。 prologue ch 00.1 ↬

⦓ ₳1 ⦔ ALL AS ONE 。 FANTAGIO MUSIC'S NEW BOY GROUP 。 because no one else compares 。\ apply closed! \ story started
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                                                                                                                                   prologue 00.1
            the original 7

             

                    member 〉 kwon hyeon                                                          member SELECTION﹀    

                   
  monday. feb 7TH, 2017
fantagio BOYS DORMS





 

Kwon Hyeon is just sixteen years old when he runs away from home to join Fantagio Entertainment. It’s fittingly a stormy night when Hyeon is assigned to the boys' dorms at the company.

The weather, the tiny teen thinks, reflects his mood. Dreary and cold, a lonely, lost feeling welding up in his chest, wanting to make him break down into sobs, but he couldn’t. At least, not yet. Not while he’s awkwardly shuffling on his feet in the doorway, a stuffed neon orange duffle bag thrown over one shoulder and phone feeling too heavy in the pocket of his denim jeans, where he’s ‘forgotten’ it. Or, where he’s trying to forget it - to avoid the numerous missed calls and texts from his parents and much too old for him friends.

The tiny kid watches three other trainees rapidly clean the tiny two-room ‘apartment’ with a weary glance, trying to make room for their newest addition amongst the chaos of takeout trash and heaping piles of dirty laundry. And Hyeon feels slightly out of place. Slightly too small and yet too large, at the same time, taking up too much space in their thin doorway that is nothing like what he’s used to back at home in his lavish, Gangnam mansion, fit for the upper elite of seoul.

But the sad excuse of a studio apartment reminds him distinctly of his ex-boyfriend’s ty flat downtown, or the flats of his underground rapper friends that he frequently crashes on their stained couches.

There’s a weird aura bubbling up in his chest, discomfort looming over his shoulders like a shawl as Hyeon drips rainwater from his ty box-dyed chestnut hair onto the dingy carpet.

From the doorway, Hyeon can see six bunks all stacked up nearly on top of each other at the far corner of the studio, where there isn't actually enough space for them to be there. Although, from the stripped beds, it seems that only a few of the bunks are actually in use, leaving just three as extras. The other three beds are clearly lived in, one stacked up with a mountain of pillows, while another is carefully made up, littered at the head with plushies. Another has a growing pile of hoodies and coats piled at the foot before one of the boys tosses a draw-string bag on top of the stack to clear up floor space enough for them to walk around.

It only takes a few more minutes before the room is clear enough for Hyeon to be gestured inside by who he’s assuming is the eldest before said boy turns and leaves for the only bathroom and ‘second room’ of the studio flat. Shortly after, the soft sprinkling of the shower blends into the rainfall from outside the building.

The boys are all nice enough. Well, at least two of them are when he’d been introduced just an hour earlier back in the confines of the company dance practice room. But Hyeon can’t really say he knows them. More like knows of them than anything else. It’s hard to gauge how someone acts just by one polite introduction in front of their teachers. Although now he’ll get to really find out who these three boys are since they’re alone in their shared room.

The remaining two trainees are quick to herd Hyeon into the space and let him pick out a bed as his own, and Hyeon feels both appreciative and anxious - like an outsider spending the night for the first time at a stranger's house.

He has an aching pang in his chest, the same one he had when he wanted to leave early at a slumber party as a kid and ended up phoning his nanny to come pick him up and take him home. Hyeon is no stranger to staying over at random places or making some rather questionable for his safety decisions at such a young age, but after everything he’s experienced in the last few days, he feels worn out and afraid.

As if he could sense it, one of the boys ends up urging Hyeon deeper into the apartment, friendly smile on his face and teasing words at his lips. The same trainee helps Hyeon unpack his things and shove them in a set of clear plastic containers under the bed and in a small designated space in the overcrowded closet.

He’s bright and cheerful for someone who seemed so scary when he wasn’t smiling earlier, but now that he is, Hyeon realizes his mistake because the grin is nearly as bright as his personality and just as soothing to the nerves. The boy is rather chubby and kind of reminds him a bit of a teacup pig. He’s cute in a soft sort of way, but not conveniently attractive ‘mass-produced aesthetics’ like most idols.

He has a dif
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter