Ch. 1

She Likes Me Too?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Jennie was in the the back of a taxi in busy city of Seoul, with an extra addition, her three year old daughter. Her daughter that reminds her of the past and why she had to leave the country in the first place. She wouldn't change having her daughter for anything in this world. She loves her child very much.

 

Why was she back? She was given the opprounity to work with a potential business partner since she was the only Korean citizen at her job, it only made sense for her to be the one to handle it.

 

"Mama are we there yet?" Her daughter asks for the 10th time. "Almost baby." Jennie rubs her head.

 

10 minutes later they arrive at the hotel they were going to be staying at. It was already late at night when they arrived. Jennie unbuckles both of them and pays the driver then gets out first putting her bag on her shoulder followed by her daughter.

 

"Stay right here." The brunette says in a motherly tone while she got their two suitcases from the taxi driver. "Follow me Jiyeonnie." Jennie pulls the luggage with her daughter following closely behind.

 

"Hello how may I help you?" The receptionist asks. "Reservation for Kim Jennie."

 

"Can I see your ID." She gets her ID. "Thank you, one moment while I look you up." The receptionist types on the keyboard then walks away for a moment. "Your room is 315." Jennie receives the keys, "Thank you." She takes the keys and walks away not forgetting to glance back to make sure her daughter was following.

 

"Jiyeonnie press the up button." She points to the button which the little girl happily presses. A few seconds later the elevator doors open and they go inside.

 

"Mama can I press button?"

 

"Sure sweetie press the number three." Jiyeon pressed the button. "Good job." The child smiles up at her. They stop at their floor and get off, Jennie guides them to their room. She holds the key to the lock until it beeps, she opens the door letting her daughter run in first.

 

"Wow!" She hears the toddlers high pitched scream. The brunette closes the door dragging their luggage with her into the small living room. Towards the left was an open door leading to the bedroom. She rolls the luggage into the room placing them off to the side.

 

"Mama I lobe dis place!" Her daughter squeals jumping on the bed, "No jumping on the bed." Jennie warns her before going to check out entire room. When she returns she finds her daughter still jumping on the bed. "What did I tell you missy?" She shows a hard face causing Jiyeon to pout and stop jumping, "I'll find a cartoon for you to watch while I unpack."

 

She grabs the remote from the nightstand, "Yay cartoons!" Jiyeon instantly smiles sitting crosslegged on the bed. Jennie scrolls through the guide looking for the educational childerns channel. Luckily for her Jiyeon is semi fluent in both English and Korean already.

 

After unpacking Jennie gets out pajamas for them. "Time to put your pjs on. Do you want me to do it or you?"

 

"Me." Jiyeon points to herself, "Ok." Jennie places the child pajamas beside her. She was changing and wonders why her daughter is taking off all her clothes until she was completely . "What are you doing?" She quirks an eyebrow, "I go potty." Jiyeon climbs off the bed.

 

"Do you need help?"

 

"No thanks you." The child runs off into the bathroom. A few minutes later she hears her daughter yell for her. The brunette gets off the bed and goes into the bathroom to find the toddler reaching for the sink handles but she can't reach them. Jennie chuckles picking her and turns the water on then grabs a soap helping Jiyeon wash her hands. Then they go back into the bedroom.

 

Jiyeon puts her underwear back on while Jennie pulls back the blankets on the bed getting it ready for them to sleep. The toddler finally got her pjs on and crawls over to the empty side of the bed. Jennie rolls over turning the lamp off by the bed.

 

-

 

"Mama wake up~" The young mother is woken up to little hands touching her face. "Mama wake up~" The child calls for her again but this time in English. "I'm awake." Jennie groans.

 

"Your eyes no open." Jiyeon pokes her cheek. The brunette opens one eye to peek at her, the child giggles causing Jennie to grin. Her daughters laughter always makes her happy. She stretches and sits up, then looks at the clock on the nightstand beside the bed, 8:05am.

 

"I hungie mama."

 

"You're hungry?" Jennie repeats in English and the toddler nods her head. "First we need to brush our teeth and shower ok." Jennie explains and Jiyeon holds up an ok sign with her small hand. The brunette get up and gets the toiletries, she gets Jiyeon's little toothbrush and puts some kids toothpaste on it before handing it to her then she gets her own heading to the bathroom.

 

When she's finishes she puts her toothbrush back in it's holder and places it with the toothpaste on the sink. She enters the bedroom to get their shampoos and soaps for the shower.

 

"Mama I done." Jiyeon grins holding out her toothbrush. "Good job sweetie go put your toothbrush in the bathroom next to mine." Jiyeon gets out of bed and runs into the bathroom. Jennie gets their things and returns to the bathroom, she places the everything on the edge of the tub. Then she turns the shower on fidgeting to get the temperature just right.

 

-

 

"Where do you want to go have breakfast?" Jennie asks as they walk to the elevator, "McDonalds!" The toddler yells. The brunette checks her phone to locate the closest fast food restaurant. "There's one not far at all we can walk to it."

 

"Yay!" Jiyeon throws her little fists into the air. The walk doesn't take long. When they get inside Jiyeon instantly points towards the playground, "Yes you can go play." Jennie agrees while standing in line to order. Shortly after she gets their food on a tray and goes looking for a place near the playground to eat. She found a two person table and sits down scanning the playground for her child, it doesn't take long for her to find the toddler up in the highest window. Jiyeon waves excitedly and Jennie waves back with as just as much excitement.

 

Her child finally goes down the slide and runs over to her. Jiyeon picks up a hash brown taking a little bite and starts doing a happy dance.

 

-

 

Later that morning Jennie and Jiyeon were standing in front of a day care center that belong to an old friend of hers. She was nervous because she didn't tell this friend goodbye before she made her sudden departure three years ago. She hopes her friend will be able to forgive her and they can talk. They go inside and a young woman greets her at the front desk, "Hello how may I help you?"

 

"Is Im Nayeon here? I need to speak with her."

 

"Yes she is she's in her office let me call her, can I have your name?"

 

"Kim Jennie."

 

"Hang on one moment." The young woman picks up the phone to dial a number. "Ms Im. a Kim Jennie is here, she says she needs to speak with you." There was a pause, "Yes ma'am." She hangs up, "You can go back to see her. Her office is the last door on the right." 

 

"Thank you." Jennie smiles, "Is it ok if I

Please log in to read the full chapter