "Don't be like that be proud of your voice." 

 

"You haven't even heard me sing." Jihyo giggles, "Ok I'm done cutting this up."

 

"Dump those into the pan." Jennie replies moving out of the way and continues their conversation, "Its true I haven't heard you sing but I'd bet my money on you." She watches Jihyo dump the vegetables into the pan. "Anything else I can help with?" The teacher asks.

 

"Nope but I would appreciate the company." Jennie shoots her a wide grin which Jihyo returns, "Sure I can do that."

 

-

 

"To Jennie and Jiyeonnie!" Nayeon cheers holding up a shot. She wanted to do a toast before they started eating. Everyone was gathered around the coffee table, Jiyeon sat in her own little seat beside Jennie. Jisoo follows suit with another toast, "To Jendukie's new home!" They all cheer and take their shots. 

 

Dinner went by like a breeze, there was constant laughter and teasing just like old times. Now they were getting ready to leave. "Sure you don't want my help? I feel bad making you clean all this up alone." Jihyo asks standing in the doorway to the kitchen as Jennie was putting leftover food away. "I promise its fine you should make sure the girls get home safely." 

 

"Alright Unnie have a goodnight."

 

"Be safe, goodnight Jihyo." She sends her a quick glance over the shoulder before placing dishes into the dishwasher. The younger woman leaves, "Lets go Unnies!" She yells getting her drunk girlfriend and friends attention. The older women whine but followsuit. "Byeee guyyyyss." Rose drunkenly says from the sofa.

 

After they all leave it was got quiet, the only sound was from Jennie finishing up cleaning in the kitchen. Once she was done she goes to check on Jiyeon in her room. She cracks the door to find her daughter sleeping peacefully. She smiles closing by the door. Back in the living room Rose was past out on the couch. The brunette grabs an extra blanket to cover the blonde with it before going to her room to change into an oversized t-shirt showing off her bare flawless legs. Lastly she goes into the bathroom to wash her face of the days makeup. As she dries her face the door bell rings.

 

She wonders who it could be? She didn't think any of her friends left anything behind because Jihyo would've surely texted or called if she was going to return to retrieve something. Its weird that someone was ringing her doorbell at this hour of the night. She walks to the front door and checks the beep hole. 

 

Bae Irene stood carrying a gift bag. Jennie's eyes widen in shock, why was Rose's girlfriend here. The doctor didn’t let her know about dropping by tonight nor did Rose say anything. Jennie and Irene have not had much conversation since Rose gave Irene her number so to find the woman outside her doorstep

Please log in to read the full chapter