Sleep

#WenreneArtTober Challenge

“Finally!”

Wendy chuckled as she witnessed her leader make a running leap to the full-size bed. The group spent the entire day rehearsing their concert at the venue.

Tomorrow is the start of their Japan tour. She can’t believe the start of the year was so jam packed from them! But she wouldn’t want it any other way.

“Soooo hungry”

Maybe her roommate would disagree. They practiced, tweaked and polished their set countless times today. Wendy was having a hard time remembering the times they stop for a break. Everyone was excited and nervous for the first concert of the year.

She settled their luggage to the side and walked over to the window. Wendy could feel a pair of eyes watching so she clutched curtains, paused for dramatic effort and pushed them apart like she was opening the gates of herculean effort.

The main vocal was rewarded with her favorite dolphin laugh before she felt the Baephrodite near her side. From an untold amount, they took in the picturesque view of Fukuoka. Wendy loved that she could simply exist with Irene. No need to fill the empty silence, she was enjoying the view too.

“Remember the first time we came to Japan?”

Wendy glanced at her equal in height companion. Irene was giving that impish smirk that meant non stop teasing if she didn’t.

“Of course, we were babies! Just debuted and already participating in SM Town.”

“Yerim was so impatient to join us.”

“She couldn’t speed up time, I remember how she looked at us – so excited and ready to be with us.”

“Well, she did train longer than you so can you blame her?”

“Hey!”

But Wendy relented as she watched her goddess giggle away. How can she argue against that expression?

“That was one of the first times we were assigned as roommates too.”

The Canadian felt the Daegu native wrap her arms around her side and lean against her. She didn’t mind, Irene has difficulties expressing herself so Wendy felt elated to be a silent pillar for her. Even if it’s just for a moment.

“You remembered.”

Wendy gave a glance and realized her mistake; Irene was looking back. Molten warmth and unexplained intensity radiating out of those dark pools.

“Of course, every moment with you is worth remembering.”

“Oh my god, you are so terrible.”

The designated blue member didn’t miss the blush and the shy smile that her pink dearest was making.

“We took selfies in our night routine looks and show off the view in our room!”

“Then the managers told us to take that post off an hour after we posted it on the group’s Instagram.”

Wendy laughed at that not so funny moment at the time. They learned not to upload any sign of their whereabouts in the moment. At first, they felt like they were being too uptight. Years later, she realized it was a means to protect them.

“A shame but that would mean it’s a memory between us, right?”

“Now you are being cringey.”

“You know you love it~!”

“Tch.”

Nothing a few waggles of her eyebrows and some funny faces couldn’t fix that straight face. After some back and forth, the two got lost watching the world pass by under them. Simply enjoying the moment.

“Wen, it’s already morning.”

“Oh, already? Fresh up first then. I’ll get our stuff settled in and ready for tomorrow!”

They quickly did their night routine and tucked in for bed. Irene couldn’t help but watch her hamster slowly fall asleep. It was hard to describe for her.

Despite the human heater’s vocal talent, she would still get anxious and would become a bigger worrywart than her usual self. Irene remembered the nonstop practicing in the studio and how Wendy’s hands would tremble whenever she interlaces her hands as rookies.

That night where they were finally roommates in Japan, Irene had to push down on Wendy’s sleeping furrowed brow. The poor girl would stress in her sleep.

Now?

Not a single crease, Wendy was sleeping peacefully. As she should. Irene knew they were going to be okay. She was going to be okay. The leader felt content knowing her main vocalist felt good about their tour. 

“Keep sleeping well, my Wannie.”

She couldn’t resist giving those cheeks a poke before kissing her girlfriend’s forehead. It’s a damn shame no one else can see how lovely this view is.

As Irene felt her eyelids grow heavy, she knew she was going rave about how cute Wendy looked tonight. Just who though? Oh well, that’s for tomorrow to think about. She was happy to rest beside her loving half.