DAY 1

FOUR WORDS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He got up and opened the window widely. The view is amazing. The universe aligned the stars for him last night, he got the room facing the ocean. He washed his face at the bathroom. Feeling so ecstatic he didn't dare frown at the swollen face he was insecure of so much.

There's a new spring to his steps as he went downstairs, following the strong smell of coffee to the kitchen.

"Good morning." He said tentatively. The caretaker lady is busy cooking.

"Oh hello! Did you sleep well? Get that cup. I prepared it for you." The lady smiled at him, radiating that motherly warmth he respects a lot. He felt at ease. "Wow. Thank you. I'll enjoy this."

He sipped the coffee, exclaiming approval at the fresh taste once in a while though he couldn't help but wonder why the lady is cooking a lot. He didn’t dare ask.

"Here. Dig in. Enjoy your meal."

The lady put fried rice, fish and scrambled eggs on one of the plates. His mouth is watering just by looking. He hurriedly sat and murmured thanks.

"I am going to the market. Tell me if you need anything."

"You are going to the market ahjumma? Do you need help. I'll come with you."

"There's no need. I can manage."

"But I want to go." He said, gulping down food fast.

"Will you be alright, son? This is a small island but there are quite a few people at the barrio."

"I'm sure it will be fine. Let me go get my bag."

It's not like he is that famous anyway. Not here at least.

He hurried upstairs to collect his bag and wallet.

"OUCH." Damn. My toe.

"What was that? Am I hallucinating?"

He looked closely at the window again.

"I swear I just saw someone." He scratched his head.

"Come faster, I don’t like buying at a late hour. I need to cook lunch." The ahjumma yelled.

"Okay!" He shouted back, pushing the image out of his head.

 

 

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. WHAT THE F-"

 

He stopped his mouth before it’s too late. His felt like it’s been punched by s. All of s, twice by Shindong, and worse.

His mouth dropped when the lady maneuvered the amphibious car on the shallow river.

Lord Jesus I thought I booked a beach resort why am I in a fore--

WHAM!

Jesus.

"Are you okay there, son?" The lady asked, not even looking at him to check.

"I'm okay!" He shouted over the loud engine. "Peachy. My is peachy."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter