Three

Trust

It’s quite deep night, but I suddenly heard noisy sound from downstairs. It sounded like people are arguing. I woke up and tried to learn about the loud.

 

“Just leave my place! Don’t disturb my sister anymore! Let her rest!”

“What actually happened? Oh god, I don’t even know anything.”

“Whatever! I don’t want you to disturb my sister at this moment. She wants to rest. Leave!”

“Hwang Minhyun, what is wrong for husband to see his wife? Get out from my way!”

“Dare you enter? I’m gonna kill you.”

“Ya~ Hwang Minhyun, get out!”

“Go to die!”

*Fighting sound*

 

My brother and husband were arguing, looked like Aron was trying to break in upstairs to see me. They’re fighting each other now. What should I do? Will my brother really break his legs?..... No, I can’t let them fight.

 

I quickly came out my room and rushed to see them. My brother was above Aron who was lying on the floor being beat by my brother continually. I became worried.

 

“Stop it! Stop beating each other!” I shouted to them.

“Minsoo!!!” they called me in harmony.

I entered to pull my brother from Aron and took him to stay a side. “Brother, don’t use your hands to fight such shameless man! Don’t care about him! If he doesn’t leave, it’s up to him. Let’s just go to bed! It’s late night now.” I said then held my brother’s hand to go upstairs.

“Minsoo, why are you behaving like this to me? You’re too unreasonable. I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong with you.” Aron struggled to stand up by himself and angrily yelled at me. My brother and I turned to look at him but we didn’t reply. We turned back and continued leaving him to our rooms.

 

I went back room and heard the sound of his car’s leaving. He was driving too fast. I sighed with my worries but I have to ignore him. He is no longer mine.

-----

 

Next day, I went to have check-up for my baby. It’s now 5 weeks but my stomach is still small not to be seen as pregnant woman yet. I always check up at a clinic that my old friend who used to chase after me in our old days in university work. His name is Jonghyun. I also shared him about my family’s problem.

 

“So, you really want to keep this baby and grow it all alone?” he asked.

“Hmm, I can’t kill a life. This baby is also my baby anyway. The baby has no guilty, its father is the one to blame on.” I sighed.

“Fine if you have decided it this way. But you can’t hide it from people any longer. Your stomach will grow bigger.”

“I’ll go back to my hometown and cut all connection with that cheating man. I’ll beg my family to help me to help me grow my baby.”

“Alright alright… Let’s go to have dinner together for now!I’m so hungry. It’s my treat. Let’s go!”

I nodded with a smile then left to have dinner with him.

 

After having dinner with Jonghyun, he drove me back to my brother’s place.

Unexpectedly, my husband was waiting for me near his car in front of my brother’s apartment. I told Jonghyun it’s my husband and I wanted to escape him. Jonghyun understood my purpose so he got off from the car with me and accompanied me to enter the house until I’m safe from Aron.

Aron soon walked to us. “Why have you just come back home? Who is this guy?” Aron angrily asked. I ignored him and continued walking.

“Hwang Minsoo, we need to talk. Are you seeing other man that’s why you’re ignoring me?” he continued shouting. I lost my patience so I turned to him and shouted back. “Not everyone is cheap like you!” I shortly yelled at him and pushed on his chest strongly. “I’m preparing for divorce. This time is for real. It’ll be ready in a few days. Now leave from my eyes sight. Just disappear and go to die wherever you want. I give you all freedom. Leave!” I shouted with all my anger and pain. He looked more furious to be pushed by me. He kept staring at me angrily then approached me again.

“Go!” he grabbed my hand violently.

”Ya~ let go of my hand, Aron! Stop it!” I tried to protest but he still roughly pulled me to go with him. “Aron, it’s hurt. Let go of me!” I cried in pain.

“Ya~ let go of her! It’s dangerous for ba-by…”

“No, Jonghyun!”

Jonghyun shouted to show his worry for the baby but I quickly shouted to cut his speech before he revealed my pregnancy in front of Aron. Aron stood still, feeling curious about our uncompleted speech.

“What’s up? Dangerous for what?” Aron frowned and asked.

“Nothing to do with you!” I escaped his question and seized chance to release my hand from him. “Go back before my brother come out and beat you again!” I finished my words then ran into the house.

 

I felt relieved that he didn’t catch our meaning otherwise I don’t know what to do anymore. A moment later, Aron and Jonghyun drove their cars to leave.

I got a phone-call from my brother, saying he’ll stay over his girlfriend’s place. So I’ll be left alone tonight.

“Men are the same. Girls are just their love game.” I murmured in disbelief then went to sleep.

-----

Next day, I went to meet our family’s lawyer and told him to prepare divorce document for me. He said it’ll be ready in two days.

 

Today, I got a phone-call from Eunha again. She said she hasn’t told Aron about the baby yet. She wants to wait until we successfully get divorced. I told her that divorce document will be ready in 2 days and after we signed on it, I’ll contact her again.

It’s so hard for me. I’m really angry with them both but I blame everything on my dishonest husband more. Eunha is actually innocent. She is also the victim.

-----