Between

The Day We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi dears, please listen to Yesung's 'Between' and Wookie's 'One and only' to get the chapter's vibes. Enjoy ~❤️

Taking a bath in the majestic fields of starlight, endless emotions running through the pretty man's body and mind. High in the sky, the milky way's stars are shimmering to a soft melody, on the firmament. Dancing in the night, in an enchanting and soothing rhythm. This scenery is playing with his heart. 

The glittering darkness captivates him, makes that he cannot take his eyes off. He doesn't even want that. Surrounded by beautiful shades of deep purple and black clouds, Ryeowook longs for a warm and tender hug. An embrace of comfort that covers his petite frame. He wants to be caresses by the night, like a soft blanket, until he falls asleep in the arms of the galaxy. 

To dream of the one, who watches over him with shining sparkles in his eyes. His very own prince charming, who whispers sweet husky promises into his ears, that only the velvety soft night sky knows about. His mysterious midnight lover, who keeps him protected and safe, during their passionated ride of ecstasy. Whom he hopes the universe will allow to meet again, one day. 

In between all he gets for the moment is a husky breath, kissing his ear. A silky voice making love to him, between black stars and endless seas of the universe. A cosmic intermezzo of unknown lovers, as a secret between a beautiful night and the morning dawn. Just between. 

It's the end of May - Donghae's mom's birthday - and of course, Ryeowook insists on personally delivering the birthday cake that has been ordered. He always adored this lovable woman, who took him into her heart when he was a teenager, as much as his own mother. 

"Wookie-ah, it's always a joy to see you. When you come to visit me, it's like the sun is rising." The friendly woman greets him with warm words, while giving a tender pat to his apple cheeks. "Happy birthday, Mrs. Lee," Ryeowook wishes to her with a sweet smile, "Please, stay healthy and take good care of yourself."

"You're always such a darling. Always polite and courteous. Your parents did so well with you." At that, Ryeowook can only smile sheepishly and hands her his characteristic purple cake box with the iconic emblem, Sungmin had designed for his business, once. 

The little young man follows the even smaller lady into her apartment, where she wants to bring the birthday cake to the kitchen. "How is your mom doing?" Mrs. Lee inquires on their way through the hallway, as Ryeowook puts his sneakers neatly next to a pair of familiar ones. "She is fine." He answers casually and runs after her into the kitchen. There he meets Donghae, who has a disagreement with the coffee machine.

"Oh darling, please don't tell me you broke it, again." Mrs. Lee gives her son a pitying glare as she places the cake on the counter, and rushes over to him.

Ryeowook giggles at his hyung's pouting, when Mrs. Lee is relieved to find out, that only the cord is not in the socket. "Why do you always think that I am breaking everything?"

"Because of the magic in your hands. They're practically the eighth wonder of the world, of mysterious phenomena." The slightly smaller one simply laughs at Donghae, but the laughter is so bright and heartfelt that his handsome hyung can't be angry at him.

"Speaking of magic hands. I can't wait to see your actual work. Come on, show me the little miracle, Wookie-ah." Mrs. Lee changes the subject so elegantly that the two young men hardly notice it. She claps her hands like a little hyper school girl, just because she can't wait to see her birthday surprise. There are moments like this that make it clear, where Donghae got his temper from. Ryeowook smiles at mother and son with that thought in mind, when he opens the purple box.

A creation of white yoghurt cream, blueberries on top and daisies in between emerges. "Oh dear, this looks so exquisite and delicious." The woman chirps ecstatically as she pulls the petite confectioner into a euphoric embrace. "Very yummy." Donghae agrees with his mom and wraps an arm around his best friend, while Ryeowook looks at them with a happy glim in his eyes, "I hope you can enjoy it."

Like every mom, Mrs. Lee is incredibly curious and inquisitive about everything that has to do with her children, and with Ryeowook as her baby boy's best friend since high school, he's basically part of the family, like one of her own babies. So, she's always interested to know what's going on in the petite man's life, and waits that he would find someone nice who would take care of him and make him happy, like Donghae has in Hyukjae.

So she was damn excited as Hyukjae told her about Ryeowook meeting someone, as he visited her with Donghae a week ago. Although the latter tried to stopped his boyfriend with falling objects and warning glares, he got ignored while his other half enjoyed gossiping with his mom.

And now, with the pretty, fine man next to her, she can't hold her curiosity anymore. Placing the cake on a nice plate, she mentions casually what got to her ears, just recently,

"Wookie-ah, I heard that you started seeing someone very interesting, lately. Is their any chance for us to see you dating that interesting person?" Ryeowook almost drops the saucers Donghae hands him from the cabinet, wides his eyes in panic before sending a judging gaze towards his favorite hyung, who raises his hands defensively to signal that he wasn't at fault.

"Hyukjae told me," The elderly woman adds with a smug smile, "I can't tell you how happy this news made me. I was praying for you to find a nice person every time I've been to church." The short man gulps, hesitates and feels uncomfortable to tell her it's different from what she's thinking, "Well, it's not quite like that... It's just... I meet a new friend, yes... But we're not dating." Mrs. Lee looks a bit disappointed and pouts like Donghae, when he hurries to add the last part of his explanation. She drops the plate with her birthday cake to the kitchen counter, walks around the island to approaches the sweet guy and captures his cute apple cheek with a soft touch, "What a pity. Is it so hard to find someone who deserves your heart?" A light pink covers on his face as he replies, "It's just that I'm not looking for anyone in general. It happens when it happens, but for the moment I don't want to stress myself about dating and focusing on more important things." His gentle smile almost breaks her heart, "Please don't wait for too long, Wookie-ah. You're too precious to stay alone in your life. I wish for you to find someone who treasures and loves you to the fullest." Her eyes are so sad on him that something shatters from his inside, because he can't find the words to admit that his heart is already taken. They never told her about his secret crush from college, and now he don't know how.

As soon as Donghae's mom takes the plate to carry the cake to the living room's coffee table, Ryeowook waits a second until she is out of earshot to give his best friend a destructive look and hisses, "What the hell was your stupid lover talking about? I guarantee you, next time I'll stuff his naughty mouth shut."

"Please, believe me when I say I tried to stop him." Donghae whines under the smaller's gaze. "Whatever, I will eat him. Do you have any idea what I should tell my parents, when your mom calls mine and chirps about me dating someone?"

"Ehm, no?"

"God, imagine my mom's reaction when she hears that news from someone else. She will cry her eyes out, as soon she'll having me on the phone. Whine and complain about how ungrateful I am, her only child. Blaming me for having no trust in my good old mother who raised me with a lion heart."

An uneasy feeling is growing in Donghae's stomach, as he remembers the theatrical behavior of Ryeowook’s mother, which she has every now and then. Normally Mrs. Kim use to be a sweet and kind hearted woman, but the day they enroll to college she cried as if she had to release her son to the army. Or the actual highlight, when Ryeowook moved out from his parents home into his own apartment. His dad was so proud, while Mrs. Kim felt like, he was moving to the moon. The thought of Ryeowook hiding a loved one from her must kill the loving mother from the inside.

The angry confectioner huffs and plops on a chair with arms crossed, "After a week of nagging and whining, she'll start asking me unpleasant questions in the second one. And in the third week she will start planning my wedding." While Ryeowook groans, Donghae suppresses a soft smile, knowing that this woman would only do it out of love for her son, so he pats his shoulder gently and speaks with a placatory voice, "Don't sulk, it's just that she loves you. We all do and wait for you to be in safe hands." The blonde let out a heavy sigh, "Exactly that it's. There are so many people waiting for me to find the right person, that I'm afraid their expectations will scare off my beloved one. Sometimes this pressure is too much and I doubt I will ever find them." There's a hint of sadness in the dark brown orbs, as the younger looks up to his hyung, who gives him an encouraging smile, "Don't give up on your dreams, Wookie-ah. And in the meantime you can keep looking for your sparkling prince Charming?" Ryeowook snores at this remark, "Be honest, you don't really believe that."

"Yesung-hyung seems to be a very nice alternative." Donghae says with a tiny wink, but the younger shots a very annoyed glare at him, "Hae, don't."

"You can't deny that he's an very interesting and attractive man."

"I tell Hyukjae."

"I have seen your eyes forming into hearts looking at him."

"Yeah, ok. He's a really fine man, but I don't want to rush anything. I want to wait and see where the journey with him takes me to."

"Ok, fine. But for now, don't be mad at Hyuk. He's an idiot, yes, but didn't does it with bad intentions."

"Then you should better train him." Ryeowook says with strictly folded arms and a childish pout.

"Boys, what are you waiting for. I can't sit here and eat that splendid cake on my own." Mrs. Lee shouts from the living room, what brings the two friends back to reality. "I'm sorry, mom. We're coming." Donghae replys, grabs the tray with cups and saucers, and with a nod of his head signals his petite friend to follow him.

On Sunday Ryeowook is supposed to meet said interesting and attractive man at noon. It isn't a date, but Yesung said he wants to introduce him to someone very special. And now, the slightly nervous young man sits patiently waiting at a park bench, waiting for the singer to arrive in whoever's company, while letting his thoughts spinning. 

The phone in his hands, Ryeowook scrolls through his messages with the older man and smiles. Chatting with Yesung is always fun and the petite guy really enjoys their conversations. Very soon Ryeowook noticed that behind his shy facade, the singer is not only kind and soft hearted, but also smart and very charming. Bad enough that his friends have already started to talk and speculate about them, so he wants to keep this little treasure to himself a little longer. 

But the thought that he would like to bring someone with him, barely let the curious, little man sleep at night. Did he ever mentioned a girlfriend? Please, don't. Even if he don't wants to have too high hopes about Yesung, a girl would give him a really uncomfortable feeling. Or maybe he wants to bring his mom. But isn't it to early to introduce each other to their parents? In that case, his mom would really start planning his wedding. Fast than Changmin can say, I do. Didn't he said his brother means a lot to him? Ryeowook would like to get to know that man who paved the singer's path to the music industry. Who can be so special to this fascinating man, that he even wants them to meet him?

Lost in brooding he looks to the distance, and it takes a moment before he recognizes the figure in the checkered shirt and faded jeans walking towards him. A smile spreads across the pretty face, but then Ryeowook blinks in confusion. Didn't Yesung said he'll bring someone? But he's alone. Then he realizes the leashes that the older is holding by the hand, on which two little puppies run excitedly next to each other. This sight melts the pretty blonde's heart. 

"Wookie, I'm glad that you came." Yesung greets with his gentle, stunning smile, as he approaches the bench where the younger sat before. Ryeowook returns the smile as he gets on his knees to let the pups sniff on his hand and greets them, "Nothing could have stop me, hyung. Are they the ones you want to introduce me to?" He asks with a chuckle as one of the little dogs his hand and the black haired man explains with a charming smirk, "These both mean a lot to me. I thought it is time you get to know each other. This are Kkoming and Melo. Ladies, meet Ryeowookie." 

The darker puppy growls a little at Ryeowook as he wants to touch the fur, so Yesung comments her to behave, but the white one seems to love to be cuddled and getting the little head scratched. "God, they're so adorable and cute." The still kneeling man coos while he's touseling the puppy's fur, what causes Yesung to smile at him warmly.

But what Ryeowook then adds makes his features derail "I was afraid you'd bring a girlfriend with you."

"What makes you think I brought a girl?"

"Nevermind." The younger laughs without looking at the singer, to hide his blushing cheeks. "Let's go for a walk with these fluffballs." The he suggests to distract the older from the embarrassment he's feeling and gets up to ask for one of the leashes Yesung is holding in his hands.

-

They stroll around the park, laughing and chatting with each other, enjoying the weather and each other's company, with Kkoming scurries in front of her owner, and Ryeowook keeps Melo by the leash. Little butterflies dancing in Yesung's stomach with each of the pretty confectioner's laughter, while the latter feels totally enchanted by the singer's stunning smile. 

"I didn't guessed you'd have time for dogs when you're out and busy so much." Says Ryeowook when he's watching the tiny dog ​​paws running across the paved path. "I'm not always away from home. It's just for recording and preparing the album."

Yesung previously told him that the CD is about to be released soon, in August and Ryeowook can't wait to hear the work, which the singer prepared so ambitiously. "In between, my brother takes care of my cute babies." The tousled head man explains with a very soft and tender expression on his handsome face, as he watches the said babies barking and chasing a butterfly on the way.

"You really sound like a loving dad." Ryeowook giggles looking at the other man, but Yesung only sighs, "I can't help but love these two so much. For a long time they were the only ones who could cheer me up, when my future wasn't looking so rosy."

"From the way you talk about them, I only can guess what they must mean to you. It's nice to know that these cute furballs helped you keeping up your dreams." The blond says with an emotional touch in his voice and looking back at the younger, Yesung has a happy shining in his eyes, "You understand me so well, Wookie-ah. That's why I wanted you to meet them."

"Thank you." Ryeowook just says with such a sweet smile, that the singer feels that cozy warmth in his chest again. At home he will write a song about it.

-

They're about to leaving the park behind, but Yesung don't feels like saying goodbye to Ryeowook so soon. "What did you have for lunch, today?" He asks in excitement what makes the smaller guy blush, because he can't remember, "Um, i don't know."

"I know a fantastic café nearby, there they also serve snacks. What do you think?" 

When Ryeowook doesn't respond right away, just blinking his eyes cutely at the older, Yesung almost believes his invitation was over the top, and already prepares an apology in his head. But then the younger's puzzled features turn into a sweet expression with a touch of pink around his cheeks, "I like the idea. I've wanted to have a coffee with you for so long."

"For real?" Yesung is astonished and Ryeowook nods shyly, while chewing on his bottom lip. The singer finds this sight just adorable, gives the other an encouraging smile what reaches his eyes, and turns to leading the direction, with Kkoming in his arm to protect her from passers-by in a hurry. "Let's go then!" He says over his shoulder and Ryeowook obediently follows him, after lifting Melo off the floor, too, like in Yesung's example.

-

The coffee shop that the vocalist recommended is more than very well attended. "Are you sure we can get a table here?" The blonde asks, looking uncertainty in all directions. "Do not worry. I know the owner." Says the dark haired man and Ryeowook doesn't know why, but he can hear pride in the other's voice. The tall one waves in the direction of the counter, and shortly afterwards a guy with features similar to the singer's approaches them, what makes the puppies in their arms bark excitingly.

"Hyung, I wasn't expecting you today."

"I was just around. Do you still have something free for us?"

"Sure, the terrace has just become vacant."

"Perfect."

"Ok, follow me." 

They make their way through the crowd and before Ryeowook knew what is happening to him, he finds himself on a platform with a perfect view, "Wow, this place is amazing."

"Thank you." Comments the guy who is obviously the owner of the place, "Oh, and since my brother apparently forgot his manners at the door, I'm Jongjin. The younger, but much cooler of the Kim brothers."

"Hey, I just didn't wanted to introduce you to each other in the middle of the crowd, where you can barely understand your own word." Yesung defends his failure with a little pout, which causes his cute company to swallow a giggle, so he can greet Jongjin with a gentle smile and a polite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter