Second Gear

Bad Girls

Like a true creature of the night, both girls woke up just as the sun was setting. Seulgi was outside watching the city blanket itself in darkness, “Isn’t it beautiful.” Seulgi turned around to see Irene coming out with a mug which she assumed to be tea from the teabag string sticking out, “Some would say the most beautiful part of the day is the sunrise because the day gets brighter, but I found the sunset to be…how should I put it? Familiar?”

Seulgi smiled knowing someone felt the same as her, “Where are we taking my car?”

Irene sipped her tea, “I know someone. Let’s head out in a few. I made something to eat if you are hungry.”

Seulgi raised her brow thinking this girl was very accommodating to strangers, “Is it poisoned?”

Irene smiled, “I thought you liked the thrill?”

Seulgi laughed as she followed Irene inside the home to see some typical Korean dishes, “This is a bit more than I expected?”

Irene sat down and started digging in, “This may put a major dent into my badass persona, but cooking relaxes me.”

Picking at a few dishes, Seulgi was impressed, “Most girls who steal for a living are not this domesticated?”

“Food is a basic human need. I find that I like the finer things in life so either I steal it or I make it.”

Seulgi started eating her meal in silence but every so often she would glance up at the girl across from her. It was unusual for her to have someone to eat with in the “morning.”

“Stop staring at me. It is creepy.” Irene said taking another bite of her meal.

“Sorry…”

Irene raised her brow, “First time waking up to a girl?”

Seulgi nearly spit her food out, “W-what?”

Irene laughed, “I find women to be a bit…gentler. You shouldn’t just go after the guys. They are not the only successful people in the city to seduce.”

Seulgi smirked at her daring counterpart, “Who says I haven’t tried?”

“Because you are staring at me like you have never seen the other gender at the table before,” Irene started laughing, “creeper.”

Bringing her mug up to , Seulgi tried hiding her laughter. It was interesting having such an enjoyable morning.

With their stomachs full, the girls threw on their jackets to head out, “So we are going to see my buddy Taemin to change your car and we’ll be even.”

Seulgi twirled the keys in her hand, “deal.”

Going out to the car, Seulgi smiled as she slid her hand over the finish, “You were nice while it lasted.”

Irene scoffed, “The only love you should have is self love.”

Seulgi entered the driver’s seat and Irene followed into the passenger seat, “my love for cars is deep and…”

“…I know I know, you like the color. We will see if Taemin has something…similar.”

Revving the engine, Seulgi smirked as she pulled out of the garage into a narrow ally, “Where are we going?”

Irene sat back, “go up a few blocks. It is like 10 minutes away.”

Seulgi revved the engine a few times, enjoying the beautiful sound and the smell of burning gas. After Irene side-eyed her with impatience, Seulgi finally took the car out of neutral and pulled out of the alley onto the street. Seulgi shifted into gear and started going down the road but as progressed down the street, she noticed another vehicle behind her. Shifting to go faster, she noticed the car behind her also started to increase her speed. Suspicious of the black vehicle, Seulgi made a quick left turn.

“What are you doing? The place is over there.” Irene held onto the car with Seulgi’s sharp maneuvers.

Seulgi ignored the other woman as she looked out of her rear view to see the car still trailing her, “Are you setting me up?”

Irene gave Seulgi a look like she asked something absurd, “No? I have money invested with this car.”

Seulgi did another quick turn and shifted to a higher gear, “Then who is that friend following us?”

Irene looked behind to see the black car, “Like hell I know.”

“Hold on.” Seulgi hit the clutch and quickly sped up the car weaving between the other cars on the road. Irene unconsciously smiled as she watched Seulgi trying to shake off the car behind her. Something was y watching a woman work that shifter.

Seulgi bit her lip in frustration seeing how skilled black car driver was, following moves closely. Knowing she needed to play dirty, Seulgi looked around for an opportunity to throw the car off her tail. Racing down the streets, Seulgi came upon a construction site and shifted down to make a quick right off the road.

Irene tried to grasp onto anything in the car as the car shook from the rough terrain, “You are going to get us killed.”

Seulgi laughed as she flew through the area with men yelling at her for almost hitting them, but she knew better and avoided them with ease. Taking a few looks in her rearview, Seulgi smiled once she had the black car where she wanted. Pulling the e-brake, Seulgi made a sudden sharp turn towards the cement truck. Shifting again, Seulgi sped towards it but right before she was going to hit the truck, she pulled the e-brake again and sharply turned. The black car had no time to react when the cement truck released its load into the front end as he tried to drift away.

Seulgi and Irene laughed watching the black car covered in cement, “Serves that guy right.”

Seulgi let out a sigh of relief as she pulled out into the road again, “So this Taemin guy, where is he at again?”

Irene smirked, “make a right up here and we will be there soon.”

Pulling into a garage, Seulgi let out a loud sigh of relief, “Who the hell were those guys?”

Irene hopped out of the car, “I should be asking you that. The recognized your car.”

Seulgi leaned against the car trying to think who would go after her, but she was far from where that car came from. There is no way those people would find her here.

“Irene! What pleasure do I have to see you here?”

Irene pulled Taemin into a hug, “I came to show off this baby.”

Taemin looked over her shoulder to the car, “Well well…this is a nice surprise.” Going over to the car he wiped off some of the dust, “A little dirty but I like what I see.”

“What can you get me for this?”

Taemin walked around the car to pop the hood so he could marvel at the engine, “Why would you sell me this gem?”

“Best you don’t know.” Irene smirked.

Taemin laughed, “Ah so you want this to disappear. What a shame for something so beautiful.” Closing the hood, Taemin waved the girls over, “Come to my office to talk business.”

Seulgi pushed herself off the car and followed the duo to his office. Taemin offered her a seat but she refused, “I need something new.”

Taemin leaned back in his chair thinking, “What are you looking for?”

“Something fast and stylish.”

Taemin chuckled, “That would be my whole inventory. By the way…Irene who is your friend?”

“Seulgi, and we are not friends.”

Irene nodded, “What she said. We met and once this transaction is done, we are even.”

Taemin eyed out both girls and nodded, “Alright then. Come with me and I will show you some stuff in the price range of that car.”

Seulgi moved aside to let Taemin by as they walked over to an adjacent garage, “Let me know what peaks your interest and I will get the keys.”

Seulgi’s eyes grew wide with joy seeing all the new cars lined neatly in the garage, “It is like Christmas in here.”

Irene whistled at the beauty, “Wow Taemin your business has grown.”

Taemin folded his arms, “Business has been good lately. I have a few new guys that have good taste.”

Walking through the aisles, Seulgi let her fingers glide across the finish of the cars. She didn’t know what she should choose but when her eyes landed on the orange McLaren at the end, “Oh I see my new baby.”

Taemin and Irene followed to see which car Seulgi wanted, “Ah that one. Came in a few days ago so I haven’t rubbed the vin yet. Come tomorrow and I will have it ready for you.” Turning to Irene he whispered, “I will have what you want tomorrow too.”

Irene smirked, “Good doing business with you like always.”

Seulgi walked over to the pair, “We can’t drive the car we brought in today, someone has that car marked.”

Taemin reached in his pocket and clicked the unlock causing the car behind them to flash, “Take the Porsche for now. This one is clean.”

Seulgi took the keys, “I promise to bring it back without a scratch.”