chapter 6

How To Date You

Yoona woke up quite early the next morning. She went to the second floor to make coffee for herself, she really could not really sleep well because of the Taeyeon incident. On her way to the kitchen, she found Tiffany there, making a bread toast.

“Aunty Tiffany. Good morning.”, Yoona greeted.

“Oh Yoong. Good morning.”, Tiffany said cheerfully beaming her eye-smile.

The situation still awkward as hell and a silence settled between them. Yoona just made her coffee in silent and the same goes with Tiffany.

“Uh.. Aunty Tiffany?”,

“Hmm?”

“I am really sorry about last night. I really didn’t mean to punch aunty Taeyeon. I swear!”, Yoona finally said. She felt like she needed to keep saying an endless apologies to the Kim family.

Tiffany waved her hand and shook her head. “It’s okay, Yoong. I find it quite funny actually.”, she let out a little laugh. “Although my wife is still sulking because she still had bruise on her left eye.”

“Omg!!!”, Yoona shrieked. “Really I am so so sorry. I really feel bad about that.”

“Stop apologizing, Yoong. You didn’t do it on purpose. Besides, you’re like family to us so I am sure Taeyeon will get over it.”, Tiffany said, she put the toasted bread now on the dining table. Yoona sat on the dining chair, sipping her coffee while her hand reached one of the bread.

“Yoong?”, suddenly Tiffany called, she sat on the dining table as well. Yoona gulped. The tone that Tiffany presented sound serious. “What do you think about Seohyun?”

“Eh?”, Yoona didn’t understand on how to respond to that. “W—what?

“Just tell me what do you think about Seohyun.”, Tiffany repeated.

“Uhh…”, Yoona scratched her forehead unconsciously, stalling time to think. “She is ---- I don’t know how to answer that.. I mean--- you saw us since we were babies, aunty. You would know – you should know how I think about her I suppose.”

She didn’t even know how to describe her own girlfriend. – Tiffany thinks.

Tiffany fixed her eyes to Yoona. She leaned on her chair and crossed her arms. “You know you can’t playing games with her right? Like you know, for example still flirting, hugging or dancing with some random people at the club?”

Yoona gulped for the second time. How the hell aunty Tiffany knew about what she was doing when she went to the club and met Hye-sun? Must be just a coincidence. It must be.

“Yes, aunty Tiffany. She’s different and too precious for just a game.”, Yoona flashed her smile, tried to hide her worries behind it.

Tiffany just kept quiet. Staring at Yoona as if she was examining her friend’s daughter. She chuckled and suddenly she beamed her megawatt smile. “I am sure you will not do that, right? But just remember, I am watching you.”

Without saying many words, Tiffany’s stare looked really intimidated. Yoona held her breath. How can aunty Tiffany looked scary even though she was smiling?

The awkward situation between both of them got interrupted when Seohyun and Taeyeon came to the dining room. Tiffany immediately stood up from her chair and gave kisses to her wife and her daughter.

“Morning Hyunnie. Morning Aunty Taeyeon.”, Yoona said, tried to use her best happy tone.

“Hmmm…”, Taeyeon just mumbled. Yoona can see it, there was a bruise on her left eye. And clearly Taeyeon still mad at her.

“How’s your eye aunty, Taeyeon?”, Yoona asked. Taeyeon just side eye-ing her and utter a word ‘fine’.

Yoona thought it would be better just to stay silent and no need to say anything further to Taeyeon, afraid Taeyeon would just get annoyed. However, at least Yoona can feel relieved when Seohyun sat next to her.

“Morning Yoong.”, she smiled. “Had breakfast already?”

“Yes I have. Do you want anything? Coffee, juice? Let me get that for you.”, Yoona smiled back.

“I guess I prefer juice.”

“Right away, maam!”, Yoona stood up immediately, which earned a giggle from Seohyun.

5 minutes later Yuri also came to the dining room and joined them for breakfast. Yuri kept teasing Taeyeon about the bruise on her face, to which Taeyeon did not find it amusing and got annoyed. But Yuri didn’t care and just laughed.

“What’s our plan for today?”, Yuri asked while munching her breakfast.

“Let’s just go outside, sightseeing, having lunch, shopping, whatever. Yul, you need to wake Jessi up like now! Otherwise, we will get out from the apartment in the evening.”, Tiffany said.

++++++

After pushing Jessica to finish her breakfast and quickly get ready, all of them got outside and exploring New York. It was already winter in New York so New York was full of Christmas ornaments and it was so beautiful. They all went to Times Square, strolling around and busily taking pictures. Around afternoon, they chose to have lunch around Times Square as well.

Just after they finished their food, suddenly someone appear in the restaurant and Tiffany waved her hand, indicating that she knew this person.

“Aunty Tiffany!!!”, the girl shrieked in happiness. She ran to Tiffany and gave her a hug. This girl moved to the table and Tiffany grabbed a chair for her.

“Tae, Seohyun, Yoong, you remember Nicole?”, Tiffany asked the trio. “Yul, Jessi, this is Nicole. She used to be at the same elementary school with our daughter. Her mom is my friend.”

Annyeonghasseo”, Nicole politely bowed to all of them.

“Nicole? Really?? Woww… you… looked so different!!”, Yoona widened her eyes. Actually, Yoona didn’t really like her. She was one of the girl who like to tease Seohyun when they were in elementary school. Yoona didn’t have any idea that her mom was actually Tiffany’s friend.

“How are you Yoong? Oh Seohyun? You look… stunning now!”, Nicole squealed. Seohyun just smiled hearing the compliment but she blushed a little bit. Yoona, who notice this, frowned.

“It was to see you again aunty Yuri and Jessica. I used to see you guys at school when you came for Yoona. You guys still look beautiful.”, Nicole further added while she took a sit.

“Thank you, Nicole.”, Yuri and Jessica said in unison. “So, you live in New York now? You study here?”, Jessica asked.

“Yes, aunty Jessica. I am studying music here. “

“I told her to become a singer. But she didn’t want to. She said she want to become a music producer or something.”, Tiffany supplied.

“I don’t have a voice like you, aunty!”, Nicole pouted as she spoke in English.

“Non-sense. Your voice is great!! You just didn’t want to listen to me!”, Tiffany replied with English too.

With Nicole joining them, most of the conversation ended up using mix English and Korean. Sometimes when they talk fast in English, only Tiffany, Jessica and Seohyun who can cope-up with the conversation. Yuri, Taeyeon and Yoona would sometimes lost and ended up talking just the three of them.

“Seo, it’s been a long time. How about we let these parents doing their own stuff and we strolling around new York together? I really want to catch-up.”, Nicole turned her gaze to Seohyun and smiled. Her hand suddenly lightly touched Seohyun’s hand. Yoona looked at Nicole with weird face. Is this girl serious? She didn’t even friends with Seohyun when they were a little girl and now she acted like this?

“Seo, it’s okay if you guys want to go together. Jessi and I want to go shopping!!”, Tiffany said and then highfive with Jessica, making Yuri and Taeyeon groaned.

“Oh God! Yul, prepare your credit card and become poor after this.”, Taeyeon said weakly, she already imagine that their wives will swipe their credit card without mercy and they will be so tired entering shop to shop.

“I will go with you.”, Yoona chimed in. She quickly grabbed Seohyun hand on the table.

Nicole looked at Yoona and smiled. “Of course. Let’s go together!”

++++++

Yoona and Seohyun separate themselves from their parents and stuck with Nicole. Nicole suggested to play an ice skating at the Rockefeller Center, which Seohyun agreed. The line was quite long as it full of tourists, it was Christmas time and New York was always packed during the holiday season. Yoona actually didn’t really feel comfortable with the whole situation as Nicole usually talk to Seohyun in English and Yoona could not really understand the conversation. She felt left out for some reason.

“Seo.. you really grew up beautifully. It was so different when you were a little girl.”, Nicole said when they were all queuing for the ice skating rink.  

“Thank you. Well, you look so different too. In a good way of course.”, Seohyun replied politely and smiled.

“Seo, I was really sorry if I use to made fun of you when we were still a little girl. You know, I actually wanted to be friend with you. But it seems you always stuck with Yoona and.. yah well.. I guess I also kind of jealous of you since your mom was really popular.”, Nicole chuckled a little. “But really, I am sorry.”, she added.

“Yeah. You were pretty mean to her back then.”, Yoona chimed in, but with an annoyed tone.

Seohyun shot a glare to Yoona, disapproved Yoona’s blunt reply, but Yoona just ignored.

“Really, I am deeply sorry for that. I hope you can forget about it. But anyway, it must be nice that after a long time, you are still friends with Yoona. I remembered that she was always defended you and be there for you when other kids… well.. teased you.”, Nicole said, suddenly she held Seohyun’s hand.

Yoona squinted her eyes when she saw that. Why the heck this girl act like she was a long time friend of Seohyun when in reality, they were not even that close.

“It’s okay, Nicole. It was a long time ago. I ----“

“Yeah it’s nice that we’re still maintain our friendship. And more than that, we are actually dating too.”, Yoona cut Seohyun and broke Nicole’s hand that tried to held Seohyun and Yoona grabbed Seohyun’s hand and interlace their fingers.

“Oww..”, Nicole’s face looked a bit shock. “Uh… so you guys…. – dating?”

“Yeah. You have a problem with that?”, Yoona smirked. Seohyun could felt her ace flushed. Part of it embarrassed because Yoona was acting a little bit like a child.

Nicole quickly collected herself and acted calm. She smiled. “That’s… great actually. I am happy for you both. Aww, darn it! I thought I could see you here to be friends and maybe.. more…”, Nicole mumbled, she lifted her eyebrows playfully.

“Huh?”, Seohyun looked confused. But Yoona’s jaw dropped hearing what Nicole just said.

Sensing that she may be offended Yoona, Nicole quickly tap Yoona’s shoulder and laughed. “I am kidding! Gosh! Lighten up, Yoona. Why so serious? I don’t remember you being a serious kid before.”, she said cheerfully.

Yoona just let out an awkward laughed as a response. But in her mind, she knew that Nicole may not be all joking after all. The way she behaved towards Seohyun clearly showed that she, at least, attracted to Seohyun.

When they finally at the ice rink, not once Yoona let go of Seohyun’s hand and they were going around always hand in hand. Until Yoona felt that her phone was vibrating and she excused herself to Seohyun to take the call.

“Sweet pea, I am in New York now… yeah, I am having holiday with my parents…. Sorry I could not join you and your friend… aww I miss you too… i will see you when I back to Seoul, okay?! Aww.. don’t sulk, babe please… Will text you tonight, gorgeous.. byeee…”

Yoona smiled as she hung up the call. Oblivious someone has been listening to her whole conversation.

“Babe huh?”

Yoona startled and she found Nicole was behind her, smirking in satisfaction.

“I thought you’re dating Seohyun?”, Nicole raised her eyebrows.

“I am!”, Yoona quickly answered. “I was calling a friend.”

“A friend that you call babe, gorgeous, and all of those chessy nickname, not to mention I miss you??”, Nicole asked again. Yoona just kept quiet.

“I have to let Seohyun knows that she was dating a jerk.”, Nicole whispered.

“I told you that I was just calling a friend. Don’t you dare saying a thing to Seohyun.”, Yoona asked, she stared at Nicole, eyes full of rage.  

“Watch me.”

“Are you threatening me? What do you want?”, Yoona gritted her teeth.

“I want your girlfriend. What else?”, Nicole laughed and just skated away. Yoona got panicked, afraid that Nicole will say something about the phone call to Seohyun. She speed up her skating to chase Nicole, but she ended up losing control and bumped into Seohyun, making both of them fell down.

“Ouch! Yoong, what are you doing!?!”, Seohyun shrieked while rubbing her .

“Im sorry, Seo.. Im so sorry I was just –“

Before Yoona can finished her sentence, suddenly Nicole already stood next to Seohyun, she stretched her arms and pulled Seohyun standing up.

“Are you hurt, Seohyun?”, she asked sweetly to Seohyun. Yoona frowned, she didn’t like what Nicole tried to do to Seohyun.

