Ch.7

She Likes Me Too?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Its been over a month since Jennie and Jiyeon moved into Rose's place. Both Rose and Jennie are happy with how things are going, they didn't know how this living situation was going to turn out but its ended up being easy for them to fall into a routine. Their friends fell more in love with Jiyeon always playing with her or helping out whenever they could. Jennie and her friends were also getting closer, on the other hand Jennie and Rose were still figuring each other out. They were on the road to getting closer but its different than what they share with their friends.

 

Rose was hoping her new found the courage to text Jennie about meeting her girlfriend Irene will do good for the both of them. Jennie was at work when the blonde sent her a text about having a private conversation with just the two of them after work while Jisoo picked up Jiyeon from daycare. Shortly after Rose receives a text back from Jennie agreeing to her request. The rest of the day passes by and Jennie's shift was over. The brunette waits in her usual spot for Rose's red Mercedes to pull up.

 

A few minutes later the vehicle arrives. While the blonde drives around the two mothers have small talk before moving on to the main topic. "S-So...I wanted to talk to you about some personal things." Rose's nervousness starts to kick in, "I-I really d-don't know how to even go about telling you this." She stutters. 

 

"You don't have another kid on the way do you?" Jennie teases hoping to make the blonde feel less tense. She can feel the blondes anixety oozing off of her. Rose smiles greatful for the brunettes tatic, she was feeling slightly better. "Uh no kids." She lets out a nervous chuckle.

 

"Then whatever you have to say couldn't be as difficult as that right?"

 

"Alright." The blonde breathes out, "I'm not sure if our friends have said anything to you but you know they don't really like that I'm going out with Irene."

 

"Yeah they might have mentioned something." Jennie replies not sure where this was going. Rose's heart was beating so fast she wasn't sure how Jennie was going to react. "I'm going to tell you the real reason why Irene doesn't come around...You're the first person I'm telling." She grips the steering wheel stopping at the red light seconds away from revealing her secret. "During the beginning of my relationship with Irene unnie, she already had a girlfriend then I became their girlfriend."

 

The light turns green and Rose drives off not once looking away from the road, "Did they mention anything about Nayeon unnie not liking Irene unnie?"

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Nayeon unnie was correct when she said she seen Irene unnie with another woman. I was too scared to tell them the truth so I lied and said she was just out for a friends birthday when in fact she was just out with our girlfriend Wendy and her friends. That's why Irene doesn't come around because I never wanted Wendy to be left out but she also didn't want to be open about our relationship so it was easier that way. Eventually Wendy was the one to leave us." She continues talking.

 

"Irene was heartbroken after that because they were together a long time before I came into the picture. It took a few months before we started looking for someone else. We've given it a try with a few woman but we haven't found a match." Silence fills up the car. Rose was still too nervous to look anywhere but ahead, she fears Jennie is going to hate her after this. She doesn't know that Jennie was currently trying to take in all the information she just received. Out of everything the brunette thought this was not one of them. 

 

A few mintues go by before Jennie glances at the blondes profile. She has a lot of questions, she couldn't believe Rose found someone like this here and she couldn't believe that the blonde was into it and trying to find another girlfriend. "Thoughts?" The blonde asks pulling into the parking garage to her apartment building.

 

"Why hasn't Irene come around if its just been you two for a while now? Jisoo said they've only met Irene twice." Jennie states, "You're going to continue to make your girlfriend look bad and for what?" Rose parks her car and finally looks over to Jennie in disbelief, "That's really what you're worried about? You aren't weirded out?"

 

"No I'm not weirded out. Just a little surprised is all." Jennie shrugs. Rose almost feels like crying, she's so relieved that Jennie doesn't hate her or is werided out about her relationship. "How did this relastionship even come about?" The brunette asks genuinely wanting to know. 

 

"Lets go back to your other question first." Rose starts, "Honestly it was just rotuine especially after Nayeon unnie catching Irene unnie. It was just better meeting up at Irene's cause we didn't have to hide. After Wendy left us we never talked about changing our rotuine but if I'm being completely honest I wasn't ready to tell our friends everything yet. I don't know if I'm ready to tell them now."

 

"I know it was hard for you and I appreciate you telling me." Jennie replies.

 

They sit in the car for over 20 minutes while Rose explained from the beginning meeting Irene and Wendy, how their relationship formed, some more details leading all the way up to the break up and about a few of the women after. 

 

"Are you sure you're ok with meeting Irene unnie this weekend?" Rose asks while they were walking up to her apartment. "Yeah I would love to meet your sugar mama." Jennie teases and Rose shoots her a playful glare.

 

-

 

Sunday afternoon rolls around pretty fast for the two mothers, they were waiting for Irene's arrival. Jennie was putting the final touches on her face while Rose and Jiyeon were hanging out in the living. The tv was on blasting a kids show, Jiyeon was sitting on the table eyes glued to the screen. Rose was busy scrolling through her phone.

 

It was only the three of them since Lisa went to Jisoo's dorm earlier that morning. Jennie finally graces the two with her presence joining Rose on the sofa. The blonde looks up from her phone checking her out. The brunette wore a cute blue tank top with skinny jeans. Her makeup looked great and her hair kinda of wavy.

 

"Why are you dressed up for my girlfriend more than me?" Rose teases who was wearing causal white t-shirt with black skinny jeans. Jennie flips her hair, "I can't help it I pull off something as simple as this." She replies in a flirty tone. Rose response was just has flirty, "Be careful you might catch Irene's eye." Her eyes and smirk showing mischief, "I don't think you could resist."

 

"Pfft sure." Jennie playfully replies with an eye roll even though deep inside she was very curious to see what this Irene woman looked like. If Rose would openly joke about the older woman seducing her she must be very pretty. Rose decides to take it up a notch, "I wouldn't mind it either." Jennie couldn't hide her shock, luckily the door bell rings. The blonde gives her one last mischievous smile before getting up to answer the door.

 

The brunette finds a way to recover and combs her fingers through her hair while Rose opened the door. She and Irene greet each other with a quick kiss. Jennie gets up to prepare to greet Irene knowing the woman is older.

 

"Unnie this is Jennie unnie." Rose speaks politely, "Jennie unnie this is my girlfriend Irene." Jennie's mouth slightly opens shocked by the woman's beauty wearing a simple black and white striped button up shirt and jeans. Her long black hair parted down the middle but her red lipstick is what popped out the most. Jennie greets her hoping neither spotted her moment of surprise, "Hey nice to meet you." Jennie bows slightly. Irene does the same, "Nice to meet you too." Jennie was at a loss

Please log in to read the full chapter