Chapter One

How To Date You

Annyeonghaseo.”, the waiter bowed politely as Jessica and Yoona entered the restaurant.

Jessica smiled while Yoona grinned to the waiter who were really familiar to her. “Hi, Myung Ho!! Did you just cut your hair? Nice!!”

The waiter smiled back to both of them. “This way, Mrs. Kwon.”, he lead the two woman to their seat which located at the further back of the restaurant. Once his guests have been securely seated, he bowed again. “I’ll let her know that you both are here.”

Jessica said thank you and her eyes wandering around looking for a certain black pearl. She almost put a smile on her face when she found her wife….. standing there at cashier with a girl waiter who were touching her s?? Well, not really touching her s.. but.. clearly that girl’s hand was too close to Yuri’s s when she tried to clean something on Yuri’s shirt.

Jessica scoffed, looking annoyed. Yoona’s eyes followed her Umma’s gaze and she chuckled when she saw why Jessica glued her eyes with a deadly glare to the view.

“Please don’t ask Appa to fire her, Umma.”, Yoona said, awakening Jessica from her anger state.

“W—what?”

“Sicababy!! Yoong!!”, before Yonna can explain, Yuri has come towards them, extended her arms and gave a hug to Yoona. When she was about to hug Jessica, instead of welcoming the embrace, Jessica smacked Yuri’s head.

“Ouch!! Sicababy?? Wae ----“, Yuri gulped.

Uh oh? What happen? Why is she in hellsica mode?? What did I do wrong?

Jessica just kept quiet and sat down. Yuri pouted but had nothing to do but to follow her wife.

“I am really glad you came, my love.”, Yuri said lovingly to Jessica, but the latter just ignore her. Yuri felt helpless, she was sure that she did nothing wrong so what could possibly made her wife mad just after she came here.

“Yoong, what’s going on with your Umma?”, Yuri finally asked her daughter, after she gave up because she found herself not guilty at all.

Yoona giggled. She found it funny that after years being married to Appa, her Umma still have so much jealousy in her everytime there were girls that come closer to her Appa.

“Ask her yourself, Appa.”, Yoona teased.

“Yah!! Help your Appa please. I am talking to a wall now.”, Yuri pleaded.

Another smack landed on Yuri’s arms. “Ouch.. ouch.., Sicababy why are you hitting me?”, Yuri winced and made a shield using her arms.

“Who’s that waiter and how dare her touching your chest????”, finally Jessica spoke.

“Huh?”, Yuri looked at her wife with a confused face, but she finally got it when Yoona signaling her which waiter that Jessica talking about.

“Aaahh… Come on, baby. There were crumbs on my shirt and she was just cleaning it.,”, Yuri beamed a smile. “I promise I wont let her touch me again.”

Jessica eyeing Yuri. “You better!”, she said with her icy tone. “Or else…umphh ---“

Yuri cut Jessica’s words by kissing her on the lips. Yoona winced, looking disgusted at the view in front of her. Being in the Kwon family, she was happy she has a loving parents but she could not help to feel disgusted sometimes at her parents’ too much PDA.

“Eeww…. Helloooo… earth to Appa and Umma. Yah! I am still here!!”, Yoona waved her hands to her parents, begging them to stop the kissing.

“Kekekekeke… Sorry, kid. But you know how much I love and treasured your Umma.”, Yuri chuckled happily and caressed Jessica’s hair.

“Seobang! Stop it!.”, Jessica blushed and elbowed her wife out of embarrassment. Yoona just rolled her eyes.

“You’ll know how it feels when you meet the one.”, Yuri held her daughter’s hand. Yoona smiled as well. Her mind wandering to one person that has been reaaaalllyy close to her lately. The only person who can really made her heart beat faster, someone really different to any boys or any girls that she have been dated before.

Her Seohyun. Even thinking about her can already made Yoona smile from ear to ear.

The waiter came and served them the food and Yuri happily announced that this was a new dish that served on the restaurant, specifically using Yuri’s special recipe. Being the shiksin in the family, Yoona’s eyes widened and started watery. She knew how good her Appa when she prepared a meal, compared to dreadful dish that her Umma would make.

Yuri had always interested in cooking so that after retired of being an actress, she finally followed her dream to open few restaurants and small bar in Seoul. She used her own recipe for all the menus served at her restaurants and she took this thing seriously when she taught all the chef diligently to create the food exactly like how she wanted.    

“Ah, Seobang, I forgot to tell you I have to go to Hongkong next week.”, Jessica said to Yuri while munching her food.

“Again??”, Yuri pouted, she put the fork down on the table to stare at her wife. “But you just got back from Milan yesterday, baby. You’re leaving me again??”, Yuri whined.

Jessica caressed Yuri’s cheek smoothly. “This one will not be long. Only 3 days, Yul.”

“Then I better chain you to the bed before you go again.”, Yuri wiggled her eyebrows, a ert grin plastered on her face. She was about to lean over and kiss Jessica but Yoona cut her.

