Stare

#WenreneArtTober Challenge

29!

So low, I think it’s 42!

A munching bear personification stopped her wandering at the numbers debate between her junior members. Seulgi was just walking and eating her ultimate snack of choice when she heard this animated shouting match.

What’s this about?

The two savages whipped their heads to her with deadly glares before relaxing.

Oh, hey Seul.

We are doing our usual betting game.

Game?

Yeah, Sooyoung bets with even numbers and I bet with odd numbers.

It’s fitting cause you are odd.

I swear, you will be catching these hands

Only if you can reach me from that height, shorty

Luckily, the pineapple haired senior knew how to distract them.

What’s the numbers for?

Once more, they turn to her with annoyed expressions.

It represents the amount of time that those two will stare at each other non-stop.

The Squirtle smirking one head nod the direction of the pairing.

Oh. Those two.

The fighting duo nodded in sync that the main dancer couldn’t help but balk at the millisecond of solidarity between those devils.

The duo in question?

Just the main rapper and the main vocalist. They are acting their normal self. Normal by being disgusting mushy with one another and having shameless lovey dovey eyes. Joy loves watching it as she does being an instigator of this ship. Yeri wants to gag and/or/maybe even both die from the cringe.

And Seulgi?

She has the best job of them all…being the go-to third wheel between this so called “Parent Line” all the time. Like, ALL the time. It’s great. It’s like being right in front of a couple before they face.

Roughly.

She tried to offer her standing position to the other two. They always refuse. The Pineapple snapped out her trauma zoning out to see the Kiwi and Grape looking at her blankly.

Ah, sorry – I was having a moment.

We know. I give you props, I had to stand between them once – It was torture, I had to control my eyeroll so hard since it was recorded message.

It’s not that bad, Yerim – It’s like being in drama! Being so close to a couple in love. Their love is so palpable that it feels like you can touch it.

Easy to say for Miss “I think I can act”. One of them is your number #1 fan and the other hates your guts whenever you get too close to HER Wendy.

Not my fault that I’m amazing in every way.

Amazingly bad at everything?

The bear watched them squish and pinch each other’s cheeks in a pitiful attempt to be the dominant one. Wow, such a catfight. Then another question popped up.

Wait, it’s a betting game. What’s the bet?

The equally redden cheek duo hesitantly dropped their battle.

The person who wins is the one closest to their real-time stare down over there.

OR They instantly win if their number is perfect accurate to their staring session.

God. I almost wish they would just make out instead.

You can always suggest it to them~

Don’t even.

What does the winner get?

Food or their pick of their take out

Instantly, the pringle munching bear straighten up.

Any food or take out?

Yeah, loser can’t grumble either

Well, now Seulgi is VERY interested in partaking this game.

What’s the track record now?

Hold on.

The longest SM trainee out of RV watched the dog lover open her notepad app. And started scrolling. And scrolling. Holy crap, how long did these devils do this betting game?

Ah, Currently - 743

Woah, that many?

No, I love spouting Wendy and Irene fav numbers

What really?

Ugh, no – 743 times Yeri and I counted and did this game so far

Gross, don’t put that image of those two grandmas doing this kind of mushy gushy in private

Jealous?

Omg, you ALWAYS say that

Then another question popped up in the Zen bear’s head.

What the shortest amount of time?

Yerim rose a hand to signal her notetaking. What’s with this extensive note taking?

.35 millisecond

Woah, that was possible?

I told Yeri milliseconds doesn’t count

This moment was obviously a bitter loss to the tall chickadee.

And you said AnY AMoUnT Of TiME iS PreCIouS

When was this?

The bickering pair stilled.

October 03 2018

Ohhhh. That was a mega oof time.

The always domestic always honey eye duo weren’t talking. Wendy thought walls were super interesting to look at. Irene was super tiger mom that day. It was scary. Like Mom and Dad? Plz Stop and Make out. Seulgi quickly wanted to NOT remember that period of seeing two people saying they were fine…and clearly weren’t fine.

How about the longest time?

Oh, that was easily after “that period”

It was 294 minutes!

Whe-

Japan, start of 2019 – Wendy’s new haircut and those two were roommates

Those two needed to get a room. I mean they did. BUT the PDA in the lobby was so extra.

Sounding like an envious sore loser, dear Yerim

You made me purchase the most EXPENSIVE meat set for you when we did yakiniku

And it was DELICOUS

I BET!

105!

The Maknae line stop their arguing and stared at the excited looking bear.

I’ll take minutes or numbers ending in 0 or 5. In exchange, if I win – you both have to treat me.

Wow ballsy

Okay, adding you to the track record

By the way, how much time passed between them?

The baby aged duo checked the still gazing couple and the timer.

Holy . It’s already been 100 minutes

No way, you winning on your first try? That’s impossible

Oh, it was possible.

The parent line abruptly stopped their goo goo session at exactly 105 minutes. The seasoned betting duo stood agape in shock as the dancing bear bouncing around in victory. Being the awkward third wheel finally paid off!

Yay! Let’s go to the convenience store!

Oh cool, that’s a pretty cheap victory dinne-

You two will buy an entire shelf of pringles each for me.

Oh.

Let’s go! Let’s go!

Meanwhile, the mom and dad of red velvet were quietly watching the departing members from a distance.

Do we really stare at each other that much, babe?

Doesn’t matter, those brats had to pay for making a game on us.

Aww, I thought it was endearing!

You think anything from them is cute, dear.

Oh well, I can’t help but stare at the most beautiful woman in my world.