chapter 4

How To Date You

Author note: this chapter is all about Yoonhyun :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yoonhyun in Elementary School

“Hyunnie!!”, the 7 years old Yoona ran as fast as she can to a crying 6 years old Seohyun. She stood up in front of Seohyun and use her body as a shield to Seohyun.

“Yah!!! What did you guys do to her?”, Yoona yelled to some of the boys and girls in front of her.

“Oh look.. another spoiled brat is here.”, one of the boy said, mockingly.

“Nothing, Yoona. We just complement Seohyun’s Umma on her performance yesterday.”, another mocking tone from a boy.

“Seohyun’s mom just great, right….”, one of the girl with high pitched voice added and smirked.

Yoona looked at Seohyun and quickly held her hand. Her jaw clenched. Yoona knew they must be picking on Seohyun. It was not a secret that both of them sometimes get bullied in school since they whole school knew that Yoona and Seohyun are the daughter of celebrities. They always mock them and said Yoona and Seohyun are spoiled brat who has everything and living a luxurious life. Sometimes they will teased more on Seohyun because of Tiffany. Tiffany used to live in the US before she moved to Korea and became a singer. Hence, her American style sometimes still difficult to be accepted by Korean society. Tiffany was blunt, but Korea judge her as rude. And of course, for Tiffany, living the life as celebrity was not easy, every word that escaped from , every little thing that she did, would be judge by people. Although Tiffany was loved by Korea, but she had many anti-fans too.

“Oh Seohyun, you’re such a coward. You can’t even stand up for your-self. Or you agree about what we said about You umma?”, the girl said again.

Seohyun just kept quiet, she still crying.

“Weirdo! Geek!”, one of the boy shout. This triggered Yoona’s anger.

“Yah!! Shut your mouth!”, Yoona ran to that boy and pushed him hard until he fell down on the ground. She wanted to hit the boy but she stopped because she felt someone tugged her shirt. Seohyun looked at her and shook her head. The other boys and girls were shock seeing how strong Yoona was because the boy that she just pushed was much bigger than her. They all took a step back with frightened face. 

“Go away!! Do you want me to punch somebody here?”, Yoona shooing them and all of them immediately ran away.

After they all gone, Yoona turned her gaze to Seohyun and pat her head. “Are you okay, Hyunnie?”

Little Seohyun just nodded. She already stopped crying.

“Why don’t you let me punch him?”, Yoona frowned. She was still angry to the boy who make fun of Seohyun.

“I don’t want you to get in trouble again, Unnie.”, Seohyun pouted.

Yoona sighed. Actually before, Yoona did get in trouble because she kicked a boy on his balls once and then another time, she hit a girl’s nose. And all of that she did it because she defended Seohyun from children who were making fun of Seohyun. Yuri and Jessica had to face the School Principal couple of times because of that and the Principal thinks that Yoona had problem with her temper. 

“What did they say to you?”, Yoona asked again.

Seohyun cried again. “They --- they said Umma can’t sing well and her voice sound like a washing machine.”, Seohyun sniffed and continue. “Then they went on saying that she looks old because of failed plastic surgery.”

“Whaatt? I will kill them if I see them again.”, little Yoona balled her fist. Seohyun quietly smiled, admired Yoona who always defended her at every opportunity. Yoona is like her knight in a shining armor.

“Don’t listen to them, Hyunnie..”, Yoona cupped her face. “They're just jealous because your Umma is a a great singer, who has voice is like a gold. And she is very very beautiful. If my Appa didn’t meet my Umma, maybe my Appa will fall in love with aunty Tiffany and marry her.”, said Yoona.

This making Seohyun stopped crying and chuckled. “Unniee.. if your Appa married my Umma, then we wont be born in this world!!”

Yoona just giggled, then she took Seohyun’s bag that fell to the ground before and carry it with her.

“Let’s go home.”, Yoona smiled, she took Seohyun’s hand and interlace their finger. Swinging it happily and walking together.

*********

Yoonhyun in Middle School

“Aaahh… Hyunnie, I don’t understand about this. And I am getting bored, lets play instead.”, a 13 years old teenager Yoona closed her book and stretched her hand.

Seohyun frowned. “But… I will finish mine soon.”, Seohyun insisted.

Yoona shook her head. “Oh come on. Why we need to finish our homework now? Tomorrow is Saturday, Hyunnie. Let’s play and relax.”

Yoona forcedly closed Seohyun book and grinned mischievously. Both of them were working their homework together. And as usual, after several minutes, Yoona gave up on her homework already.

“Yoong.. Your parents are here.”, Taeyeon voice can be heard from downstairs. Yoona eyes turned bright and quickly dragged Seohyun out from the room.

Yoona were staying with the Kims family for the past 3 days. Jessica was abroad for business meetings while Yuri was out of town to work on her new drama. Since both of them were not around, they asked Taeyeon and Tiffany to take care of Yoona until they came back to Seoul.

“Ummaaa!! I miss you. ”, Yoong excitedly ran and hugged Jessica when she saw her mother.

“Hey!”, Yuri who stood up next to Jessica frowned. “Don’t you miss your Appa, too?”

Yoona grinned. “No. I am not.”

“yah!!!”

“Tcshh.. alright… miss you too, Appa.”, Yoona said, pretended not so interested. Jessica just chuckled.

Jessica kneel down and patted Yoona’s head. “How are you my Yoongie? Did aunty Taeyeon and aunty Tiffany treat you well?”

“Of course, Jess!! Btw, why don’t you guys have dinner here?”, Tiffany shouted from the kitchen.

“Hi aunty Sica, hi aunty Yuri.”, Seohyun greeted the Yulsic couple happily and hugged them both.

“Hi Seobaby!! How are you? Tell me, did Yoona being bad to you? I will spank her if she did.”, Yuri whispered, but it was quite loud so Yoona can hear her.

“hey!! I always treat Hyunnie with love and respect. I am her knight in shining armor. Right, Hyunnie?”, Yoona smiled proudly and teased Seohyun. Seohyun blushed a little bit.

Tiffany then moved towards the Yulsic couple and greeted them. She asked Jessica about her business trip and while Jessica was explaining about it, suddenly Taeyeon’s voice can be heard in panic, shouting from the kitchen.

“FANY! You almost burn the kitchen!!!”.  They all looked towards the kitchen and they all can see a smoke has already clouded the kitchen.  

Taeyeon finally had to re-cook everything. When she was busy in the kitchen, Tiffany came and hugged the shorter girl from behind.

“Tae-tae, Im sorry.”, Tiffany said with cute voice. “I kinda of forget I was cooking when I talked to Jessi and almost burn the kitchen. And now you have to cook everything.”

Taeyeon turned her body, facing Tiffany. “Hey… It’s alright, baby. Now, just relax there with the kids and that ert couple while I am cooking, okay?”, Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s cheek. Tiffany beamed her smile, she was grateful that Taeyeon always very patience with her.

They gathered at the dining table to had dinner together after Taeyeon finished her cook. Yuri who munching her food carelessly, having the food all over . Jessica saw this and she giggled.

“You’re such a kid, Kwon.”, she moved her hands and going to wipe the food on the corner of Yuri’s mouth using her thumb but Yuri avoid it and grinned.

“Why don’t you wipe it with your mouth?”

“Yah!! Disgusting stop it! And please, my daughter is here.”, Taeyeon threw a napkin to Yuri, which landed on her face.

“Yah! I have not seen her for 3 days. I miss my wife!!”, Yuri protested. Taeyeon and Tiffany just rolled their eyes.

While they were all eating, Yoona ate her food while playing game. She was busy play the game until she didn’t really pay attention to her food.

“Unnie…”, Seohyun called.

“…..”

“Yoong Unnie!”, Seohyun called again with louder voice and threw a napkin too this time. Yoona was startled.

“Huh?! Yah!!! Why did you throw this to me? Now I lost my game.”, Yoona frowned.

“Finish your food first. It is rude to play a game when we are having dinner together.”, Seohyun said sternly. Their parents laughed at the antics of Seohyun. Seohyun really grew up to become a strict person.

“But our parents are okay with me playing game!”, Yoona retorted to Seohyun. She was a bit upset since Seohyun scolded her.

Seohyun just kept quiet and crossed her arms. Yoona pouted hard as she annoyed, but she obeyed Seohyun anyway, she put down her game and continue eating.

“Wow, Seo! You’re amazing! She never listen to me but she listen to you!”, Yuri said, amazed on how Yoona really listed to Seohyun.

By the time they finished dinner, the Kwon family were ready to bid their goodbyes to the Kim family. Yuri hugged Taeyeon and said thank you for taking care of Yoona. Jessica did the same and kissed Tiffany’s cheek also. Before the Kwons leave the house, suddenly Seohyun called Yoona and told her to wait for a moment. They all confuse when Seohyun ran to her room and then came back with a chocolate in her hands.

“This is for you Yoona Unnie. I know it was late and I should give this yesterday. But better late than never, right?, she handed the chocolate to Yoona.

Yoona just looked at her dumbfounded. All the parents also looked confused, but then they all giggled at the same time. It was quite surprising as yesterday was a valentine’s day, and Seohyun chose to give chocolate to Yoona?

“Aaww… How adorable..”, Tiffany squealed. Yuri nudged her daughter who just froze there, confuse. “Hey! She give chocolate to you. Take it!”

 “The..--- the chocolate is for m..- me?”, Yoona stuttered in disbelief. “But it’s for valentine’s day right? D—does it mean you li---“

“No!”, Seohyun quickly cut Yoona before Yoona can finished her sentence. “Valentine’s day is like a day to express love to someone you love, right? And it doesn’t necessary for boyfriend or girlfriend. You’re like my own sister and you always taking care of me, Unnie. So I love you… like a sister!”, Seohyun face now changing its colour as red as tomato.

“Ok..”, Yoona took the chocolate. Then she smiled. “Thank you Hyunnie. I love you too.”

Then all the parents said “Aaaawwww…” at the same time. At that time, they thought that their daughter just being adorable as kids in their teenage years, nothing in their mind that in the future, both of the daughter will date each other.   

********

Yoonhyun at drama filming

“Unnie, here.. I bought food for you.”

Yoona who are still resting and sitting on the floor, looked up and found Seohyun there, smiling at her and handed her the rice box. She grinned widely.

“Aaww… Seohyun is so nice to you Yoona..”, one of the crew teased them.

Yoona stood up and shouted to him. “Of course. I am not wrong choosing her as my girlfriend, eh?”

“Unnie!! Dont say that.”, Seohyun slapped Yoona’s arm lightly. She was embarrassed. Yoona just let out her alligator laugh and winked at Seohyun.

“Hey, today is White Day!! How many gift you get Yoona-ssi?”, another cast asked her and grinned.

“Too many, Unnie!”, Yoona replied and teased. “But I don’t care. I only care about Seohyun.”

Seohyun face became red hearing Yoona’s answer. In Korea, Valentine’s day is the day when the girl will give chocolate to a guy that she likes, and on white day, it will be the guys turn to give chocolate or something sweet to the girl who gave something to him on valentine’s day before, or to the girl he likes.   

Actually Yoona got so many chocolate and candy from lots of guys on this White Day. Even she got it from one of the guy from the drama as well. But for once, Yoona really didn’t care about that. She was planning to share all the chocolates and candies with her friends anyway.

At first when they ended up got a role in a same drama, Seohyun trying to being nice to Yoona. She remembered how Yoona used to take care of her when they were still a kid, and Seohyun really wanted to return Yoona’s kindness for all this time. If they have shoot in the morning, Seohyun never forget to call and wake Yoona up. She knew Yoona can be careless and never really eat properly so sometimes she will bought snacks and the most important, rice box for Yoona as Yoona really loves to eat rice.

The staffs and other cast of the drama started to tease them everytime Seohyun bought food for Yoona or when they eat together. But Yoona didn’t seem to be bothered, instead, she played along and said to everybody that Seohyun is her girlfriend.

“Unnie, you have food on your nose. Here.. let me…”, Seohyun took a tissue and wiped Yoona’s nose.

When Seohyun did that, Yoona’s heart skipped a bit. Since Seohyun took a good care of Yoona, Yoona started to feel different towards Seohyun. She used to think Seohyun like a little sister that she never had, but Seohyun affection towards her make her heart flustered. Yoona dated so many people, but not once she met someone as sincere as Seohyun.

“Hyunnie, would you like to have dinner with me tonight? After we done filming?”, Yoona asked. Seohyun nodded, thinking that Yoona just casually asked her out to accompany her.

They went to a Korean restaurant after filming. Yoona always like eating at the Korean restaurant because she can eat rice and meat as much as she can.  After Yoona eat like crazy that night, and with a bottle soju as well, suddenly Yoona reached to her bag and took out something.

“I have something for you Hyunnie.”, Yoona said.

Seohyun’s eyes widened when she saw Yoona handed her a box of chocolate and some candies as well.

“What is this for, Unnie?”, Seohyun looked at Yoona with confuse face.

“Errr…. Today is white day right? I --- I still remember when you gave me chocolate for Valentine’s day before, long time ago. So now on white day, I --- well.. this is for you. Sorry it took me years to return the favor.”, Yoona chuckled awkwardly.

“Eh… thank you, Unnie.”, Seohyun lowered her head, but it was because she was so shy. She felt heat rushing to her face. She didn’t expect Yoona still remember that day when she gave Yoona chocolate on Valentine day. But she was so touched. Yoona Unnie still remember!

“I really like you, Hyunnie. And no I am not kidding or just tease you. I really like you, more than just a friend or a sister.”

Seohyun lifted up her face and met Yoona’s eyes. Surprise hearing those words that just escaped from Yoona's lips. "W--- what??"

Yoona unnie? Like me....? Is this for real? Omg, this is awkward. 

“I don’t know when this feeling started to grow. At first I thought it was just because we used to be so close. But, lately I cant stop thinking about you. I always smile when I woke up hearing your voice on the phone. Everything…. --- just about you.”, Yoona continued.

“But Unnie, I thought you have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend?”, Seohyun asked. Seohyun knew how popular Yoona at campus. Both of them got enrolled in the same university, but they chose different major so they hardly met and grew apart. Each of them had their own circle of friends and no longer hangout like they used to. But Yoona’s name as the ‘it’ girl is well known. Even Seohyun can see few boys and girls came to the drama set to visit Yoona.

Yoona smiled and shook her head. “I don’t have anyone. And you.. --- you different Hyunnie. You’re so pure and you take care of me like no one else would. You are like a rare species for me.”

Seohyun frowned. “Rare species??”, she confused by Yoona’s choice of words. Yoona chuckled.

“I mean… you’re smart, your beautiful, you’re kind.. Like the whole package!! You’re different compared to others. You’re special.”, Seohyun’s heart started to race hearing those continuous complement from Yoona. She startled when Yoona suddenly grabbed her hands on the table and squeezed it.

“So what do you say? Would you like to date me?”, Yoona asked and flashed the sweetest smile.

Seohyun gulped. To be honest she didn’t know how she feels. Yes, she always fond of Yoona and admire her since she was a little. She always felt safe with Yoona and she could not deny that Yoona was indeed her knight in shining armor. She was aware that she always blushed when Yoona saying to everybody that she is her girlfriend. And one thing she has to admit, Yoona’s smile was very very charming.

“How do I know you’re not just playing around with me?”, Seohyun retrieved her hand from Yoona’s.

“Well, maybe now you don’t know. But I will prove it to you if you give me chance to date you”, Yoona said with confidence.

Seohyun kept quiet for a while, thinking. Maybe she didn’t want to admit it but for all this time, does she actually already had feelings for Yoona? When she gave chocolate for Yoona long time ago, did she really give Yoona because her love as a sister or something else?

 Seohyun smiled finally and nodded.

“Is that a yes? Really?”, Yoona’s eyes turned bright and she grinned.

Seohyun nodded again shyly.

“YAAAYYY!!”, Yoona stood up from her chair. “SHE SAID YES!! EVERYONE SHE SAID YES.”, Yoona screamed until people on the whole restaurant looking at her weirdly.

Seohyun got panicked at Yoona’s crazy action, she quickly grabbed Yoona’s hands and forced her to sit back. “Unnie!!! Sit down!”

“Okay maam!”, Yoona grinned, made a salute and then sat back to her chair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------