Fourth Gear

Bad Girls

Taeyeon hummed, “Yes.” Looking up at Irene, Taeyeon frowned, “I think this is why you are getting chased.”

“It looks like money transfers?”

Taeyeon clicked on a few folders, “Not just any money transfers. These are ghost accounts.”

“Ghost accounts?”

Jessica took her tea, “ghost accounts are what people use when they want to hide their money. My guess is that whoever you took this from, has some very dangerous and rich clientele.”

“So what if we just give this back to them? Won’t they leave us alone?” Seulgi wanted to get her new car and get out of this town.

Taeyeon shook her head, “We will all be marked for just having this. If not by this guy but by his clients who want to keep this a secret.”

“What do you suggest we do?”

Taeyeon leaned her head back on the couch thinking, “We need to somehow put the attention on him.”

“What do you mean?”

“Taeyeon is saying right now all the attention is on you and we don’t know how many people are after you right now since you are marked. If we can get the mark on him, you might get out of this clean.” Jessica stood up to go over to her bookshelf and pulled out a book allowing the top shelf to come down showing a few guns, “Until we figure things out, better be safe.”

Seulgi and Irene caught the gun and clips thrown at them, “This has to be the craziest town I ever visited.”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a peck on the lips when she came back with a weapon, “You two should get some sleep. Taeyeon and I need to make some calls and go over these accounts.”

“I can help!” Irene offered.

“Guest room is the last on the left. Let the adults handle this okay?”

Irene and Seulgi looked at the couple for a second who urged them to rest. Seulgi stretched, “I will see you girls in the morning. I am tired.”

Irene gave Seulgi a strange look and ran after her, “What are you doing? We have to help them somehow.”

Seulgi shrugged, “They have something planned. Plus what are we supposed to do? I am a small-time car thief and racer and you are just a thief.”

“Still! We have to do something.”

“Maybe the best thing we can do right now is to stay out of it?” Seulgi stopped at the door, “Don’t rush into something you don’t know how to handle. Get some rest so we can work tomorrow.”

Irene winced as Seulgi closed the door in her face. Letting her head hit the door, Irene stood there like that for a second contemplating what to do but she knew deep down Seulgi was right. This situation was way over her head.

 

Waking up the next morning, Seulgi walked down to the kitchen where Taeyeon was reading a newspaper and the table was filled with various pastries, “Morning.”

Seulgi scratched her head, “morning…did you make all this?”

Taeyeon hummed as she continued to read.

“Weren’t you up late?”

Taeyeon hummed again, “That is why Jessica is still sleeping.”

Seulgi looked around, “Irene must still be in bed…why are you up?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I don’t sleep well.”

If Seulgi didn’t know better, today looked like a normal day and there weren’t people out there to kill her, “Did you guys figure something out to you know help us?”

Taeyeon finally folded up the paper and set it down, “I finished going through the files and I think I know a way out but we should wait for the other girls to wake up. Let’s enjoy the morning.”

Seulgi reached for the coffee and filled her mug, “I don’t remember the last time I had breakfast like this.”

“You should learn to like the little things in life. Jessica and I try to find some normalcy in our life together, even if it is just breakfast.”

“How did you and Jessica meet?”

“Tokyo. We were at a big underground street racing tournament. She was the hotshot racer and I was brought as a glorified mechanic. To be honest I don’t know what she saw from me, but there was no way of ignoring her.”

Seulgi smiled, “So it was love at first sight?”

Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head, “She lost the race to my racer at the time. Jessica was so furious she came after me. I thought she was going to tear my head off but she slapped a bunch of money down and said I was working for her. Jessica can be very direct.”

Seulgi laughed, “I thought she was going to kill us when we walked in the door.”

“You would be dead if she wanted you to be.”

“So you worked for her?” Seulgi leaned forward, “This sounds romantic.”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I don’t know if Jessica could ever be called a romantic…Jessica is Jessica and I fell in love. Luckily, she loves me back.”

“Oh you are both up.” Irene entered the room causing both eyes to land on her, “this is a big spread.”

Taeyeon smiled and got up, “I should see how Jessica is doing.”

Seulgi reached for a piece of bread and bit it, “Want some coffee?”

Irene sat down and smiled, “yes please. So what were you and Taeyeon talking about?”

“About her and Jessica.”

“They are awesome aren’t they?”

“So you met them at a race?”

Irene shoved a bagel in , “Yes. I was there with friends and new to the scene. When you are surrounded by criminals, know your mark. I thought Jessica was going to kill me but instead she took me under her wing for a while. I got introduced to a bunch of people and kind of you know…found my place. I really owe my life to those two.”

“They seem cool.”

“They are family. Which is why we should get out of here now.”

“What? Why?”

“If we are in deep . The last thing I want is to get those two involved. They don’t deserved to be dragged into my mess.”

“Too late baby.” Jessica slipped into the kitchen in her robe, “Family sticks together.”

Taeyeon came up from behind, sliding her hands sinfully across Jessica’s back, “We know how to get him and the plan is already set in motion.”

Irene and Seulgi leaned forward, “Tell us.”

“Get your clothes on. We need to meet this guy.”

“Wait…are you saying we need him to catch us?”

Jessica shook her head, “No we will make sure he is the one caught in the net. Now let’s get you out there where he can find you. I made some calls and we are going to have a great time tonight.”

Taeyeon smiled as she tossed some keys over to Seulgi, “You are going to have a good time.”

 

The night was quick to come and all the troublemakers came out for a good time. Engines roared to the pounding bass of the DJ. Fancy cars lined the streets with all the stars there. One would say it was a night not to miss if you were part of the underground racing scene.

Pulling up in a blue McLaren, Jessica stepped out with her knee high boots ready to run the place. Behind her, Seulgi pulled up next to her in a yellow Jaguar with Irene as her arm candy in a short sequined dress. Like usual, the girls opened the hood for everyone to check out the goods before bets are placed. Although Jessica’s name speaks for herself and whispers quickly filled the place of her presence.

“Seulgi I hope you are as good as Irene says you are. Don’t make me look bad as my guest.” Jessica said before walking off.

“Don’t mind her. This car was one of my earlier projects before Jessica got the McLaren. I reconfigured the motor and controls here. The car is programed to go fast, all you need to do is guide it.” Taeyeon smiled at the engine, “Jessica has never lost a race since she got me.”

Seulgi watched Taeyeon to take her place by Jessica’s side as Irene slipped into her arm, “We make a hot couple.”

“Better than them?” Seulgi motioned to Jessica and Taeyeon who controlled the crowd.

“No.” A man interjected, “They are THE couple here.”

Seulgi and Irene turned around happy to see a familiar face, “Taemin!”

The man smiled warmly at them, “I would say you are a close second though. I see Taeyeon gave you the Jaguar. You better not trash this car, it was the first car Taeyeon worked on for Jessica. I am surprised she gave you one with so many memories.” Taemin examined the car for a second, “She is fast though. Anyway, see you both at the end of the race.”

Seulgi watched the man leave, “I hope this works.”

Irene scanned the room, “The bait is already here.” Seulgi looked over to where Irene was looking, “Big money is here so he has to be close by.”

Seulgi sighed in relief, “So all I need to do is win.”

Irene laughed, “Top 3. I don’t think you can beat Jessica.”

Seulgi gave Irene a playful hip bump, “I stand a chance!”

Irene reached for some alcohol that was being served, “Until then, lets party.”

Seulgi watched as Irene picked a few pockets, “You are so bad.”

Irene smirked, “The worst.”