Third Gear

Bad Girls

Irene and Seulgi found themselves at another club to wait out the rest of the day, “What about that one.”

Seulgi looked the man up and down, “Cheap watch and cheap shoes, you can see there he only spent money on a suit which I am guessing is a rental? The man is broke.”

Irene smirked, “You are good.”

Seulgi looked around, “I have a good one. The girl in the red dress over there.”

Irene raised her brow, “Family money? Maybe 10 billion won fortune?”

Seulgi nodded, “That dress is a limited edition, with limited edition shoes and you could guess those diamonds alone are 100 million.”

“She would be a great mark. An easy target.”

“I thought we said easy money without taking someone home?”

Irene got up, “Watch and learn how to make a quick buck.”

Seulgi smiled as she took a sip of her drink, “educate me.”

Irene grabbed her drink, “Gladly.”

Watching from her table, Seulgi had her eyes glued to Irene. The way Irene went up to the girl and initiated small-talk, to the way Irene giggled and used skinship so the girl would invite her to her table, and the way Irene swiftly took off that bracelet to pocket 10 million won in one swift move, “beautiful.”

After a while, Irene came back, “Come on, we should hit another joint before she finds out.”

Seulgi grabbed her jacket, “you are buying dinner.”

Irene laughed, “Says the person that is crashing at my place for free?”

“As if. I know what you are up to with Taemin, you will get more than enough for that car.”

Irene hummed happily, “I am not sure…”

Seulgi handed the valet her ticket, “don’t get me wrong, I am not upset that you get a small cut, meeting you has made me want to stay longer.”

Irene laughed, “like this town could handle two of us?”

Seulgi opened the car door to get in, “probably not, but I haven’t had this much fun in a long time.”

Irene went to the other side of the car to enter, but just as her hand reached the handle, a man came up and grabbed her, “Got her!”

Seulgi saw what was happening so she quickly turned around and saw another guy approaching her. Not sure what to do, Seulgi did the first thing she could think of and that was to kick him in the gnads before jumping in the car, “Irene come on!”

Irene tried to shake off the man but he was very strong. Knowing she can’t out-muscle him, she stomped on his foot before elbowing him in the side to slip out of his grasp and into the car.

Hitting the clutch, Seulgi stepped on the gas to speed out of there, “Who the hell was that?”

Irene rubbed her arms bruised from the man she battled off, “You don’t think they are the guys we shook off yesterday?”

Seulgi shifted to go faster, “Could be…how did they find us?”

Irene turned to look behind them, “I am not sure. Should we try going back to my place?”

Seulgi turned the wheel, “If they found us at the club, don’t you think they already know where you live?”

Irene sighed, “Just drive by and see.”

Seulgi knew this was dangerous but she shifted and turned again heading back to Irene’s home across the city. Luckily they were not far from the flat and they arrived without much trouble.

Irene and Seulgi looked around the flat but saw no one, “I don’t think they know where you live.”

Irene sighed in relief as she went to unlock the door, “I like to keep this place separate from my work…usually.”

Seulgi smirked, “I wonder why I was an exception?”

Irene scoffed, “I don’t let my money out of my sight.”

Seulgi went over to the couch and collapsed taking off her heels, “speaking of which, where is the bracelet? I should at the very least give you a good estimate before you sell it so you don’t get ripped off.”

Irene opened her safe to put the bracelet in, “As if. Giving a diamond bracelet to another thief is like giving candy to a baby.”

Seulgi threw her head back and laughed, “You can’t blame me for trying.”

Irene opened a case to put the bracelet in, “I am not that easy—” Just then the sound of a garbage can falling over outside could be heard.

Seulgi shot up, “You heard that too?” Carefully going over to the window, Seulgi peeked out to see several men surrounding the flat, “, they must have followed us.”

Irene grabbed a nearby backpack and started stuffing it full with items in her safe before closing it up again, “We need to get out of here.”

Seulgi slipped on pants and comfortable shoes as Irene did the same, “I know a safehouse but it would be difficult to get to without a car.”

Seulgi looked around, “Porche is a no go.”

Irene opened the backdoor, “We will find something on the way then.”

Seulgi rushed over taking her bag as they both slipped out the backdoor into the adjacent alleyway. Irene led the way through the tunnel of buildings until they stumbled out onto the road, “Pick something quick.”

Seulgi scanned the area until she saw a black Mustang, “She will do.”

Irene rolled her eyes, “I guess it is fast enough.”

Seulgi didn’t have time to mess around so she broke the window and unlocked the door before reaching down to hotwire the car. Irene slipped in the passenger side as she watched the guys rush out of the alley, “You better get that thing started quick.”

Seulgi bit her lip trying to focus on the wiring until she got the car to rev, “Got it.” Shifting gears, Seulgi put the car in drive and sped off. Irene saw the guys trying to chase after the car but it was clear they were going to lose them, “Are you sure they aren’t following us this time?”

Irene watched for a while, “unless their cars are invisible, I see no one.”

“I hope so because I am tired of running all night.”

Irene leaned back in her seat, “Go towards the river, the safehouse is over there.”

Seulgi sped off into the night as both girls try to find solace in their night of chaos.

 

Irene directed Seulgi to park next to a large warehouse, “What is this place?”

Irene got out, “Some friends of Taemin’s. I got to know them in the underground racing scene.”

Seulgi followed behind as Irene went to the door banging on it. Irene peeked into a camera and smiled until the click of the door signaled they could enter.

Irene led the way until they were greeted by a pair of women. One was in the kitchen minding her own business while the other held a crowbar, “Word on the street is someone has you marked?”

Irene laughed, “I am just that popular.”

The woman started laughing along with her as she dropped the crowbar and gave her a hug, “Nice to see you again baby.”

Seulgi watched on the side hoping to figure out who these women were.

When the hug ended, Irene pointed back to Seulgi, “She is with me. Seulgi this is Jessica and Taeyeon. The amateur chef there is some computer whiz while here we have one of the best street racers alive.”

Seulgi raised her brow at the beautiful woman before her, “Nice to meet you.”

Jessica motioned for the girls to sit down, “So what trouble did you get yourself into this time?”

Irene sighed, “Seriously I have no idea and why do you assume it is me?? It could be her fault too.”

Jessica smiled as Taeyeon brought over some tea and snacks before draping her arm over Jessica, “When we first met Irene she tried to steal my watch.”

Irene rolled her eyes, “I was young. I had no idea who you were at the time.”

Jessica smiled in content at the tea, “You should know why we have our doubts.”

Irene crossed her arms sulking, “I have been good, I promise.”

Jessica eyed out the bag on the floor, “Then you don’t mind showing us what is in there?”

Irene looked down, “Money, just in case.”

“Let’s see how good of a girl you have been then.”

Irene looked at Jessica and Taeyeon before slowly ping the bag, “Just to let you know, I already have a deal with Taemin.”

Jessica nodded, “we know, now let’s see.”

Irene dumped the contents of the bag on the floor revealing several wallets, jewelry, phones and some petty cash. Going through the wallets, Irene pulled out the cash and credit cards, “Most of these people use cards these days.”

Taeyeon held out her hand, “I will empty the accounts for 30%”

Irene hesitated for a second, “I am only saying yes because you are letting us stay here.”

Jessica laughed, “You would say yes or we will throw you out on the street.”

Irene shrugged as she ruffled through the next wallet but as pulled out the cash, a usb drive fell out, “What is this?”

Taeyeon’s brow lifted up in curiosity, “Probably nothing but you never know. I will look at this for free.”

“It is probably full of .”

“If I happen to see s, that is a bonus.”

Jessica quickly hit Taeyeon in the ribs, “You better not be.”

Taeyeon rubbed the spot where she was hit, “I was just joking. There are probably boring work files that I might be able to hack.” Going over to get her computer, Taeyeon plugged the device in to take a look. Using a password breaking software, Taeyeon quickly opened up the files but furrowed her brows reading over the content, “Jess take a look.”

Jessica put her tea on the table before looking over the laptop, “You don’t think??”

Taeyeon hummed, “Yes.” Looking up at Irene, Taeyeon frowned, “I think this is why you are getting chased.”