“I am okay, Nicole. Thank you.”

“You know what Seohyun… Yoona ---“

“Don’t touch her!!!!”, Yoona suddenly yelled, which made Seohyun and Nicole jolted in surprise. Yoona stood up by herself, angry. Then she yanked Nicole’s hand from Seohyun harshly. “Let go!!”

“Yoong…Hey, don’t be rude to her. What’s going on with you?”, Seohyun asked in a confuse face.  

“I was just trying to help her, Yoona. What’s the problem?”, Nicole asked innocently, which made Yoona even more angrier.

“Seo, this girl here… She just pretending, you know she likes you and she wants to take you away from me!!, Yoona pointer her finger to Nicole. “Don’t play dumb, you sly , I know what you’re trying to do.”, Yoona grabbed Nicole by the collar with an angry eyes.

“Yoong! Enough! You’re embarrassing me!!”, Seohyun shouted to Yoona. Yoona loosen her grip on Nicole’s collar and just scoffed. “Let’s just go home!”, Seohyun demanded and walked away, her face was red  as she was holding her anger too.

Yoona took a glance to Nicole, only to find her smirking. “It’s fun to play this game with you.”, she said in a mocking tone, then she skated away too, chasing Seohyun.

++++++

“Soebang!!!! Stop flirting!!!”, Yuri’s ear perked when she heard Jessica’s scream. Jessica and Tiffany went out from one of the store and found their respective partners flirting with young girls on the street.

“What the hell is this, Kim Taeyeon???!”, Tiffany asked with an angry tone in her voice.

“N – No – we aren’t flirting. These girls are tourist as well and they asked fo – for direction.”, Yuri stuttered, seeing hellsica was awaken.

“Like hell you know about streets in New York?!?!?”, Jessica raised brows.

“We t – tried to explain to th—them in English… But we don’t know how.”, Taeyeon said, tried to help Yuri and defend themselves.

Jessica turned her gaze to the two girls who were talking to Yuri and Taeyeon before. “Where do you guys heading? We can explain to you.”

The young girls looked scared seeing how Jessica and Tiffany’s rage towards the charming ladies they were talking to before and quickly let them know where they’re going. Tiffany and Jessica quickly explained the direction to shooing them away.

“Alright.”, Tiffany said with her lower tone. “Actually, me and Jessi already decided to finish shopping. But since you guys are not being a good ‘husband’, then we will just swipe your credit card until its limit. Let’s go Jessi!”

“Huh! Serves you right! Let’s go Tiff!!”, Jessica scoffed and followed her best friend, linking arms with Tiffany to find another store.

“God, Yuri.. Help me here.”, Taeyeon whined to Yuri, her left hand is full with shopping bag and her right hand also tried to keep another shopping bags in their place which was mounting almost over her head. “I almost cant see with these shopping bags blocking my eyes.”

Yuri laughed. But actually she also struggled since her hands also full with lots of Jessica’s shopping bags. Both Yuri and Taeyeon was strolling around New York, accompany their wives who shops endlessly.

“At this time I actually felt lucky that I am not a midget.”

“Yah!!! It’s because of you dragging me to flirt with those girls. Look what happened now, we’re going broke for real!”, Taeyeon whined.

“We were not flirting. We’re just talking.”, Yuri tried to justify herself. Well, she was actually bored waiting for Jessica and Tiffany shopping and when girls approach them, a little talking won’t be hurt, right.

“Tiff, let’s go to this store. I think I saw something pretty there.”, Jessica asked Tiffany and dragged her best friend to enter one boutique.

Tiffany nodded as she also saw something pink inside the store. But suddenly her phone beeping, there was a text coming. She halted her step to read the text carefully. Then she clicked her tongue and let out a long sighed.

“Something wrong?”, Jessica asked when she felt Tiffany was not moving.

“No. Everything’s fine, Jessi. Let’s go inside, shall we?”, Tiffany beamed her eye-smile.

Yoona. The ‘something wrong’ is your Yoona, Jessi – Tiffany thought in her mind.