“Eeww.., gross! Appa please!!! You don’t want me to vomit the food that you proudly created, right?!”, Yoona gave her parents another grimaced in disgust.

As much as Yoona hates her parents’ PDA, she did understand her Appa’s feeling and why her Appa is so whiny sometimes.  As the owner of a fashion line, her Umma often travels around the world to meet with the designers, models, or even investors. She knew her Appa must be lonely at home as Yoona has also moved out from their house and rent her own apartment. When Umma is home, surely Appa would not miss the opportunity to spend time with her, and that of course, including the adult thing that Yoona does not want to know at all.

“Okaayy… okaaayy…”, Yuri gave up hearing a protest from Yoona and instead, giving Jessica a peck on her cheek.

 “Are you coming home to our house after this, Yoong?”, Yuri asked her only daughter.

“Eerr…”, Yoona scratch the back of her head.

“You still have to shoot for your CF? You should talk to your manager not take too many CF deal, Yoong. You need to focus on your study as well.”, Jessica added. She was so proud that her little Yoona growing into a beautiful woman and be able to start a career as a model and actress. But Yoona also need to focus on her study in the university and Jessica determined to limit Yoona’s job, at least until she graduated.

“No.. No.. I – Uh, I have an appointment.” Yoona said, a bit stuttered. Yuri was about to asked when suddenly Yoona’s phone beeping because there was an incoming text. When Yoona read the text message, she smiled and giggled like an idiot.

“Who’s that Yoong?”, Yuri tried to pry.

Yoona stare at her Appa and gave her mischievous grin. “Someone.”

“Ah, another someone..”, Jessica looked not so interested.

“Well ----“

“Which one is it now? You dated too many people, Yoong. I’ve lost count already.”, Yuri cut her and shook her head. It was not a secret to her parents that lots of people, either boys or girls, chased their Yoona and Yoona seemed to enjoy it and always entertained them. But usually Yuri or Jessica never met any of them, Yoona just told her parents about the dates she had and how easy she got bored after the third or fourth dates. But Yuri and Jessica didn’t want to push their daughter, they were well aware that Yoona is still young so they let her enjoy her youth.

“This one is different!”, Yoona frowned.

“Oh? How come?”, Jessica lifted her eyebrows, now seem to show her interest a little bit.

Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “Just… different.”

“Ok then tell us about this person.”, Yuri asked in excitement. Finally there was someone that Yoona really like.

“Uhm… she… --- Okay I really like her. Like reaaally like her.”, Yoona said, emphasizing that she does crazy about this person.  

Yuri and Jessica just stared at Yoona, anticipating her to continue.

“And I will need a help from you both to win her heart.”

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. “I thought I already taught you so many things to win a gi----“

“I can’t do all the ert things you told me, Appa..”, Yoona whined.

Hearing this, Jessica glared to Yuri and slapped her arms again. “Yah!!! What did you teach her?? Omg, I can’t believe my innocent child become a ert.”

“Aaww! Sica, stop hitting me.”, Yuri rubbed her arms. “Besides, that ert things works on you! Remember when -----”

“Lalalalalalalalala.. Appa stoppp!!! I don’t want to hear it!!”, Yoona covered her ears quickly, did want to hear weird story about her parents.

 Yuri sighed. “Fine. Ok, continue.”

“I really need your help. Because this girl… eheemm ---“, Yoona cleared . “It’s Seohyun.”

Yuri’s eyes widened and Jessica gasped hearing that name.

“No!”, Yuri stated immediately.

“Oh come on, Appa?? Umma?”, Yoona turned her gaze to Jessica, asking for approval.

“No, Yoona. No.”, Jessica repeated what her Seobang just said.

“Whyyyyyy….”, Yoona whined. “She’s pretty, she’s smart, you guys already know her and plus we’ve known each other for a long time.”

“She’s Taeyeon and Tiffany’s only daughter.”, Yuri reasoned.

“Exactly!”, Yoona beamed a smile. “And they are your friends. So you both can help me, asking Seohyun parents’ approval for me to date their daughter.”

Jessica shook her head again. “That is why we said no. Yoona, believe me. Those two are really weird and overprotective to their daughter. I can’t risk it, plus if you hurt her, it would be trouble for us and it can ruin our friendship.”

“Why would I hurt Seohyun?”, Yoona pretended to be hurt that her parents didn’t trust Seohyun with her. “I told you she was special, different.”

“Yah well..The chance of you hurt her instead of she hurting you is bigger than your Umma’s s.”

“Seobang!!”, Jessica knocked Yuri’s forehead with her knuckle.

“Oh my God!”, Yoona almost choked on her food. “What the ??”

“Language, Yoong!”, now Jessica shot a glare to Yoona, who immediately shut and hung her head low. Her Umma was lovely and everything, but her icy glare is no-one can compete to.

“But you guys will help me right? Please… pretty please please puuueehhleeaseee…”, Yoona started to show her annoying aegyo.

Yuri and Jessica just sighed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona waited for Seohyun in her car. Smiling like an idiot as she knew that she will meet Seohyun soon. This is the last day that Seohyun shoot for her new drama and Yoona can’t wait to ask Seohyun to go out on a date. When Yoona saw Seohyun was approaching, she immediately got out from her car and quickly opened the car door for Seohyun.

“Please have a seat, princess.”, Yoona grinned. Yoona always treat the ladies nicely and this is why many girls will fall for her. And she always.. always thankful to her Appa who taught her that.

Seohyun blushed as a respond to Yoona sweet gesture towards her. Despite being a childhood friends since their parents have been friends for a long time, Seohyun never thought that she will see Yoona in a different way like now and she likes this choding more and more from the way Yoona treated her.  Seohyun was too engrossed at Yoona until she didn’t realized that she made a fart sound when she landed her on the car seat.

Seohyun’s face turned red out of embarrassment when she heard the sound. But then she looked at Yoona who was laughing like a crazy, holding her stomach.

“Unnie!”, Seohyun shrieked. She pulled out the fart pillow and threw it to Yoona’s face, looking irritated. This is what you have to deal with the choding. One second she can be sweet, then another second she will play prank on you.

“Sorry, Seo! Just kidding.”, Yoona still laughing while she put on her seatbelt and started to drive.

Yoona took Seohyun to the park near the Han River for her date. It was still afternoon and it was quite chill so Yoona thought that a picnic, accompanied with snacks and drinks would be nice. Yoona munching her sandwich while Seoyhun’s hair who lean her head on Yoona’s lap. It was calm, soothing and beautiful. They occasionally chat, but sometimes they will fell into a comfortable silence and just admiring the view of the Han River. 

“You want the sandwich?”, Yoona asked as she tried to feed Seohyun. But Seohyun refused it, making Yoona frowned. For Seohyun, it was not because she didn’t like the offer. But more because she was not really used to a skinship, or even further, a PDA. Maybe because she grew up with parents who are not really a fan of a PDA compared to Yoona who almost puke everytime seeing her parents ert behavior.

“Why??”, asked Yoona, she still tried to shove the sandwich into Seohyun mouth. Seohyun then stood up from Yoona’s lap and took the sandwich, eating it by her own hands.

She smiled. “You don’t have to feed me, Unnie. I am not a baby and I can eat by myself.”

Yoona sighed.

This girl is really… so unromantic and hard to get closer to.

“Seohyun, I told you to drop the formalities. Why you still call me Unnie? We are dating now. It’s weird to hear someone who you date calls you Unnie.”

Seohyun blushed. She can’t help it. She knew Yoona when she was still a child, they even play together from time to time. Yoona always protected her and pampered her, defending her when other kids picking up on her. Seohyun always looked up to Yoona like a little sister would. Although things has changed now, but sometimes she still feels weird if she had to call Yoona without Unnie.

“Sorry, Yo – Yoong..”, Seohyun stuttered. “It’s just… -- it’s a habit.”

Yoona smiled, looked satisfy enough that Seohyun tried her best to drop the ‘Unnie’ word. The sun has almost set and the sky turned its colour to become reddish yellow. It was beautiful. And it was even more beautiful when the light illuminated Seohyun’s face. Yoona almost choked at the sight before her, Seohyun looked damn gorgeous.

Then an idea popped out on Yoona’s head. She thinks the time and the scene was perfect… for their first kiss. So she leaned in, ready to kiss Seohyun. She closed her eyes and….

Suddenly she felt a flick on her forehead. “Aaaww”, Yoona flinched and she pouted while finding Seohyun giggled in front of her.

“Yah!!!”

“Not now, Yoong.”

For Seohyun, first kiss with someone she date with was not something that she will give up so soon. She liked Yoona, a lot. But she thinks that she should wait a little longer. She heard about Yoona’s dating history and it was not something that Seohyun find it amusing. She will not let her guard down, at least until she was sure that Yoona is serious about her.

“You are really beautiful, Hyunnie.”, suddenly Yoona said, she caressed Seohyun cheek. Seohyun startled at Yoona’s sudden touch but she didn’t yank Yoona’s hand as she was actually enjoy it. Seohyun closed her eyes and glued her cheek into Yoona’s palm.

When she opened her eyes, she acted on impulse and gave Yoona a peck on her cheek. Yoona was stunned for a moment. She rubbed her cheek, didn’t believe what just happened. This is maybe the first time Seohyun showing PDA, kissed her in public place, even only a kiss on the cheek.

“Wh --- what’s was that for, Hyunnie?”

“Err.. “, Seohyun could not come up with anything, she was so embarrassed at her own bold action.

In a merely a second, Yoona suddenly stood up from her seat and started doing some weird dance. “Yay! Seohyun just kissed me. Yay!”, she sang an unknown random song while dancing. Making some of the people around them turned their head and looking with confuse face.

Seohyun looked at Yoona dumbfounded. Can’t believe she actually had feelings to this weird girl.