chapter 5

How To Date You

Tiffany finally arranged the Kim family and the Kwon family to have a holiday in New York for a week. Tiffany and Jessica are both from the US so they were so excited to have family holiday in the US, moreover Jessica also has opened her fashion store in New York so she will also use this opportunity to have a business meeting there.

“Why can’t I sit with Hyunnie?”, Yoona whined to her parents. The seat arrangement was Yoona with her parents and Seohyun with her parents as well. “15 hours flight to New York with you guys.. Omg, I could die from boringness.”

“Oh come on. You can spend time so much time with her when we arrive in New York.”, Jessica said calmly. “Besides, you think I am boring, Yoong?”

 “Yes, because all you do was always sleep!!”, Yoona replied which earned a glare from Jessica. Yoona quickly grinned and hugged Jessica. “But I still love you anyway, Umma.”

“Tae, do you think this holiday just.. too much?”, Yuri asked Taeyeon, they were walking side by side at the airport while Seohyun was walking with Tiffany.

Taeyeon stretch her head. “Yeah I don’t understand either. But, Tiffany just being Tiffany. Sometimes she can be… unpredictable.”  

“But be honest with me, you really don’t want Yoona to date your daughter? We can be a family if they get married, you know.”, Yuri elbowed Taeyeon and grinned.

Taeyeon choked on a cookies that she was currently eating. “W-what? That’s too early to think about marriage!!!”

“But its Yoona. She’s pretty, she’s a nice kid, she didn’t do drugs, she is popular, what more could you ask for?”, Yuri still didn’t want to lose the battle, promoting her only daughter.  

Taeyeon sighed. “Seobaby is like my precious little girl. I will not give her out easily. It’s good enough that I agree to this because she is your daughter. If someone else, I would have said no from the start.”

Yuri rolled her eyes. “You’re damn stubborn, midget!”

Usually Taeyeon will get irritated when people called her ‘midget’, but this time she just kept quiet so Yuri turned her head to see why Taeyeon didn’t say anything. Apparently, Taeyeon eyes fixed onto something, a stewardess who were walking in front of them.

“Hey look at that . Damn, it’s so y.”, Taeyeon whispered to Yuri without moving her gaze from the .

Before Yuri could answer, suddenly somebody smacked Taeyeon’s head from behind.

“Aaww!”

“Stop staring, Byuntaeng!! Your wife is here!!”, Tiffany said with her loud voice, making Seohyun giggled beside her. Taeyeon just pouted while rubbing her head.

When they finally entered the airplane, Jessica went to the toilet before the airplane took off. Yoona took out her phone and quickly typed something and sent it to someone. Yuri, who sat next to her, eyeing her and took a peek. She was surprised when she saw the content of Yoona message.

“Babe??? Who are you texting??”, Yuri asked suddenly. Making Yoona jolt in surprise.

She quickly closed the chatting apps and locked her phone. “Geez Appa! Can I get a little privacy here?”

“Answer my questions, Yoong. Who is that babe that you text?”, Yuri asked again, staring at Yoona and demand for an explanation.

“No-one. She is just a friend.”

Yuri scoffed. “A friend that you call babe?”

Yoona let out a defeated sighed. “A friend, really! We’re like quite close. It’s normal to call your friend, who is a girl, with ‘babe’. Come on, Appa. Umma called aunty Tiffany with babe all the time”

“That’s different. Your Umma never bothered to text Tiffany everytime she board the plane! Yoong, you told us Seohyun is special. If you still want to play around, then you better stop with Seohyun.”, Yuri said sternly.

“But she is special!”, Yoona retorted. “This girl is just a friend, really! Why don’t you trust me?”

“Fine. I will tell your Umma about this.”

“No!! Fine. Fine. I will stop texting her okay.”, Yoona said quickly. But then she mumbled. “Even though it would be weird since she is just a friend.”

Yuri was about to say something but Jessica has come back to their seat.  She immediately snuggled close to Yuri and ready to sleep.

On the Kims family seat, Tiffany kept squealing in happiness because finally she can have this family holiday. Taeyeon just rolling her eyes and put her headphones, started to pick a movie to watch.

“Umma, why do we need this vacation? I mean, you know Yoona unnie since she was a baby. You don’t need to get to know her better in any case.”, Seohyun asked.

Tiffany just smiled and caressed Seohyun hair. “Things has changed now, baby. You guys are dating. I just want to make sure that she treated you right, with respect.”

“But she always treat me right. That’s why I like her more and more everyday.”

Tiffany was happy that Seohyun finally found someone that can make her smile, make her world change into rainbows and butterflies. But Tiffany felt that Seohyun was too naïve about this thing and Seohyun still didn’t know about how hurt it could be when someone that you love is not like what you expected. Love can be cruel and break you into pieces.

“Okay. I believe that she treats you right. She got that attitude from Yuri I suppose. But, do you trust her?”, Tiffany asked.

Without doubt, Seohyun nodded. “Yes I do. She told me I am special. And I trust her. Yoona unnie would never lie to me.”

Tiffany smiled turned into a sad one. “You deserve someone who only has eyes for you, someone who will fight for you, my dear. And let’s see how far Yoona is up do that.”

******

15 hours finally passed and they arrived in New York. Tiffany has booked a four bedroom service apartment for their accommodation during their stay in New York. The place was huge, and it was located in Manhattan, the heart of New York.

“Why we have to stay in one place?”, Yuri groaned. “Is the room even soundproof?”

“Then you better lower your voice when you do…. Whatever you do with your wife!”, Taeyeon said while she put all of her luggage, along with Tiffany’s luggage as well.

“It’s going to fun!! It’s like we live together like we used to!!”, Tiffany beamed her smile and looked around the apartment.

“Wow, Tiff! This place is great! I love it!”, Jessica linked her arms with Tiifany and joined her examining the apartment. It was a two floors apartment, the living room was huge and all consist of minimalist designed with white colour. They have a balcony and the view is the New York skyscrapers. 

“Appa!! Help me! Umma luggage is so many and heavy!!”, Yoona whined, she had trouble carrying all of Jessica belongings. Yuri quickly helped her daughter and put the luggage in the living room.

They chose their respective rooms after arguing from some time. Yoona and Seohyun will have their own room, the smaller one compared to their parents room.

“Yoong, don’t even think to spend the night at Seobaby’s room.”, Taeyeon reminded Yoona when both of the daughters explored their room.

“Don’t worry, aunty Taeyeon. I won’t.”, Yoona assured her and winked.  

“Appa!!”, Seohyun protested, her face turned red imagining sleeping in one bed with Yoona.

Since it was already late at night when they all arrived in New York and as they all still tired of the long fight, they just ordered food and eat at the apartment and prepared to go to sleep after that. Each of the parents’ room has their own bathroom so it was only Yoona and Seohyun who had to share a bathroom. Yoona actually feel really sleepy and she wanted to take shower so she could go to sleep as soon as possible. But apparently Seohyun occupied the bathroom.

She walked to her parents’ room, hoping she could use their bathroom. But she stopped at the door before she knock as she heard giggle and dolphin scream inside the room. Yoona sighed, she didn’t want to know or imagine what her parents were doing right now but she figured it was better not to come to their room now. 

When she turned her body to wait for Seohyun in the living room, suddenly Seohyun walked out from the bathroom, only with the towel and hair dripping wet. Yoona gulped at the view. She saw Seohyun with towel like a thousand times before, but that was when they were still a little girl. Seeing Seohyun now, in her matured form, Yoona was so mesmerized at how y Seohyun looked.

“Sorry you have to wait for me, Yoong. The bathroom is all yours.”, Seohyun smiled. But Yoona didn’t said anything and she didn’t even moved. was opened at the sight.

“Uhhm ---- anything wrong, Yoong?”, Seohyun looked at Yoona, confuse as Yoona seemed to froze at her spot.

“Stop staring, Yoona!! And stop drooling!”, suddenly Taeyeon popped out from nowhere, making Yoona jolt in her seat.

Damn it, aunty Taeyeon. Just perfect timing to ruin the moment.

“Ah.. – no! I .. – I was not --- I was not looking. I was just.. --- happy because Seohyun has finished and I can use the bathroom now.” Yoona stuttered, finally rose up from the couch. She blushed because she got caught by Taeyeon, staring full of lust to Seohyun. She quickly gathered her belongings and went to the bathroom.

“Baby, do you mind if we have a little chat in your room? It’s been a long time since we had a talk. I miss that.”, Taeyeon said to Seohyun when Yoona already entered the bathroom.

Seohyun bit her lips. She actually thinking that she could talk with Yoona before she go to sleep. But of course she didn’t want to disappoint her Appa so she finally nodded. Taeyeon smiled to her daughter. She won’t let Yoona sneaking into her daughter’s room for tonight, she will kept Seohyun busy as long as she could.   

After Yoona finished her shower, she texted Seohyun to see whether they can have a late night talk in the living room. But Seohyun replied that her Appa was still in her room and it was like the conversation still far from end. 1 hour has passed and Yoona got tired of waiting. Seohyun has not texted her to inform that Taeyeon has left the room, so Yoona ended up fell asleep.

Around midnight, Yoona faintly woke up as she heard something noisy inside her room. She slowly sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes, trying to look around and she noticed that there was a shadow in her room. Someone was inside her room! But she was sure that this person was not Seohyun judging on the figure. And please, it would be impossible for Seohyun to suddenly barge into her room in the middle of the night like this.

OMG! There is a robber in our apartment!!

The shadow started to move towards her and without thinking twice, Yoona jumped to the shadow, throwing her fist and beat the shadow like crazy. 

“Aaaw.. Awww.. Oucchh.. What the hell!! Stop!! What the hell!!”, the shadow started to yell and tried to cover itself. But Yoona was so aggressive she pinned the person down to the floor and kept beaten this person without mercy. Although this person tried to shield itself with hands, Yoona was sure she managed to land few punches to the face.  

“Who are you?!?!”, Yoona screamed.

“What? It’s me!!! It’s me!! Stop hitting me!”

Suddenly someone else barged into the room as well and turn on the light.

“What’s going on?”, Yoona can hear her Appa voice.

“Appa, there is someone who ---- Aunty Taeyeon????”, Yoona eyes grew wider when she realized that she was sat on Taeyeon, the person who she just beaten up like crazy.

“Yah!!!!”, Taeyeon pushed Yoona away angrily. “Why are you hitting me?! Are you crazy?”

“I --- I don’t --- I don’t know if its you.. I ---“, Yoona stuttered, feeling shocked and scared. She just hit Seohyun’s Appa!!

Taeyeon ran to Yuri and pushed her, making Yuri’s body being pushed away from the door. “What the hell is wrong with your daughter?!”

“What’s going on here?”, a door opened and Tiffany’s loud voice echoing in the living room, followed by footsteps. Seohyun also got out from the room and walked beside Tiffany.

“Omg! Appa are you okay?”, Seohyun ran to Taeyeon, seeing a little blood on the corner of Taeyeon mouth. She checked Taeyeon wound carefully and wiped the blood with her pajamas.

“Your girlfriend hit me like a mad woman!”, Taeyeon screamed and pointed to Yoona.

“What??”, Seohyun looked at Yoona, making Yoona face turned pale.

“Yoong! Why did you hit her?”, Yuri scolded her daughter. “Taeyeon is bleeding!”

“N --- No.. I didn’t know it was her. She was in my room I thought a stranger was barge into our apartment!!”, Yoona tried defend herself. She really had no idea why Taeyeon was there in her room in the middle of the night.

“Alright!! Everyone stop!”, Tiffany loud speaker voice cut everyone words in the room. She turned her head to Taeyeon. “Tae-tae, did you sleepwalking?”

Everyone turned their head too to Taeyeon.  Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder but her face getting reddened. “This is a new place. It always happened when I had to sleep in new place which is not my own house.”

“I am sorry, Aunty Taeyeon. I am so so sorry. I really didn’t know ---“

“But it doesn’t mean you can just hit me like that! My God, my eyes hurt!”, Taeyeon groaned and rubbed her left eye.

Tiffany moved to Taeyeon and made her sit on the couch. Then she asked Seohyun to tend Taeyeon’s wound. “Okay. I think Yoona didn’t really mean it, Tae-tae. But Yoona, why didn’t you lock the door?”

“I was ---- I was so tired waiting for Seohyun so I fell asleep without I realized.”

“What? Did you plan to ask Seohyun to sleep in your room??”, Taeyeon barked again.

“No! Aunty Taeyeon, I just want to talk to her in the living room. I swear ---“

“Come on, Tae! Yoona is not like a ert! She just wanted to talk to Seohyun before sleep. There is nothing wrong with that.” Yuri stood next to Yoona to defend her daughter.

“How I cannot think like that? She is your daughter, Yul! Your daughter!” Taeyeon pointed her finger to Yuri.

Yuri frowned and protested. “Hey! How come suddenly this is my fault?”

“Really, aunty Taeyeon, I really didn’t mean it. I am sorry. Seohyun, I am so sorry that I hit your Appa. I really didn’t know.”, Yoona begged. She felt so guilty and she really wanted to slap herself. This in their first night having a holiday together and it already become a disaster. She was sure that Taeyeon will be mad at her for a long time.  

Seohyun looked at Yoona and Yoona swore she could see a glint of anger inside Seohyun’s eyes. But Seohyun just kept quiet, she carefully pressed a warm cotton to Taeyeon’s bleeding lips.

“Tae, Yoona said she was sorry. If you didn’t sleepwalking, there is no way she would beat you like that. And Yoong…”, Yuri said, then her gaze shifted to Yoona. “Next time, lock your door! And don’t just jump into a conclusion that there must be a bad guy coming here.”

“Ne, Appa. I am sorry.”, Yoona lowered her head.

“Let’s just go back to sleep.”, Tiffany said weakly and sighed.

“What’s with the noise? Omg, Taeyeon! What happened to your face?”, suddenly Jessica showed up, still walking groggily. She looked shocked at Taeyeon bruised face.

Yuri sighed. The sleeping beauty really missed out the chaos as she was still in dreamland before. “Aish, this princess. Lets go back to our room, I will explain what just happened.”, Yuri grabbed Jessica’s hand and guided her back to their room.

“Let me help you, aunty Taeyeon.”, Yoona moved to Taeyeon, offered herself to tend Taeyon’s bruise together with Seohyun.

“It’s okay, Unnie. I handle it.”, Seohyun stopped her.

Seohyun called me with Unnie. Damn, she really mad at me too. I am so doomed.

 Yoona finally excused herself and went to her bedroom as she thought there was no more reason for her to be there. She apologized one more time before she disappear to her room.

“I cant believe that kid punch me! And she was damn strong!”, Taeyeon grumbled. She winced when Seohyun put some medicine on her scratched lip.

“She didn’t mean to, Appa.”, Seohyun said calmly.

“Are you defending her?”, Taeyeon asked her daughter, irritated because Seohyun seemed not wanting to blame Yoona.

“Tae”, Tiffany caressed Taeyeon’s head. “I know you must be upset about this. But you cannot blame her entirely. Do you really think she would punch you for no reason?! She really didn’t know you were there in her room.“, she tried to calm Taeyeon down.

Taeyeon just scoffed and still frowned.

Inside her room, Yoona still cursing herself for beating the out of Taeyeon. Not only because Taeyeon is someone who were dear to her, but she was also Seohyun’s appa and her parents best friend.

Yoona took out her phone, texting Seohyun. She kept apologies to Seohyun as she was afraid Seohyun will get angry to her for the whole vacation.

To Hyunnie: Hyunnie, again I am so sorry for what happened today. I was really stupid! Please forgive me and please send my apologies to aunty Taeyeon as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------