chapter 3

How To Date You

Yuri was busy cooking at the kitchen for her and Jessica’s lunch. Since Jessica will leave in another 2 days, Yuri thought it would be so much better if they spend time at their home instead of going out.  

While stirring something in the pan, a pair of arms suddenly wrapped on Yuri’s waist. Yuri smiled as she can feel that Jessica put her chin on her shoulder and kissed it.

“You hungry already?” Yuri chuckled.

“Food? Not really. I am hungry of something else.”, Jessica whispered into Yuri’s ear.

Oohh.. I know that code.. kekekeke..  

“I am cooking, Sica.”, Yuri chuckled.

“You choose cooking than me?”, Jessica said again, whining as her hand s into Yuri’s shirt and started groping her mound and gave a light squeeze.

A small moan escaped from Yuri’s lips. “Si---Sica.. I ca—cant concentrate.”

Jessica started nibble on Yuri’s neck. But just after Yuri started to enjoy it, suddenly Jessica stop and giggled.

“Yah!!!”, Yuri protested when Jessica’s hand left her body.

“On a second thought, I am hungry, Seobang. The smell from your cook is very tempting.”

Jessica moved away from Yuri and ready to go to the couch when suddenly she heard Yuri turn off the stove and grabbed her.

“Do you think you can tease me and just leave like that?”, Yuri started to kiss Jessica roughly. Her eyes was dark and full of lust.

“Ooh wow.. Rough Seobang. I like!”, Jessica smirked when they pulled out as they need air to breath. Yuri lift Jessica up and placed her on the dining table. Both of them were too engrossed in their activities and they did not realized that a car just stopped in front their house and the passengers were already reached the front door.

“Yoong… I – I am nervous..”, Seohyun stopped before Yoona can opened the door to Yulsic house. She was fidgeting her fingers.

“Why are you nervous? You’ve known them since you were a kid.”

“That’s why!! Wouldn’t be weird now I am coming as your… date?”, Seohyun blushed.

“Relax, Hyunnie. My parents are cool with it.”, Yoona Seohyun’s cheek, trying to calm her down. “Now let’s go.”, Yoona took Seohyun’s hand and opened the door.

“Appa.. Ummaa..! I am ho ----“, Yoona’s words got stuck in when she saw the unpleasant view in front of her.

Her Appa, still with her shirt and only wearing was putting on her Umma …………..who already topless.

Yoona jaw dropped. Seohyun on the other hand, looked very shock and just froze like a statue.

“OMG!!! Appa!!! Umma!!! My EYES!!!!, Yoona screamed, quickly covered her eyes and ran to the door.    

 “OMG!!” Yuri shrieked when she realized that there were someone else inside their house, and she found their child when she turned her head. She stopped whatever she was currently doing to her wife abruptly.

 “!!!”, Jessica cursed in English and immediately got down from the dining table, trying to find the clothes she had thrown somewhere in a panic.

“Seohyun!!! What are you doing there?? Let’s go.”, Yoona grabbed Seohyun’s hand who were still glued to the floor, with her eyes widened. She dragged Seohyun out from the house and walked quickly to their car.

“Yoong.. wait.. yah!! Yoong…”, Jessica hurriedly ran to chase the couple who almost got into their car. Yuri trailed behind her.

“Aaahh.. No!! Umma!! Please tell me you have your clothes on!”, Yoona still didn’t want to see her parents and she back-faced them.

“Of course I have my clothes on, do you think I am crazy running out to the street without wearing one?!?!”, Jessica replied as she smacked Yoona’s head.

Finally Yoona gave up and dare herself to face their parents. But she still cringe as she still hasn’t be able to get rid that horrible image of her parents in her head.

“Ah, Seohyun. We’re so so so sorry you have to see that…”, Yuri smiled, acting cool when she finally stood next to Jessica.

Seohyun blushed. She quickly bowed to Yoona’s parents. “A -- Annyeonghaseo. Ho—How are you aunty Jessica and aunty Yuri?”, Seohyun still a little bit stuttered.

“We’re good, Seohyun. How are you? Well, yeah sorry about that. We didn’t expect that Yoona will come. She didn’t informed us beforehand.”, Jessica replied politely.  

Yoona scoffed. “I called. But neither you nor Appa answered.”

“Sorry, we’re busy cooking, Yoong.”, Yuri quickly responded.

“Uhhh.. that’s not what I saw!”, Yoona retorted with a mock tone.

“I was really cooking!”, Yuri defended herself. “Until your Umma ---“

“Okkaaaayyyy…”, Jessica cut her wife to talk further and add another uncomfortable situation, especially with Seohyun there. “Let’s just go inside shall we? Yuri almost finish her cook.”

****

When they all already inside the house, Yuri finally finished cooking the breakfast. But just before she was about to place the dish on the dining table, Yoona cut her and said that she does not want to eat at the dining table as their parents almost 'did' it there.

“Okay. Sica, can you clean this table for us to eat?”

“No need, Appa. We just eat in the living room. That view still corrupt my mind. I don’t want to eat when I have to vomit it later.”

Yuri let out a defeated sigh. “Fine.”

They ended up eating at the living room as per Yoona requested. Inside her mind, Seohyun actually agree to this, since she also still can’t get rid the image of Yoona’s parents almost doing ‘it’ at the dining table. She knew how Yulsic couple always showing their PDA since Seohyun used to play with Yoona at Yulsic house. But to see them actually do ‘stuff’ in front of her eyes was a different level of shock.

“So..”, Jessica started. “How did you ended up, errrmm.. dating?”

“I know Seohyun liked me since we were a kid, right Seohyun?”, Yoona giggled and turned her face to see Seohyun. Seohyun blushed like mad.

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I don’t believe you. I want to know the story from Seohyun’s side.”, making Yoona pouted.

“Well, you know that we stared at the drama together, right aunty Sica. People on the drama set used to tease us and said that we looked good together. Then Yoona Unnie started a joke and say that I am her girlfriend in front of everyone. I thought it was really a joke, until she asked me to go out and said that she actually grew feeling for me.”, Seohyun explained.

Yuri suddenly laughed. “Omg, Yoong. You used the same trick like your Umma did. She used to playing around to say to people that I am her Seobang.”

Jessica blushed and kicked Yuri’s leg. “Oouucch…!”, Yuri frowned. 

“Seobaby, do you really like Yoona?”, Jessica asked. Seohyun nodded without hesitation. Yoona smirked in satisfy.

“Why?” I mean, it’s Yoona.”, Yuri further asked in disbelief.

“Hey, Appa! I am quite charming you know!”, Yoona exclaimed, which made the three others rolled their eyes at the same time.

“See? Really? This choding?”, Yuri pointed again to Yoona. Seohyun just chuckled.

 “We know your parents, Seo and we are aware how they protect you. Do you really think this thing… worth it?”, Jessica finished her meal and leaned on the sofa.

“Oh come on, Umma! I mean.. look at this. Have I ever bring someone home and introduce them to you? No, right? This is the first time. So, can you believe that I am really want to do this? I wont bother to ask for your help if I am not serious about this. ”, Yoona cut her Umma, tried to convince them quickly.

Jessica stare at them both, then thinking what Yoona said is true. Yoona never bring anyone home. She just date around, but she always said that there is no point of introducing her dates to her parents. Jessica nodded while crossing her arms.

“Alright. We will see the Kims tonight.”,

*****

That night, finally the Kwons gave their visit to Kims family. At first, the Yulsic couple didn’t say about their intention about their visit, they simply said that they missed the Taeny couple and wanted to catch up. But Taeyon and Tiffany already suspicious, since the Yulsic couple brought their daughter to join the dinner as well.

Yoona gulped and fidgeting her finger when she sat in front of Taeny couple. After the dinner, her parents just spilled out the beans and explain to Taeyeon and Tiffany that Yoona are dating their daughter and asked for their approval.  Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at Yoona like a hawk watching their prey. It was funny, Taeyeon and Tiffany had always been nice to Yoona before as they let Yoona to play with Seohyun at their house when both were still kids. But after they found out that Yoona was dating their daughter, their behaviors towards Yoona changed 180 degrees. The Taeyeon and Tiffany who were sat in front her now are a much scarier version of them. 

“No. I wont agree.”, Taeyeon said immediately with cold expression.

 “Hey!” “Taeyeon, please”, Yulsic said at the same time.

“You heard me. No.”, Taeyeon repeated.

“Tae-tae. Be nice to them.”, Tiffany whispered and caressed Taeyeon’s arm.

“She’s our kid. Of course she is a good kid. You know us. Why you don’t trust your Seobaby to our Yoona?”, Yuri asked.

“Oh come on, Yul! Do you think we don’t know about Yoona’s reputation?”, Taeyeon kept justifying her rejection. “Sorry Yoong. No offense.”

“Eerr… hehe.. not at all, aunty Taeyeon.”, Yoona grinned awkwardly. Seohyun looked at Yoona with apologetic face.  

“She just has not met the right person. She told me Seobaby is different. People changed, Tae. Look at me, I completely  faithful to my wife since we first dating. ”, Yuri reasoned, defending her daughter.

 Taeny couple looked at Yoona again. Yoona was nervous and her hand desperately looking Seohyun’s hand, immediately grabbed it when she found it. Taeyeon quickly notice it and cringe. Yuri who saw the change of Taeyeon’s expression quickly signaling to Yoona to let go of Seohyun’s hand.

“Hands off, Yoong.”, Taeyeon said, her voice soft but stern. Yoona startled and quickly retrieved her hands from Seohyun’s.

Taeyeon cleared . “Still no from me.”.

“Appaa….”, Seohyun whined.

“Why didn’t you tell us this, Seo? You said you and Yoona are just friends when we asked you before”, Tiffany asked.

“Because I know that you guys will be reacting like this. And I am right. Look at Appa now, she already said no.”, Seohyun let out a frustrated groan.

Tiffany actually feel pity to Seohyun. She felt that this is the first time that Seohyun really liked someone, until she herself were willing to ask approval from Tiffany and Taeyeon. But Tiffany, too, will not giving up her only daughter easily.

“I am not sure...”, Tiffany hummed, she crossed her arms.

“Tiff, come on!”, Jessica jumped in. “I will throw Yoona to a bus myself if she ever hurt Seohyun.”

“Umma!!” Yoona gasped. “You are so mean! I am your only child.”

Jessica just scoffed and rolled her eyes. “You know we love Seohyun like our own. But they both are adults, Tiff. Let them try. If it doesn’t work out, then so be it. “ Jessica tried to bargain.

“Still no.”, Taeyeon said again.

“Omg, Taeyeon. Why are you so stubborn??”, Yuri was getting irritated kept getting a ‘no’ from Taeyeon.

“Okay. I’ll let them try.”, Tiffany suddenly said, making Yoonhyun and Yulsic surprise, and Taeyeon widen her eyes.

“What???? Fany, wae??”

“Thank you Umma!!!”, Seohyun grinned widely, she stood up and gave her Umma a hug, felt so relieve.

“fiuuuhh…”, Yoona let out a relieve sigh. She took her drink on the table as has been dried during this conversation.

“But…”, Tiffany broke the hug from Seohyun. “I have one request. Why don’t we all have a family vacation? We bring along our daughter as well.”

Yoona who just drink her water almost choked. What? Holiday??? Oh God, she could not even imagine having holiday with Seohyun and her parents. This is too much, too soon, and it would be a nightmare.

“Whaaatttt???? No!! Fany, what even…”, before Taeyeon can finish, Tiffany just grabbed Taeyeon’s hand, as if calm her down and said ‘trust me’.

“Why? I mean, I am fine with it as long as I can have holiday with my family. But really, do you have to go that far?”, Yuri asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Well, I already give my approval for them to try. But I still want to watch them closely and see with my own eyes about how Yoong treat my Seobaby. If everything’s good, then they can date freely after that.”, Tiffany reasoned as she beamed her eye-smile.

“What the…. --- This is so ridiculous, Tiff.”, Jessica said in English. Rolling her eyes to Tiffany’s idea.

“Aunty Tiffany?”, suddenly Yoong spoke. “Don’t you think the vacation idea is… -- too much..?”, she asked Tiffany carefully.

“Yoona dear, that is my decision. Now it is up to you. Do you want to do that for Seohyun?””

Now every pair of eyes shifted to Yoona. Yoona groggily looked at them one by one. She felt more nervous and suddenly turned dry again. She took a drink and finished it in one gulp. When her eyes met Seohyun’s eyes, she could see a plea and a request there.

 WellI really like Seohyun and Seohyun indeed different to the other people I dated before. But this is...... 

“Okay.”, Yoona nodded. 

“Great!”, Tiffany beamed her eye-smile again and clapped her hands. “It would be fun! I will arrange it for you guys. Let’s drink again and relax, the atmosphere already turned black here.”

******

Later that night, Yoona went to a club with her friends and conveying her frustration at Seohyun parents. Her friends just laughed hearing that, saying that Seohyun parents were just too protective and too much.

“Right? They’re so weird. I mean, they’re nice people. They even used to take care of me when I was a child and I love them. But when it comes to Seohyun they become this over-protective super obsessive parents. Oh my God, I cant imagine having holiday with them. I am so doomed.”, Yoona shook her head and complained while drinking her alcohol.

“Do you think Seohyun is worth all of this? I mean, you guys just started dating anyway.”, one of her friend asked.

Yoona think for a while. But she could not deny when she thinks about Seohyun, she always smiled like a retard. She was really crazy about this girl.

“yah! Stop smiling like an idiot! Idiot!”, her friends scolded her.

“I really like this one. She is weird also just like her parents. But I think that’s why I like her. She’s unique in some way.”, Yoona responded.

“Excuse me. Are you Yoona?”, suddenly someone tapped Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona widened her eyes in surprise when she saw the familiar face in front of her.

“Hye-sun Unnie?!?”

“Omg! It is you, Yoona!”, the pretty girl shrieked in happiness and hug Yoona.

“How are you Unnie? Its been a long time. You look gorgeous!!”, Yoona beamed her charming smile and caressed Hye-sun arms . It is already become her habit to shamelessly flirt everytime she met pretty girl.

Hye-sun immediately blushed. This girl secretly had a crush on Yoona for a long time but she never brave herself to asked Yoona out as Yoona always surrounded by many people who adored her.

“You too. Always look pretty! You seeing anyone now?”, Hye-sun asked.

“Ah, yes. Kind of. I am dating someone.”, Yoona answered. There was a glint of disappointment in Hye-sun eyes. “But hey, you want to dance?”, Yoona asked, didn’t want to make them turned awkward.

“Uh… But, where’s your date? Will she or he be angry if you dance with someone else?”, Hye-sun turned her face to the left and right, afraid that somebody suddenly get angry.

Yoona chuckled. She dragged Hye-sun to the dance floor. “She’s not coming with me tonight. So, let’s dance.”

When they were dancing together, Yoona kept Hye-sun closed. Yoona loves to dance, that’s why being in the club and dancing always her favorite thing to do. But what Yoona didn’t know, when she wrapped her hands on Hye-sun and dancing like crazy along with the loud music, a pair of eyes kept staring at her and never left them. Examining every moves that Yoona did and shook her/his head, disapprovingly.