Let me kiss

The Day We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi dears, please listen to Yesung's "Let me kiss" and Ryeowookie's "Maybe Tomorrow" to get the chapter's feeling. Enjoy ~

Ryeowook is diving into a deep and black ocean of the dark glittering night. The cosmic infinity invites him to a place, where the stars are born. Further and deeper he got pulled into the arms of the midnight, as if he's the chosen one of the universe. Chosen to share a secret, that only he is picked to know about. A secret about endlessly and undying love. 

He feels something silky on his skin, like butterfly kisses all over his body. This are the stars float through the sea, they flatter him and make him feel weightless. He could stay all night like this. Lost in a fantasy he shares with his mysterious lover. 

But looking over his shoulder, it's like there's someone else waiting for him, above the surface of the cosmic ocean. A sweet, dark and melodic voice calls out for him, like a siren who's husky melodies lulling him to sleep. With a promise of tenderly love. 

Can he have them both? One for the day, the other for the night? A sweet good night kiss for his midnight lover, to make his heart feel at ease. And then swimming up to greet his morning love with this enchanting pair of lips, that fits so perfectly to his own. Begging for a kiss so badly. 

It's the beginning of September and everyone get together for the big event of Changmin's wedding on Jeju Island. Ryeowook has longed for this event with excitement, on the one hand out of anticipation for his friend, but also because he would finally meet a certain someone again. 

But when he arrives at the sunny island on monday's noon, his expectations are disappointed for the time being, because Yesung is still staying in Japan, and according to Yunho, he will come later this week. The upset confectioner tries not to show his disappointment, out of fear getting teased by his friends, and immediately throws himself into work for distraction.

To Kyuhyun's great dismay, he brought Sungmin with him on this trip. "You can't be serious bringing him here!" The tall man complains while watching Ryeowook making himself busy in the big kitchen the wedding planners organized for him. The petite confectioner rolls his inner eyes listening to his friend's rants for half an hour by now, as he prepares all the tools and utils he will need to work for the wedding cake. 

He sighs again as he tries to explain his motives, for what feels like the hundredth time, "Kyu, I'll need him as assistant here, to organize and calculate everything I will have no time to think about. A wedding is no comparison to a birthday party."

"Can't these wedding planner guys do this for you?"

"No. Sungmin knows me the best when it comes to work. He knows about my workflow, the whole process of creating a cake and the way I want everything to work out in the end." The friend clicks his tongue in dissatisfaction, "You make it sounds like you can't take a step in this damn kitchen without him."

"He's my brain, if you want to call it like that," confirms the blonde emphatically and puts some of the ingredients a little to confident on the counter, "Now, be kind and take your pretty face out of here. There are people at this event who have a job to do. And I can't work in an atmosphere like this." Kyuhyun is about to puff his cheeks as in that moment Sungmin comes to enter the kitchen, with another basket of ingredients, "I think that's all Wookie. Oh, a visit from limbo?"

"Says devil himself." The taller one counters with clenched teeth, but before another word fight breaks out, the little confectioner reminds him in a strict tone, "Kyu. My kingdom! My rules!" The analyst don't say anything in return, just grits his teeth as he stabs his friend's assistant with his eyes, and almost runs into wedding planner Jungsoo, as he stalks out of the kitchen. 

The organizer follows him with a puzzled gaze until he remembers why he came here, "Ryeowook-ssi, nice to see you already make yourself comfortable here." The confectioner and his assistant bow politely to the older to greet him, "Nice to see you, too." The tall friendly man smiles in return and takes a look to the list on the board he's carrying with him, "I see you asked for some flowers that will used for the decoration?"

"That's right. I would like to integrate them into the cake. At least I need a few examples of them, to make edible copies. I could work from photos, but it's always better to have a 3D example on hand."

"You will make the flowers out of sugar paste?" Jungsoo asks astonished, "That's impressive. Well, the girls who arrange the flowers said that they will arrive on Wednesday. Is that enough time for you?" The blonde is smiling proudly at the compliment he received a minute ago, and nods in agreement, "That's fine with me."

"Perfect. Let me know if there is anything else I can get you."

"Thank you, Jungsoo-ssi. I will tell you then."

The kind man bows again and bids his goodbye for the moment, what leads Ryeowook to take one of the baking pans and collect the ingredients he placed separately from the others. "What are you doing? Do you want to start with the wedding cake now?" Sungmin watches the younger with a curious expression, who gives him a very sweet smiles, "Not today. But I need to prepare something for a special someone."

Ryeowook keeps himself busy that afternoon, and he hardly notices how time goes by, so it is evening very soon. Now he has to hurry up, when he don't wants to be late for dinner.

 

Changmin and his fiancee have invited all their friends and helpers to a dinner banquet to start the stressful week with a cozy get-together and thank them all in advance. 

Arrived at the pavilion, where dinner is set to be, almost everyone is there and the chairs around the long table are occupied. Ryeowook looks a little lost until Donghae, who walks around the table to take a few pictures of the decoration, notices him and waves at his little friend, "Wookie, finally. I've reserved a seat for you next to me."

The pretty man thanks his favorite hyung and looks where Hyukjae is settled. Taking his seat two chairs away from the dancer, he is also relieved to figure out, that Kyuhyun and Sungmin are sitting far away enough from each other. With Hyukjae being involved in a conversation between Siwon and a man he haven't seen before, Ryeowook focus on his plate, waiting for Donghae to get ready with his photographies. 

 

When his friend sits down at his side, the blonde lifts his curious gaze, "What were you doing? Is that part of the wedding album?"

"I'm planning to make a photo series about the preparations, too. Would you mind me coming to see you, and maybe take some pictures of you working in the kitchen?"

"If you think it's worth documenting the mess I'm creating there, I'm fine with it. I have nothing to hide." The confectioner chuckles, but his friend has a sad glim in his eyes, "This is no mess what you do. Your cakes are beautiful masterpieces. Please stop thinking so small of your work."

"But you should take a look to the kitchen afterwards. I guarantee you this is pure chaos. Ask Sungmin. Sometimes he wants to cry when he sees what I've done." Ryeowook is still laughing, but Donghae wishes his best friend would take him serious, "For real, if you ever think of publishing a baking book, I'd love to take the pictures for you." The smaller man gives him his cute smile, "It's ok. I'll think about it. Thank you, Hae." 

 

Later that evening they join the discussion Hyukjae is having with the people around them. They laugh a lot, sometimes Donghae needs to keep his other half in control with his silly jokes, which turn more and more dirty, as evening progresses, but Ryeowook has a lot of fun. 

At first he doesn't notice when the chair next to his other side moves and someone else takes a seat there. Everyone around gets greeted with a hoarse "Good evening" and it's then, that the petite blonde feels hot shivers running down his spin, heading the fascinating husky voice.

"Yesung-hyung," The little man shouts in happy amazement and earns a soft smile from the belated guest. "Yunho-hyung said you couldn't be here until later that week."

"I rushed some interviews to be here as soon as possible."

"I'm happy you could make it." Ryeowook says with a glittering in his eyes that makes the singer's heart dance in joy, and everyone can see that the little confectioner would like to hop on the other's lap out of happiness. Some of the girls, the bridesmaids, giggle and coo because they think the scene is too cute, while Siwon and Hyukjae exchange a known glare, grinning wide.

Yesung and Ryeowook don't notice anything, start an innocent conversation about the past few weeks, in which they haven't seen each other. At some point it occurs to the pretty blonde, that the vocalist had his own birthday just over a week ago. "Gosh, I wanted to prepare something for you, but it's not done yet. Because I thought I would have some more time." Panic is shimmering in his mocha bown orbs, so the older tries to sooth him, "It's ok, Wookie. You don't need to give me anything."

"But I really want to. You surprised me with such a wonderful gift on my birthday. I want to give you something in return. But it's not done, yet." Ryeowook looks at Yesung with his big eyes that the singer cannot defend himself against it, "Ok. I'm fine with anything then."

"Yay, but I still need a little time. Can you come and see me after lunch, tomorrow. Maybe I'll make it until then." The petite one is so excited that the man with his tousled black hair can only accept it, "It would be my pleasure." And there it is, that stunning smile that makes Ryeowook’s cheeks blush in light pink.

When Sungmin enters the kitchen next morning, ready for work, he sees Ryeowook already working with the mixer.

"Huh? I thought I had to drag you out of bed. Why are you up so early?"

"Well, I figured I need to rush things a bit, so that the surprise I wanted to do, will be done in time. But don't worry, I started with the dough for the first tier of the wedding cake before. Can you check the temperature of the oven, please?" The confectioner explains himself, pointing at a pan with unbaked dough, while opening the fridge to take out something he prepared the day before.

"Ah, I see. The surprise for that special someone. Could it be that we are talking about a certain artist?" The brunette smirks as he takes the pan to shove it in the oven and Ryeowook feels caught, a light flushing spread over his cheeks but it's too late to lower his head, Sungmin has seen it and smiles at him, "Don't be ashamed, Wookie. I don't want to tease you. It's been a while seeing you so eager and excited for someone else. It's nice." The blonde doesn't say anything, just blushes even more and concentrates on pouring the green cream from the mixer into the prepared cake pan. 

Then they focus on their original task in perfect harmony. Their good teamwork is shown once more as they manage to bake all three cake bases for the wedding cake by noon. The first one with a peachy note, the second with a lime one and the last in raspberry flavor, just as the bride and groom wanted it to be. 

As Yesung comes to see Ryeowook at his working place, he is welcomed by very sweet and delicious scents, "This smells like heaven."

"Sungie-hyung." Ryeowook is so happy to see the others that he almost drops the wooden spoon, he is supposed to use to stir the ganache he has on the hotplate. Sungmin has to cover half of his face to hide his giggling. But the singer doesn't find anything unusual about the behavior of the pretty younger and smiles, "You asked me to come and see you. Here I am."

"Ehm, right. Minnie, can you take over for a minute? I need my hands free." Sungmin does what he's asked to, so that Ryeowook can get the little cake from the fridge that he's been working so diligently on that morning. Yesung tries to look curiously over the shoulder of the small confectioner. But he's backfacing him when he puts the baked good on the counter, and the vocalist can only see that the pretty blonde is lighting a candle before he's turning back to him.

"Happy belated birthday." The petite man says to the older with a bright smile, "Make a wish." The man with the tousled hair blinks his eagle eyes in disbelief, when he is presented with a green cream cake, with chocolate decorations and little icing on top. It's not a big cake, but enough to be eaten by two, "You made this for me? I'm touched."

"I wish I had the opportunity to give it to you in time. But, well. It's a chocolate mint cake. You mentioned that you like this flavor a lot."

"You flatter me, Wookie. Be careful, or I expect something like that every year on my birthday." The singer smirks before he lowers his head to blow out the candle. Ryeowook smiles in return, with a soft pink on his cheeks, "I wouldn't mind." 

Sungmin watches them in amusement the whole time. He stirs the ganache without saying a word, and feels like having a live action drama in front of his eyes. 

When Yesung lifts his face, he breaths out a husky "Thank you," what makes the younger's body shivering. But then the stunning man looks a little hesitant and grabs his neck, embarrassed, "Well, of course, I'm not just here for the sweet surprise. I wanted to ask you, if you've already had lunch and if I might be able to kidnap you?" He glances past Ryeowook at the assistant at the stove and almost stutters, "B-but I understand when you have a lot to do. So it would also be okay if I could take you out to dinner tonight?" He smiles shyly at the blonde who stares at him with his big round eyes, "You want to eat with me?"

Before his friend had the stupid idea to turn down the invitations, out of embarrassment, Sungmin intervened, "You can go. Leave the rest of today to me. I'm a big boy I know how to do it. Go have fun on your date." The brunette winks at the couple with a grin, what leaves Ryeowook with his mouth wide open and the singer with his entire face colored in red, for a moment. 

-

"I'm so sorry for my assistant." The petite man whines after receiving the sandwiches they've ordering at a beach cafe. Yesung chuckles, taking a sip of his vanilla latte, "It's ok, I don't mind. Have you seen the bunch of girls giggling as we passed them?"

"Oh, the flower ladies? They belong to the bride. I really don't care what people might think of me, but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable about it." Ryeowook says with a shy glare behind his bubble tea, but he just earns a shaking head, from the man across the table, "I don't care, either. Really."

"Even if you become a famous singer now?" The blonde asks unsure. "I am nowhere near famous. But even then. I give them my voice, but behind it all, I'm also just a private man." Yesung explains and taking another sip of his drink. 

 

They spend nearly two hours in that café, talking about a lot what's in their minds, and almost forgetting their lunch because they are so comfortable chatting with each other. 

In the afternoon Yesung would like to show the petite blonde his favorite spot on Jeju, because he had told Ryeowook that he spent most of his childhood summers on this island. And so it happens that they climb over rocky banks, before reaching the dunes that lead to the sandy shores of the sea.

Seeing the ocean, Ryeowook turns into a little boy, kicking off his shoes and runs to the open sea with a happy laughter. Splashing around with water, to cool down his skin that is still so heaten up by the afternoon sun. Yesung finds him so adorable playing in the waves, and watches the cheerful man acting like a lucky toddler, with a tender smile. 

It takes some minutes for Ryeowook to get enough and come out of the water. Refreshed and with slightly damp hair, he flops into the sand next to the older, who sat down on the warm, soft ground of the beach, to enjoy the view of the playful younger and chuckles, "If I had known that you would enjoy the sight of the sea that much, I would have brought you here before lunch."

"As a child, my parents didn't have the opportunity to go to the sea with me very often," Ryeowook sighs, but smiles gratefully as he turns his face to the handsome man at his side, "Thank you for showing me your favorite spot."

The singer smiles down in love at the smaller one, "You're such a pocket full of sunshine, Wookie." 

The pretty blonde giggles over the comment, and gives the other his angelic laughter, "And I like your smile, it's like sweet candy." Gosh, how much Yesung would like to kiss those cute, heart-shaped lips right now.

-

When afternoon turns into evening, they don't want to get separated for dinner, therefore Yesung invites the younger man to come to his hotel room, to eat together on his balcony. 

The scenery in front of the artist's bedroom is picturesque, with a view of the open sea, and the colors of the setting sun add a touch of romance to all this. Ryeowook enjoys it very much, "I'm sure you got the room with the best view in the whole hotel." Yesung smiles as he places the two dishes they ordered through room service, on the small antique table, where they are seated, "You have your room facing the garden. I also imagine that to be very beautiful." The blonde mirrors the older's smile, before he digs a pair of chopsticks into his spicy chicken, while Yesung prefers his chicken sweet and sour. 

As they eat, their conversation revolves around their respective parts during the wedding preparations, and Ryeowook learns that Yesung will have a kind of sound check on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately, those are the days when he will be extra busy making the cake, "I would like to listen to your rehearsals, sadly, I won't have time for it." The black haired man gives a soft smile as reaction to the blonde's cute pout, "Don't be upset, you will hear me sing on the day of the wedding." Still pouting, the petite younger steals something from the other's plate to show the older, that he is anything but satisfied with the prospect of the upcoming days. A little taken aback by this sassy act, Yesung can't be mad for real with the cute blonde who is now grinning at him cheekily.

For dessert, they decide to call Sungmin and have Yesung's belated birthday cake, that the confectioner worked with so much love on. The singer still can't believe that something so extraordinarily beautiful was made for him. And deep inside, he wasn't joking, when he wished he could get a handmade birthday cake like this, every year.

Taking a bit of the light green colored cream, he immediately feels the mint flavor unfold inside his mouth, and the small pieces of chocolate in between make the whole thing perfect. A slight moan escapes from his lips, as he enjoys his favorite flavor. Ryeowook looks at him with blushing cheeks, don't believing the sounds reaching his ears, "Do you always eat your cake like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like... enjoying yourself?" The pretty blonde asks, feeling the heat on his face and gets a playful smile in return, "Only when my tongue can taste something that good. It's a symphony for the palate." Ryeowook is unsure whether the elder is aware of the ambiguity of his statement, lowers his head and tries to focus on his own plate. 

Munching a piece of mint chocolate in glee, Yesung sighs, "I wish it is possible to watch you bake once."

"What is stopping you?"

"I've been told that you don't like having audience in the kitchen." The man says with a unhappy note in the dark melod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter