DAY 7

FOUR WORDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesung groaned on his bed. He felt his head splitting in two and as if the universe is sending a fair warning, the sky tore into lightning as the clouds poured to a heavy rainfall.

He got up, slapping himself awake. A suitcase is lying open on the floor. He hurriedly threw crumpled clothes inside. He is leaving in two hours.

He doesn’t know if he can turn the ignition on, how could he? Can he just leave?

Yua.

I wonder if she’s already awake.

He traced his misplaced belongings in the bathroom. Looking around, he felt sad. He would miss this place. Though he still can’t figure out if going here sparked a change in his life. He will know once he is back out there, won’t he?

He snapped his luggage shut, changed his clothes and went out.

The house is quiet aside from the sound of chopping in the kitchen. He will surely miss ahjumma’s cooking.

“Ahjumma.”

“Oh. You’re awake. Go sit and eat. I made you a box of muffin. Bring home to your family.”

“Thank you ahjumma. Really. I will miss your muffins and fried eggs and kimchi.” He blurted out.

“Aigoo. Eat, eat.”

“Where’s Yua?” He asked.

“She went out.”

The spoon clanked loudly on his plate. “It’s raining.”

“Oh well, I tried calling her but she’s nowhere in sight.” Yesung stood up. “Where are you going?”

 

 

Yesung scanned the shore and true to the caretaker’s word, Yua is nowhere to be found. But this time, he knew where to look.

He didn’t care much about the rain soaking his trousers. He traced the way to the cliffside in a hurry; his shoes filling with sand as he trekked further from the white house.

The rain made it difficult to see. He strained his eye, squinting at the drops of water rapidly falling to the ground.

 

“Yua?” He called.

He looked at the shade of trees, wishing he would see the faint outline of her sittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter