chapter 2

How To Date You

“Morning, sleepyhead.”, Seohyun was greeted by her mother’s eye-smile when she woke up to have breakfast.

Seohyun smiled. Her Umma came closer towards her, gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek.

“Ahhh Umma..”, Seohyun pushes her Umma away in shyness. Seohyun was glad to see an eye-smile as her morning greeting and she always appreciate her Umma’s affection towards her, but she was a grown-up now and it made her a little bit uncomfortable when Tiffany still treat her like a child.

“Omo! You don’t like it when Umma kiss you??”, Tiffany pouted, pretended to be hurt. Seohyun chuckled seeing her Umma.

“I am not a 5-year old, Ummaa…”, Seohyun protested, but she gave a hug to her Umma anyway.

Seeing Seohyun and Tiffany walked together hand-in hand, going towards to the dining table, Taeyeon whose was still busy on her ipad, quickly stopped her work join the duo to have breakfast.

“Morning, Seobaby. Had a good sleep?”, Taeyeon took her reading glass from her eyes and plopped herself on the chair.

“Morning, Appa. Hey, it was rare to see you in the morning. You off work today?”

“The vocal training this morning was cancelled. I will be in the office later in the afternoon.”, Taeyeon smiled. “That’s great, right? I can spend my morning with my lovely daughter.”

“And spend time with your lovely wife too!”, Tiffany added, then she went to give Taeyeon a kiss on her crown.

“Of course, of course.” Taeyeon chuckled.

Seohyun smiled seeing the view in front of her, it’s been a long time since the three of them had the time to have breakfast together. Especially Taeyeon. Her Appa was always busy as she works at the entertainment company, being a music producer as well as vocal teacher at the same time. Usually Taeyeon left so early in the morning, she hardly had breakfast at home and her Umma just packed her some easy breakfast like toast or sandwich.

“How’s the drama Seobaby? You came home pretty late last night, I guess.”, Tiffany asked, while cutting the pancake.

“But I don’t think it was your manager that sent you home. I think I saw a car dropped you here.”, Taeyeon said even before Seohyun can answer. When her Appa said something like this, Seohyun knew it means a question and her Appa want to know who she with yesterday. 

“Oh? You went out with someone?”, Tiffany added, her eyes turned sparkle.

“Uhhmm… --- “, Seohyun thinks whether she should tell her parents about Yoona.

 “Seo, it’s okay if you want to hangout with.. errr.. someone special. You just need to tell us and introduce us.”, Taeyeon Appa said, again. But of course, Seohyun knew better than that. Her Appa wanted an explanation.

“What your Appa meant was, if you make new friends, we would be happy to meet and welcomed him/her.”, Tiffany slightly slapped Taeyeon’s lap under the table. She sensed that her daughter looked uncomfortable as if she was almost being interrogated.

“I went out with Yoona yesterday.”, Seohyun finally replied. She just said it plainly to see what would be her parents’ reaction first.

“That Kwon kid?”, Taeyeon lifted up her eyebrows. Seohyun nodded.

“Oh.”, Tiffany responded nonchalantly. It was just Yoona. Tiffany thought it’s just normal Seohyun hanging out with Yoona since they already knew each other since long ago anyway.

But apparently for Taeyeon, she still have her suspicions.

“Since when you two hanging out again? I mean, I know you both are childhood friends, but I thought you were kinda.. doing your own things when you entered university?”, Taeyeon asked, she shot her stare to her only daughter.

But Seohyun just being Seohyun, still calm and replied it coolly. “We starred at a drama together, Appa, remember? We got to talk a lot and we just started hanging-out again.”

Oh, right. How can Taeyeon forgot. Her daughter and the Kwon’s kid grew up together and ended up choosing the same career as an actress. They got casted in the same drama not long ago, although it was not the main role as they both just started their career, and maybe that’s where they patch things up.

“Want to have lunch together with me, Seo?”, Tiffany asked after they all finished their breakfast. She collected all the plates to wash it.

“Sorry, Umma. But I already have a plan. I promised Yoona to have lunch with her.”

“Are you dating this girl?”, suddenly Taeyeon asked, sound annoyed.

“Tae!”, Tiffany hissed, she glared at Taeyeon.

Tiffany actually wanted to know as well. When you grew apart and suddenly hanging-out all the time again seemed… odd. But Tiffany knew she must be more careful if she wanted to dig-in more from Seohyun. Unlike Taeyeon who just bluntly ask, she would play it nicely.

Seohyun sighed. Reading her Appa expression, Seohyun opted to lie. It seemed that it was not a good idea to tell them that she and Yoona are dating. “No. We’re just friends. But what’s wrong with Yoona, anyway? You don’t like her? You guys have known her a long time.”

Taeyeon’s expression turned bored. She took her ipad and opened it. “That’s why we know she’s not good for you. She’s a Kwon and you know ersion runs in their family.”

“She is very polite and well-mannered everytime she was with me.”, Seohyun replied.

Tiffany noticed a whine from Seohyun and how she tried to defend Yoona. She moved and sat next to Seohyun, caressing her hair.

“You know we love her, Seo. Plus, her parents are our best friend. We just…”, Tiffany paused, tried to find suitable words. “I think she just too immature for you. But if you guys are only friends, of course we don’t mind.”

Seohyun just kept quiet. She knew this was her time to stop. It was better to stay silent as she sensed that her parents reaction towards Yoona was.. not all good.

“Are you guys up for dinner tomorrow?”, Taeyeon changed the subject, avoiding the talk about Yoona further.

“Sorry, honey I can’t tomorrow. I have to attend that show.”, Tiffany quickly answered with her ‘I am so sorry’ look on her face.

Taeyeon frowned. But she has to understand. Her wife is a singer, used to be popular to be exact. But of course when she was getting older, the young generation slowly took her place. But she still attending a variety show from time to time as an MC to interview the younger singer or younger group. Sometimes she would take the job at the musical as well since Tiffany still has so much passion in singing and music.

“Ok, nevermind. Maybe I could go have dinner with Seohyun then pick you up? You will accompany your old-Appa having her dinner right, young lady?”, Taeyeon turned her gaze to Seohyun.

“Sure, Appa.”, Seohyun said firmly. But she already anticipate that her dinner will turn into an interrogation tomorrow.

 

*****

“Should we be worried?”, Taeyeon asked Tiffany after Seohyun bid her goodbye to meet Yoona.

“I don’t think so. We’ve seen how that choding act, Tae. There is no way Seohyun will be attracted to her.”, Tiffany replied. She walked towards Taeyeon who now crossed her arms on the sofa at the living room.

“But this is Yoona we are talking about, and she’s a Kwon. Do you forgot about how good Yuri was with woman??”, Taeyeon questioned, a tense and worried look were drawn on her face.

“Relax, honey.”, Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon and massaged her shoulder. “Seohyun is a smart girl. Even if Yoona like her, I don’t think Seohyun will just throw herself at Yoona.”

“So you agree if Seohyun wants to date Yoona?”

Tiffany chuckled. “Have we ever agreed to anyone who tried to date Seohyun? We, especially you, have never been nice to anyone who tried to date her.”

Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh. She brought her hand to grab her wife’s hand that was still massaging her.

“You think we should give anyone a chance now?”

“Tae-tae, Seohyun is a grown woman now. I think it would be okay if we let her date or something. You know, let her live her life like other people in their twenties. But…”, Tiffany paused, her voice went lower.

Taeyeon knew immediately when she read the tone Tiffany just using. Behind that gorgeous smile that her wife presented, there was always an evil plan going around her head.

“I would make sure that they will need to work hard to get into Seohyun. I won’t make it easy.”

Taeyeon winced. Again, she knew what Tiffany meant was she would make anyone who tried to date their daughter, especially if it was Yoona, suffer. But actually, Taeyeon prefer Seohyun choose anyone other than Yoona. She could not trust that girl somehow. She will protect Seohyun no matter what. She needed to know that their daughter will get someone who’s perfect for her suitor and Yoona clearly off the list.

“Ah, Fany. I feel so much relax now. Thank you. Your hand is really magic.”, Taeyeon said, closing her eyes and felt that her shoulder was not as tense as before.

Tiffany smirked and move her hand downward, slipping it inside Taeyeon’s shirt.

“My hand can show its magic in other ways too.”, she whispered in her husky voice. Taeyeon’s body suddenly alerted, responding to her wife’s touch.

“We still have time before you go to the office, honey.”

*****

 

 “Tadaaa… welcome to my place, Hyunnie.”, Yoona grinned and jump to the sofa.

After lunch with Seohyun, Yoona brought Seohyun to her apartment that she just rented 4 months ago. It was not big, it only consist of one bedroom, a kitchen and a living room. But it was cozy, with the minimalist design and a beige and white color surrounding it.

“It’s nice, Yoong. This place really suit you.”

“Well, come on here. Sit down, Hyunnie. What are you doing there?”, Yoona tapped the space beside her on the sofa as she saw Seohyun just glued to the floor in front of the closed door.

Seohyun eyeing Yoona, suspicious whether Yoona will try to do something funny again to her. Since now they both were inside the apartment.

“Im not gonna bite, I promise.”, Yoona winked.

“Wait Un--- I mean Yoong. I want to explore more about your place.”, instead of coming towards the couch,  Seohyun walked accross the cabinet above the television was located. She examined some superhero displays there and some Yoona childhood pictures. In addition, there is a photo showing Yoona and her parents, smiling happily while on vacation in America.

“You want to see my bedroom?”, Yoona asked. Seohyun looked at her and a hesitation can be seen there.

“Come on, Hyunnie. I am not going to do something ‘funny’ there, I promise.”, Yoona gave her a smug smile.

Seohyun finally decided to trust Yoona. She believed that Yoona will treat her right and will not force her to do something that she didn’t want to do. When she went to see Yoona’s bedroom, she gasped. Yoona’s bedroom was like a crack ship. Clothes were scattered everywhere, an opened laptop and wires run in every places and her bedsheet was not folded neatly. Seohyun shook her head. Yoona really like a kid, a young boy to be exact.

“Sorry. I know it was a bit.. messy.”, Yoona grinned when Seohyun looked at her.

“I swear I really want to clean it up.”, Seohyun mumbled, which earned a laugh from Yoona.

“Do I have to pay you?”, Yoona suddenly hugged Seohyun from behind.

Seohyun jolt in surprise, but she could not lie that she likes Yoona’s embrace. “Of course. Prepare to lose your money because I will charge hourly.”, Seohyun joked.

“Let’s just sit outside. It’s too messy in here.”, Yoona kissed Seohyun shoulder and guided her to sit in the living room.

“Did your parents know you’re with me?”, Yoona asked after they settled themselves on the sofa.

“Yes, I told her that I am having lunch with you.”

“Did you tell them we’re dating?”

Seohyun shook her head. “You know them, Yoong. It’s not easy. I told them we’re just friends.”

“Why? Are you ashamed of me? You so meannn..”, Yoona pouted and pretended to be hurt.

Seeing Yoona’s expression, Seohyun quickly grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She felt guilty. “Of course not! It’s just… I don’t think they really fond to the idea of we’re dating. I will tell them, but not now.”

Yoona’s face changed and she grinned. “Don’t worry, Seo. I figured that it will not be easy to tame them. I already have a plan.”

“Oh. What’s that?”, Seohyun prayed that Yoona’s idea will not be a stupid idea. Like elope or something.

“I have asked for a back-up. I told my parents to help me, asking approval from your parents. They are best friends right?”

Seohyun widened her eyes. “You… --- you told aunt Sica and Yuri about us?”

“Of course.”, Yoona replied as she leaned on the sofa, put both of her arms behind her head. “And that’s why I asked them to talk to your parents. But first, they said they want to meet us both. If we can convince them that we are serious, then they will agree to talk to your parents.”

Oh, so Yoona is serious about me. That’s good to hear. Seohyun mentally smiled. Although she still kept her face plain.

“Okay.”, Seohyun nodded. “When do you want us to meet them?”

“As soon as possible, okay. My Umma will go abroad next week, so we better talk to them before my Umma leaves.”, Yoona grinned again.

Their conversation suddenly interrupted by an incoming message from Yoona’s phone. Seohyun could not help but to eyeing Yoona who read the text message with a wide smile on her face, excitedly replied the text message. Her heart skipped a beat, there was a bit jealousy in her, scared that Yoona actually two-timing her. Seohyun knew that Yoona was really popular in her campus, moreover now she became an actress and CF model.   

“Uh… Yoong, may I know who was that?”, Seohyun asked Yoona carefully. She knew maybe it was not her place yet to pry like that, but she was dying to know.

Yoona turned her face to see Seohyun, she smiled mischievously. “My friend. Why? You jealous?”

Seohyun blushed. She didn’t expect that Yoona can read her mind. “W—whaat? N—No. Of course not.”

“You’re not jealous if I date someone else?”, Yoona teased again.

Seohyun glared. But before Yoona can answer, an incoming call appeared on Yoona’s phone. This time, Seohyun can see that a boy picture showed up on the screen. Yoona’s looked at her screen phone with bored expression and just rejected the call.

“Sorry. It was my ex-boyfriend. Not important.”, Yoona said quickly to Seohyun.

Oh great. Two times in a row and it happened when I am with Seohyun. Stop calling or text me people! Not now!! Yoona cursed in her head.

Seohyun squinted her eyes and she crossed her arms on her chest. “How many exes do you have?”, she asked Yoona, there was a demanding tone in her voice.

“Not much.”, Yoona replied nonchalantly.

“But how much? Just give me a ballpark.”

“Errr… less than 5.”, Yoona finally answered. Seohyun actually didn’t believe it easily, but she thought that she will drop the questions for now. They were just start dating anyway, maybe it will too much if she push Yoona that way.

Seohyun let out long sighed. “Okay. Anyway, do you have any plan this weekend? You want to go out?”, Seohyun asked as she closed the ex-lovers subject.

“Err…”, Yoona scratch the back of her head, looking guilty. “I can’t this weekend. I have an appointment already. But I can see you on weekdays.”

Seohyun frowned. Does Yoona have a date with other people on the upcoming weekend? But Yoona just kept smiling and ruffled Seohyun hair.

“Don’t sulk. I promise when I see you, we will have a best date.”

 After Seohyun left Yoona’s apartment, Yoona quickly find her phone to call someone.

Ah… sorry just call you now. Yes, babe. See you this weekend.’