[+1] Movie date (at home)

hold my hand (i know you're scared)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh wow, the dorm’s all sparkly clean. Who’s the guest?”

“Shhh, it’s Eunbi-unnie. Saku-chan’s going to have a movie date with her later.”

Although Sakura hears the (not so) whispered conversation of Chaeyeon and Yuri, she pays it no mind and continues to set the living room up. Hitomi and Nako watch her pace around their dorm while Wonyoung secretly snaps a picture of her, probably to send it to their group chat.

Not even slightly distracted, the oldest in their dorm fluffs the pillows and lays out the blanket on the couch in one smooth movement. Satisfied, Sakura finally looks at her members and presents their living room proudly.

“Yep, I’m out of here. Remember what I told you Saku-chan.” Nako pulls Hitomi away from their embarrassing senpai while Yuri and Wonyoung each said their goodbyes to their adorable unnie.

Chaeyeon hugs her, tightly squeezing before releasing her at arm’s length. “Don’t be too nervous today. Call me if you need anything, okay?” Sakura rolls her eyes good-naturedly but she admits she’s touched on how supportive her best friend to her ever since.

“Yes, Mom. Now go, say hi to Chaemin for me.” With that, Sakura is now left alone in their doorm, nervously waiting for her date to show up.

Her date.

She can’t believe this is really happening right now, but it’s really happening right now.  Just a few more minutes and Eunbi will arrive at their dorm and they will be alone together watching a movie. On a couch, together. Alone. Like a broken record player, these thoughts whirl around her head until the doorbell rings.

Sakura stumbles on her way to open the door. Once she finally reaches in front of it, she takes a deep breath and twists the handle. What (or who) greeted her made her take another breath because Kwon Eunbi in casual comfy clothes is just another level.

Eunbi smiles shyly. “Hi.”

“You look good.” Sakura slaps a hand on , it’s not even a full minute and she already said something stupid. “Please, come in.”

“Wow, Wonyoung wasn’t kidding when she sent that picture.” She takes a seat on the couch, draping the blanket over her legs as her smile turns mischievously. “Were you preparing for my arrival, Miss Miyawaki?”

Yes, your majesty.

Sakura only smiles and turns the lights off as their TV becomes the only light sources in the dorm. She settles down on the couch with a respectable distance from Eunbi and hands her the remote.

“You’re letting me choose? Wasn’t it you who wanted to watch a horror movie?” Though confused, Eunbi starts browsing the catalogs, scrolling through hundreds of movies before pausing.

Already feeling the chills while looking at the poster, Sakura grabs the pillows she fluffed and wrings her fingers on it. “Annabelle?”

“It’s popular right now. They said the real doll escaped its case and is now on the loose.” And if Sakura wasn’t scared before, then she’s a hundred and one percent scared now. Eunbi only laughs at her before playing the movie and only the sounds from the screen surrounds them.

It’s a good movie but Sakura can’t take anymore jumpscares so she looks for something that can ease her racing heart when her eyes land on Eunbi, too focused on the movie to notice her staring. It doesn’t do anything to ease her heart, but it’s definitely a lot better than looking at a cursed doll.

The movie long forgotten, Sakura can’t help but fixate on how the light from the TV frames Eunbi’s face perfectly. She gazes at her long lashes, the perfect slope of her nose, and the plump lip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter