Every day, wait for us

The Day We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi dears, this time I will give you a little note in the beginning. Reading this chapter, please listen to Yeye's "Every day, wait for us" and Wookie's "Smile again". Enjoy ~

Ryeowook dreams that he stays on a hill in the middle of a shooting star shower. The head in his neck, he enjoys the view of rushing stars on the dark velvety midnight sky. A softly hummed melody reaches his ears, but he can't exactly say where this soothing sound is coming from. 

Listening for a while, it feels like the sky is singing for him. A midnight lullaby intended for his ears only. A warm feeling spreads in his chest and fills his heart with love, longing and desire. Each whisper is a caress on his skin and pure honey for his ears. 

But he only can see stars in a hurry, leaving the firmament into a dark unknown. He likes the idea of them kissing the earth, when they fall and touch the ground. A wonderful metaphor like written down in a beautiful poem. He also wants to be kissed and touched by the stars. So he stretches his delicate neck towards the night, with eyes closed and waits for his very own goodnight greeting from the starry sky. 

"83 line?" Kyuhyun growls and glares sceptical at the colorful business card in his hands, "What kind of bull is this?" Changmin looks up from a soup bowl and explains with his mouth full, "A belated birthday present from Yunho hyung. He wanted to surprise me."

"Yunho hyung, of course!" The free time gamer snaps at this, his appetite is long gone. Changmin swallows his bite, just to add another spoonful into his mouth before he continues, "I told him that all of you guys are helping me with the wedding preparations, and he felt bad about not being able to contribute. So he decided to organize these two party planners to support me. Isn't he the greatest?!" says the translator as he speaks about his cousin with a big, fat, proud smile. Kyuhyun gives him an unemotional look and adds sarcastically, "Yeah, I'm close to tears." 

Ryeowook is sitting in a restaurant where he has arranged to meet his friends for lunch, on a warm Sunday noon. He insisted on not meeting before lunch break this time, and no one dared to complain. Just Siwon is missing, because he has to do preparations for an important trial the next day. Everyone else is hanging around a table in a soup restaurant, Ryeowook normally likes very much. But Changmin surprised them with the news of having a party planner duo by the hand now, as soon as everyone sat down and made their orders. This announcement makes the petite man all ears, but he doesn't even get the chance to say anything, because of Kyuhyun's little outburst. Now they have been listening to the taller's grumbling tirade for half an hour. 

"Why you need party planners when you have me? Why Yunho hyung is doing this? He hates me, I know it!" The tall, frustrated man nags while shoving a piece of chicken into his mouth, what he doesn't really want to eat right now. Hyukjae, whose head is hanging over a rameyeon bowl can't hold his sarcastic remark, "Who could ever hate you?"

"He loves you." Changmin assures his best friend, but tries very hard to ignore the wailing note in the latter's voice, who is far from ending his complaining speech, "To make matters worse, why there had to be two party dudes? Not one. Two! Why?" The online security analyst points with an elegant finger at the business card, he threw on the table a moment ago.

Finishing his meal Ryeowook leans back and snickers, "Maybe, you're the reason why he organized a duo. The first one to arrange the wedding and the second to keep an permanent eye on you!"

"You little piece of !" Kyu cures and is ready to jump on the smaller framed man, but Donghae keeps him in place, "Behave, Kyu! We're in public." Said one scowls at his giggling, cheeky friend across the table. 

"Don't pout. Look at it this way. You can concentrate fully on the song you have planned to perform at the wedding." Donghae tries to cheer him up, but immediately Changmin clears his throat, "Yeah, as for that..."

"What have you done?" Kyu interruptes him sternly. "Well, Yunho hyung..." This words are enough for Kyuhyun to raise his voice again, "What have I ever done to him?"

"He wants to help me make this wedding perfect."

"And you think I'm not?"

"One of his friends is a professional singer."

"Oh really? Have you ever heard him sing?" The analyst asks irritable and challenging, but of course Shim Changmin is also prepared for this, pulls out his phone and while he is looking for something in it, he explains, "Hyung send me a demo of him. What ever you say, I like it and I told him to bring ihm around." Without saying a word Kyuhyun grabs the device from his buddy's hand, holds it to his ear, and shields the other from the surroundings of the restaurant, so that he can listen to the music undisturbed. Donghae and Ryeowook watch every movement of his features carefully, while Hyukjae continues to slurp his ramen noodles unimpressed. 

After a while the lean man drops the phone on the table and glares judgingly into Changmin's eyes, "I feel betrayed by you, I hope you know that." The other sends an apologizing, but proud smile across the table and Kyuhyun huffs in frustration at Changmin's bright face.

Ryeowook’s pity is limited either, "I think you will survive it," he's grinning and reaches out for the phone on the table's surface. The blonde is curious as hell about what's on his friend's device and waits eagerly for the first harmonies after tapping the repeat icon.

First there are smooth notes of a clam piano, followed by soft strings that join in. And then Ryeowook’s heart skips a beat at a tender, husky voice, that sings the lines so gently and fragile, that a little sound of delight escapes from petite man's lips. It's a sad song, but he loves it from the very first note. He definitely has a kink for throaty voices, but these one is beyond beautiful and very soothing. Like a soft blanket on your skin, liquid honey for your ears or in Ryeowook’s case, goosebumps all over his tiny body.

"That's so beautiful." He sighs totally enchanted, but before he knows it the song is over, much too early for his liking. "Who is he? Do you have more from him?" The enraptured man asks with big pleading eyes, but Changmin can only shake his head at both questions, "I don't know, and this is the only demo Yunho hyung was sending me."

Ryeowook pouts, wants to repeat and listen to that pretty song again, but within a blink of an eyes, Hyukjae leans over the surface and snaps the phone out of his hands. "It's my turn." the dancer says and is grining teasingly at the scandalize looking younger, as he presses the phone against his ear. Soon, Hyukjae figures that this is not his taste of music. Listening to the singing voice just for a short moment, he lifts an eyebrow and scoffs, "This sounds like a dying seal." 

Ryeowook gasps, wants to stab Hyukjae with the pair of chopsticks in front of him, "You just have no taste, moron."

"Did you listen right? This guy really seems to be hurt. Must be a bad injury."

"You dancing stork. This is called expressing emotions."

"Then he should give tissues as freebies at his concerts."

These two's arguing goes on until Kyu suddenly makes himself noticeable again. Hands folded in front of his face, eyes fixed on Changmin next to him, he speaks in a low voice, "I want to meet him."

"Huh?" The other blinks his eyes as if he doesn't understands, so Kyuhyun continues, "This singer. I want to meet him before the wedding?"

"What? Why?"

"I want to meet the man, who messes up my plans."

"That's rediculous," Changmin says, "He's my cousin's friend, I can't force him to meet me without a reason."

"You have a reason. The wedding." Donghae says, taking the phone from his childish boyfriend.

"I have trust in Yunho hyung." Changmin nods confidently but Kyu won't give up, "What do you know about this guy?" The translater bites his lip as he thinks for an appropriate answer, when Ryeowook joins the conversation, opening his eyes, puppy wide, "I would like to meet him, too."

"Are you crazy? What this makes him uncomfortable and he cancels the performance for the wedding?" The soon-to-be groom moves nervously on his chair, but his allegedly best friend says unimpressed, "He won't if he's a professional." 

"You can tell him it's a wedding preparation meeting." Ryeowook suggests excitedly.

"Will you bring cakes?" Hyukjae asks with all his best intentions, but gets ignored by a cute pout. 

The security analyst snatches the device, that Donghae is still holding in his hands, before it breaks. "Call him." Kyuhyun orders, offering the owner his own phone, what the latter grabs, before he deals his cousin's number with an annoyed sigh and rolling eyes.

A few weeks later, it's the middle of April and Changmin invited them all to his home, more or less voluntarily. Of course the request took Yunho a little by surprise, but after half an hour of whinging by his dongsaeng, he agreed to come and bring his friend. That means tonight's host is a bit in a tense mood on this Friday evening, when everyone gets together. 

This time even Siwon is free that day, and hands Changmin a big envelope as he arrives at the translator's house. "I've checked the formalities and think we almost have all the documents together, you will need for the big day." The tall man in his tie suits says with the famous dimple smile. The other is about to thank his buddy for the helpful work, but of course Kyuhyun notices that thick envelope, and needs to comment on this. 

"Really? You actually let him do the papers for the wedding?" The smart gamer concludes with an indignant expression, what makes Changmin rolling his eyes. "Everyone gives what they can." Siwon smiles as he loosens the tie around his neck, and joins the other friends in the living room.

Hyukjae and Donghae are lounging on the couch, inspecting a brochure, as they had recently decided to order pizza for everyone later. Just as Siwon takes a seat next to the couple on the sofa, Ryeowook appears with a plate on which one of his artistic cake creations is draped. It's actually just a very simple version of a cheesecake, but the creative confectioner has managed to create something beautiful in a mix of different berries, fresh mint leaves and cute waffle cones. Siwon is happy to see it, "Oh you brought dessert? I love that cheesecake of yours the most." The pretty blonde beams at the compliment, but Hyukjae knows how to ruin it. 

"You know, if you wanted to set up the whole evening as a wedding prep meeting, didn't you have to bring these little cakes, that are always available at such tastings?"

"You mean petit fours."

"Yeah, exactly." 

"When you finally got the to propose to Hae, you can come see me for cake tasting." Ryeowook says with a stern look to the dancer, having a sweet tooth. Hyukjae gulps and Donghae gets red cheeks at the snappy words from the younger man's sharp tongue. Siwon laughs in amusement.

Right in that moment the doorbell rings, and Changmin, who is arranging drinks with Kyu in the kitchen, throws an uneasy look over his shoulder. "Don't be nervous." Kyuhyun says composed. "I'm always nervous when it involves you." The young man mutters and heads to the entrance. He tries to hide his discomfort with an exaggerated smile and opens the door wide, "Nice to see you. Come in, come in."

"Thank you for inviting me." A man with a tousled, black mop says, bows deep and hands a bottle of red wine to the homeowner. Behind him there is Yunho with his hands in the jacket pockets, "Aww, isn't he the cutest. He calls your guys forcement an invitation." The man with a slightly southern accent chirps, but the other shakes his head, "It's ok, Yunho. I totally understand your cousin's worries, so I'm fine with it."

"Thank you so much for coming. Don't listen to that idiot, please come in." The young man wears a sheepish smile while the guests enter his hall.

They are about to take off their shoes as Kyuhyun shows up next to his buddy, "Hyung, we haven't seen each other in ages. It's good to see you here," He first greets Yunho with a friendly shoulder clap, before turning to the unfamiliar face. "So, here you are, the wedding singer." The security analist gives him an undefined look, what makes the black haired, lanky man uncomfortable. 

"Kyu, behave!" Changmin hisses from behind and the addressed man gives them a bright smile, promptly, "Forgive me my bad manners. I'm Kyuhyun, the wedding's best man." He offers his hand to the other, who accepts it after a blink moment of hesitation. 

"That means you're the ring master," says the singer while shaking hands and somehow Kyu likes the way he says it... and Changmin can feel a shiver running down his spine. While he still holds the singer's hand, the previously skeptical man turns to Yunho with a wide, proud grin, "I definitely like your friend." 

"Ok let me introduce you to the rest of the gang." The translator interruptes this moment and leads the black haied guy to the living room. "They're a bunch of idiots most of the time. But normally they're harmless, so don't mind them."

"Hey, is this a way to introduce your bros?" Kyuhyun complains, but the younger just ignores him.

Cheers from everyone can be heard as they enter the heart of the apartment, Changmin's living room. Hyukjae sends his gummy grin to the new guests, but can't get right of the urge to put an possessive arm around Donghae as he greets Yunho. The older waves at the them happily and laughs inwardly at Hyukjae's behavior. Of course, he never had bad intentions with Donghae, he's even happy to have helped the couple getting together, a few years back. But the little spark of jealousy that never really left the dancing coach, feels good to Yunho, a little. 

The tall man with the southern dialect puts his arm around the slightly shorter and somewhat embarrassed young guy next to him, "Guys meet my friend Yesung. Sungie this are the idiots who wanted to see you so badly." The singer smiles sheepishly and bows slightly in all directions. Siwon wides his eyes in shock and points a finger at Kyu, "He's the idiot." 

Now Changmin takes over and puts his hand gently on Yesung's back, "Yesung-ssi, now let me introduce you to my friends." He points at the smallerest one, who helds his face in both hands and smiles cutly, "This is Ryeowook. He's a sweetheart."

"Yeah, when he's asleep." Kyu mutters behind them.

"Then we have Hyukjae and Donghae. They're a couple, and crazy. But we love them." The both next to the cutie, protest at the description and sulk, what looks funny, to Yesung. "Finally Siwon, I think he's the most normal here." The lawyer gets up from his seat to offer his hand to the singer, very politely, "Hi, nice to meet you." Yesung accepts the greeting and responds with a stunning smile.

They all make themselves comfortable on the king size corner couch, talk about casual stuff, and of course Yesung has to answer a lot questions. Personal questions, that makes him a little shy in the beginning. The others have to pull the answers out of him, but after a slice of pizza and drinks, he feels more relaxed and confident, talks about his career plans and that he is currently working with a japanese studio to record his first album. He tells all of this in a very calm and gentle voice, with this husky note. 

From the very first moment Ryeowook tries not to be affected by the singer's voice, too much. He knows his weak point and would have lost instantly. Unfortunately, his friends also know about this weakness, therefore he tries even harder not let it show. Yes, he likes Yesung's soft baritone. And he has an incredible laughter. Ryeowook blushes from time to time, without even realizing it himself. But everyone else notice it even more. 

-

After the pizzas, everyone is in the mood for dessert and can't wait for Ryeowook to cut and serve the cake. 

"I'm always impressed by your creations, Wookie-ah." Yunho praises the younger and even Yesung can't help but admire the delicacy, "You made this? Wow, this looks beautiful. Almost too good to eat. A pity we will destroy it now." Warmth spreads in the little blond's chest at these compliments, "Thank you. But it was made to be consumed. Please, eat." 

Yesung takes his first bite of the cake. Almost reverently lets it melt in his mouth, and moans. The creator of this baked good is waiting for the singer's reaction, but hearing that sound coming from the others throat, makes things to his little heart and his cheeks glow in a touch of pink. 

Yesung doesn't seem to notice it, "This is really good. I can't remember ever having such a good cake."

"If you like that, wait for him to make the wedding cake." Kyu says smirking and looks at his speechless little friend. 

"I've already told him to bring these small cakes to be tasted at the next meeting." Immediately Ryeowook sends a warning glare to the dancer. "Oh, that would be nice," Yesung says gently and the smaller turns back to the singers' direction with still burning cheeks, just saying, "Ok."

A mischievous grin goes back and forth between the analyst and dancer. 

Shortly afterwards, Yesung needs to say goodbye to the gang. "Oh, now?" Ryeowook sounds sorry, but tries to hide being sad. "I'm supposed to be in the studio for a meeting tomorrow morning. Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter