Drunk in the morning

The Day We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook often dreams of the dark. But it's not a dangerous darkness. More soothing and clam, and a bit lulling. These darkness isn't just black at all. It's a dark blue, a beautiful midnight blue with a touch of purple and tiny mixtures in between. He dreams of sparkles. A glittering shimmer in the night sky, like a soft glimmer on dark velvet. He's so in love with the midnight sky. He always was. But even more after that one night. 

A night he met the most beautiful pair of eyes in the universe, supposed to look just at him, linger on his body with a gaze of tenderness and soft passion. This was what made him feel secure, protected and so loved. As if these eyes were made just for him. To watch over him forever. 

Ryeowook himself could sink into that amazing view of dark orbs with shining glitter in it. He wants to bath in it, get lost in it. He could get drunk on this. He wants to be always surrounded by this dark beauty and diving into the mystery of an endless galaxy. They're haunting him, but does he complains? No, he never would dare to. More over he's wishing for this wonderful mystery eagle eyes to never leave him.

The small korean moans cutly as his alarm wakes him for the day. He moves his head and pulls the sheets over it to cover himself from the annoying sound. Ryeowook absolutely don't wants to get up. Getting up will mean leaving the warmth and safety of his bed behind, for meeting reality. And reality is a ! Reality always reminds him of what he could have had, but was too stupid or too drunk to keep it safe. He wishes himself back into dreamland, where his heart is at ease and comfortable.

Yes, his heart is taken. He lost it years ago. And the fun fact about it, he can absolutely not remember how it happened. What he remembers is that the most beautiful and sparkling eyes, had enchanted him from the very first moment.

The young man turns in his sheets, stares at the ceiling and let out a deep breath, before he closes his eyes for another moment. A moment that happens every morning in the past seven years, when he tries to recall the events of the night of his college graduation.

During his college days Ryeowook was part of a big clique of students, who used to hang out regularly. Most of them had different majors but they where fun to be with. They loved to partying around and often did a lot of , they prefer not to tell their parents until today. Some of the mess they does back then, he better didn't wants to remember. Or he luckily can't remember anymore. But there are also some moments when he curse about himself, because he can't recall some special happenings, even he tries so badly. His mind doesn't work properly. Just because he was too knocked out at some nights. 

One of the nights happened seven years ago. The said one of his graduation from college. The night of the nights for so many reasons, but he simply ed up, literally.

It was all planned weeks ago and the gang was so hyper about it. His friend Changmin was the first to talk about a party he was thinking about to held on their graduation day, at his parents house. His parents were always busy workaholics, who never had time for their kids. And being frustrated that they didn't even bother to attend his graduation, Changmin planned to throw a party for his friends at his family's home, as payback for his parents. At least, he could have some fun that day. It wasn't like it was the first time. But they never get caught and all of them were always so proud afterwards, that they thought they were really clever dudes. What could have been the fact that they were always thorough enough to remove their traces, or that their neglected friend's parents indeed never really cared.

While the thought of having a party was just an idea at first, it was Changmin's best friend Kyuhyun who convinced him to make it real at the end. Kyu was a real party animal, who never missed the possibility of having some alcohol and well, let's say he never left a party alone. He had always crazy ideas, forced the group into silly drinking games and yes, of course it was Kyuhyun who introduced Ryeowook to alcohol. So it was clear that the fun addicted guy took care to get the intoxicating liquid this time as well.

As Hyukjae heard the word party he immediately started to move around to his inner beat. And when Hyukjae was on board you could definitely count on Donghae. Donghae, a nice cheerful boy, was Ryeowook’s best friend since high school, and had a secretly gigant crush on Hyukjae, from day one. Ok it wasn't that secretly because the poor guy was so damn obviously that everyone in their gang had known. Everyone, but Hyukjae! These two got along perfectly fine, so that their friends had often joked about them to be like an old married couple. Donghae's cheeks had always blushed like fairy lights after such comments, but Hyukjae that blind monkey didn't got it. Sadly Donghae was just too cowardly during that time. Several years after college, it took him a summer festival and a hot madeout session with Changmin's cousin, Yunho, to wake Hyukjae's attention. Donghae hadn't told Ryeowook in detail what happened there, but since then Hyukjae keeped an possessive eye on his handsome boyfriend.

Siwon always tried to be the voice of reason in their group, but in the end he succumbed to the gang's pressure anyway. If he was honest with himself, he always ended up enjoying it, wholeheartedly. And thanks to Siwon's dad and his connections, he helped his friends more than once to get away when they were close to get in trouble with the police. So while having a party, they never had to be afraid that the neighbors could complain about them making noise or turned up the music too loud, when Siwon was around.

No need to say that Ryeowook was hyper for that party too. He just wanted to have fun with his buddies for one last time. The last for maybe a while. 

College mates who were not close to Ryeowook always believed that he was a cute and shy boy, just because of his petite frame. Some of them joked about him looking like a doll, until he opened his mouth. His friends learned very soon that the cute looking smaller was a sassy brat with a sharp tongue and a bit flirty when he wanted it. But he never got too serious, unlike Kyuhyun. Probably the cheeky boy was too nervous, a bit cowardly and too drunk at the end of every party. In any case, up until then there was no one he would have gone all out for.

When there was one thing Ryeowook definitely knew, it was how to use makeup. Everyone had to admit that the confident little guy was damn skilled when it came to concealer and eyeliner, and always knew the right nuances of eye powder. The sweet, inconspicuous boy could turned into a seductive vamp within an hour. Hyukjae once wanted to teach him how to dance on a pole to complete the picture, but Ryeowook’s answer was pouring a bottle of beer into his friends lap.

Siwon and Kyuhyun promised to pick him up at noon. As the smaller build student opened the door, the surprised older's chin dropped to the floor, while Kyuhyun let out an impressed whistle, "So you really want to know it tonight?" The petite one in tight black jeans and a simple but fitting uncolored shirt didn't took his eyes off the mirror in front of him, as he putted some strands of his styled hair in order. "What do you mean?" He asked innocently what made the playful other chuckled, "You look like a doll."

"You're an idiot, Kyuhyun!" Ryeowook said with rolling eyes and tried to ignore the indecent brow twitching of his lewd friend. "Comon captain eyeliner. Hurry up, we're almost late!" 

-

Arriving at the Shim's house, the location was already filled with people and a heavy beat boomed through the living room. Changmin's cousin, Yunho, was also there and bought some friends. People Ryeowook had never seen before, but this doesn't mean they couldn't have some fun with each other.

Hyukjae and Donghae were already leading the dance floor, while Siwon was circled by a bunch of girls as soon as they made a step into the house, what caused a groan from his younger two friends. Then Kyuhyun clung to Changmin to annoy him, just waiting for the go to start a game. Maybe the few days younger just gave in to shut him up. The first game ended with a crying Donghae, locking himself in the bathroom just because Hyukjae was dared to kiss Junsu. An old friend of his chrush, whom Donghae has been jealous of, although he always denied it. Of course.

A few hour and several of Kyuhyun's silly drinking games later, Ryeowook was already drunk. Kyu had managed to fill him up completely, again. The petite student had no clue what happened then, because his mind had a total blackout. 

-

Next morning the exhausted boy woke up with the biggest hangover of the universe, in a bed that wasn't his own. He was , alone and an uncomfortable pain runs through his head and body. Ryeowook can't remember how he end up where he was, or what he had done, with whom. The last remindings what were left from his mysterious lover of that night, were  halfwarm sheets and the memory of a soft husky voice, small tender hands running up and down his torso and so damn much beautiful eyes.

Wonderful shining orbs, a satin like dark blue with midnight sparkles and a galaxy glimmer watching every one of his moves. Strangely that gave him the feeling of safety and protection, what he would never feel with any other partner in the future. A shame that he was too knocked out and to drunk to remember the stranger lover. But his body seemed to recall every move, because walking never felt so much like before. He hoped that he hadn't embarrassed himself, or did anything silly and that's the reason why that guy had run away in the morning. Just the thought of it made him so ashamed and raised the urge to hide from the world for days.

His naughty friends were too happy to give him little crumbs to fill his mind gaps, saying he made out with his 'lover' like a pro. While playing spin the bottle, Ryeowook end on that stranger's lap. What started with shy touches and careful , end up in each other's tonsils. Desperate and needy, they said. Kyu, that ert bastard even made a short video, what was like a soft to watch. Ryeowook on top of that stranger where blackfacing his friends, so that the other guy's face wasn't really recognizable. The hot smaller's hips moved back and forth like a litte boy on a rocking horse, while every moan was muffled by his secret lover's open mouth and the music beat in the background. It was Hyukjae's voice that yelled to them in that clip, to get a room. Then the video stopped. Ryeowook still remembers how embarrassed he felt as the gang had shown him the recorded material. They loved to with that and never stopped for years.

But his friends couldn't tell him who that mysterious man was. Obviously someone Yunho bought to the party and after Ryeowook wailed and tormented like a toddler for days, Changmin finally asked his cousin what friends he had invited to his party. But allegedly Yunho couldn't remember which of his buddies he had with him. Changmin thought it was a lie, but there was nothing they could do then. The boy with his cute face was disappointed, really sad and whiny to the point that it annoyed his friends.

He already dreamed about those enchanting eyes, which were chasing him through his days, that he couldn't stopped talking about them. That made Kyu and Hyuk groaned to their smaller obsessive friend. Changmin tried to be patient, Siwon smiled it off nicely, but the real supportive and understanding friend was always Donghae. 

Of course they wanted to help their little friend and coupled him with random guys and blind dates. Ryeowook tried it, he really did. But their voices weren't husky enough for him, so that they would sound like honey to his ears. Their hands felt to big and rough on his skin and most important, their eyes weren't shiny enough. Call him crazy, but he already idealized the man of his dreams that nothing can compare to this. Kyu often joked he need to bake himself a man to find all this attributes in one person. But he knows this man exists. Somewhere out there he is.

Ryeowook sighs at this memory and moves lazily under the covers. Dreams like last night have haunted him for seven years, now. But it's not like he gets annoyed by them, for him it's always a gentle reminder that something is waiting for him out there, a sweet promise. At least he hopes so. When he wakes up without one of this lulling dreams, something is missing. His mind feels numb then, as if he was left behind and alone. 

On mornings like that, his eyes always linger a little longer on a gigant HD printed poster above his bed. His coffee brown orbs rest on that picture in silent longing for a moment, before he could tear them away. 

The moony guy stretches his arms above his head and yawning once more, then tosses the blanket aside and let his short legs slide out of bed. He has absolutely no desire to get up, but unfortunately today is not a Sunday on which he can toss around in bed for an hour or more. No, today is the middle of the week

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter