Six

Trust

My brother drove me to airport but he couldn’t wait until I got in boarding because he had an urgent thing to do at work.

I was waiting to go boarding alone. Suddenly I got a phone call from Eunha. She was crying so hard. She said she has told Aron about her pregnancy but he doesn’t accept her. He told her to abort the baby. She said she called me to say last good-bye because she is going to commit suicide together with her baby. I became so worried and kept insisting about her place. She finally told me and I left the airport to go to find her at her rent house.

 

“Eunha, Eunha! I’ve come. Where are you?”

“Awwwwwwww…..”

 

-----///-----

 

“Ouch… my head!” I slowly opened my eyes. I felt so heavy on my head as well as my hands. I looked at my hands and they were tied tightly. “What happned?”….. I looked round to the unknown place. It was like storage room or something. It’s dirty and dark. I couldn’t remember what happened. I only remembered I left airport to find Eunha at her rent house then I got hit on my head and then I fainted.

“Where is it? Is Eunha safe? Are we kidnapped?”….. I kept wandering my eyes to look around but there was nothing besides dirty old stuffs and me.

 

“Hi, my best friend!” Suddenly Eunha walked in.

“Eunha, are you okay?” I was happy to see her. She looked fine so she is safe.

She chuckled with mysterious smile. “Minsoo, you’re always stupid. I finally can ruin your life now. You resigned, you divorced with your husband and now you’re going to lose your baby soon too.”

I got shocked to hear. “Eunha, what are you saying?”

“I’m saying I’m behind everything. I’m making up everything and you’re stupid to believe everything I make up.” *evil laugh*

“So Aron isn’t cheating on me?”

“Yes, stupid girl! Your husband doesn’t even give a look on me. He was the one who told you the truth but you don’t believe him and I’m not pregnant. It’s so funny. You can easily believe me.” *evil laugh*

“Aron, I’m wrong.” I cried in pain, thinking how I treated Aron unfairly.

“Why would you do all of these to me, Eunha? I thought we’re best friend.” I turned to ask her with my great regret.

“It’s because of you. You always have everything better than me. When we were students, you were loved by everyone but I didn’t get any. When we work, you got promoted but I got fired. You got married with a millionaire but I don’t even have someone to date yet. You see, you’re stealing everything from me. I hate you so I want to destroy you.” She revealed her real tail to me. I was so disbelief. I’ve been with her for years but I’ve never noticed she has been jealous with me like this.

“So now, you and your baby have to die.” She said then entered to hit me. She attacked my stomach the most. I kept crying, begging her but she didn’t slow down at all. “Eunha, please spare me and my baby! I promise I won’t sue or do anything to you. Please let us live!”

“No, I won’t let you live. You have to die here.” She said then she stopped beating me. She walked to take two big bottles. She dropped the water inside the bottles, circling around me. I smelled gasoline. I became more scared. After finished with the gasoline, she took out a lighter to make fire and threw to the gasoline’s circle.

“Eunha! Stop it! Don’t kill us! Help, help! Is there anybody? Please help us!” I kept shouting for help. The fire is coming closer and closer to me. Eunha was standing and kept laughing madly to see me dying. My body especially my stomach became so hurt after being beat so I don’t have power to escape from fire. What I can do now is lying on the floor, crying and waiting to die with my baby inside the flame of fire.

 

“MINSOO!!!”

As I was about to lose my consciousness, I heard Aron’s voice. I struggled to open my eyes. I saw Aron was trying to jump over the fire.

“Minsoo, I’ve come. Don’t be scared!” he shouted from other side of the fire.

“Let go of me! I don’t let you all save her.” Eunha was fighting to get rid of my brother’s catch.

 

“Minsoo, don’t be scared! I’m here. I’ll recuse you out here.” Aron managed to come through the fire. He quickly lifted my body to carry.

“Aron, rescue our baby!” I tried to tell him. He looked at me with a bitter, sad smile.

“I’ll rescue both of you.” He cried. I tried to raise my left hand to touch his face.

“I’m sorry.” It was my last word to him before I lost my consciousness.

 

-----///-----

 

Right now if I open my eyes, what will I face? Is my baby safe? How should I face with my husband after what happened because of my stupidity?

 

“Minsoo!”

I slowly opened my eyes and I was familiar that I’m in hospital. I saw my brother and my parents around. They kept calling my name. I tried to find Aron but he wasn’t in the room. I struggled to get up to sit. My family gave me assistance.

“How are you feeling now, Minsoo?” my mother worriedly asked.

“Mom, how is my baby? Is my baby safe?” I became panic, asking her.

“Calm down, Dear! Your baby is safe. You and your baby are safe now.” My mother hugged me to calm me down.

 “How about my husband? Where is my husband?” I worriedly asked about him too.

“Aigoo… you know how to call him husband now. Maybe he got angry and ran from you already.” My brother mocked at me.

I burst out crying to hear my brother’s words.

“Minhyun-ah, don’t make fun at serious situation like this!” my mother blamed my brother.

“Minsoo, Aron has just left. He has been with you since you became unconscious. But we insisted him to go to get treatment for his injuries and get some rest. He got burnt on his left arm while trying to carry you out from fire.” My father spoke up. I became so guilty to hear. I cried louder.

“It’s all my mistakes. I almost killed my baby, my husband and myself.”

“You love him but you don’t trust him. That’s your deficiency.” My brother continued blaming me.

“Minsoo-ah, you’re a married woman now. Before you do anything, you’ve to think carefully. You agreed to marry him, it means you want to keep your life with him. So you should listen to him more than outsider. Let’s make it a lesson! It’s a big luck that nothing serious happened.” My mother added.

“We’re not blaming you, Minsoo. We’re explaining to you. You’ll become a mother soon so you’ve to be mature and be reasonable. I hope this lesson has taught you how important the trust between couple is.” My father stated his idea for the last.

“I’m sorry. I promise to correct myself to be a better daughter, sister, wife and mother from now on.” I made a promise then my family entered to hug me.

I took medicine then soundly fell asleep again.

-----