Morning

I'm Not Alone Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't see anything! Where's my food?"

"Just....hold on a second, okay?" Sowon tried to keep her voice low, almost forgetting that Yerin was sleeping nearby and was unaware of Eunha's curse breaking. Eunha managed to poke her head out from under the blanket, an irritated pout on her face. 

"Why did you do that?" She asked, trying to move the blanket away to go back to eating until Sowon wrapped it back around her. What was it with these girls and wanting to walk around with no clothes on? She really needed to leave more blankets and spare t-shirts around the apartment now, just in case. 

"Just sit still. You can eat again later." Sowon whispered. "Yerin is sleeping and I don't want her to get up." 

Eunha's eyes lit up when the name was spoken, smiling cutely.

"Yerin! Can I go see her now?" 

"If you promise to not wake her. And keep the blanket on." Sowon couldn't believe there was already two new girls back to their original forms. Clearly the two had bonded to her and her emotions towards them fast but who knows how long it could take for the other three. She wasn't making any progress with Umji or SinB, and Yuju barely reacted to her. 

Speaking of the kittens, they were at their heels already, aside from Umji. The black kitten, SinB, meowing frantically at Eunha while Yuju sat down next to her. 

"SinB....I can't really understand you." Eunha frowned, not liking that she couldn't hear her friend's voice clearly. It was strange not being able to talk to them. At least Yerin was in the same situation.

"We can worry about her later." Sowon gently pulled the blanket bound girl up, not expecting her to be shorter than Yerin. The blonde was almost a whole foot taller than her, a laugh slipping past her lips. Eunha noticed the sound instantly, her head jerking to the side to give Sowon a look.

"Why are you laughing?" 

"I'm not."

"Yes you are!" Eunha's voice raised but Sowon was quick to cover , not trying to hurt her but to at least keep the noise to a minimum. 

"Now's not the time for this, okay? I need to get you dressed. And then you can see Yerin."

Eunha let out a tiny grumble before allowing Sowon to help her to the bedroom, her legs still shaky like Yerin's had been when she had transformed back too. Sowon was starting to get used to this routine but that didn't mean that it wasn't any less of a shock when it happened. 

The bedroom door quietly creaked open, the pair maneuvering their way inside. The sight of Yerin's sleeping form in the bed caused Eunha to hop forward, holding the blanket around herself like Sowon had instructed. Sowon knew better than to stop her. This would be the first time that Eunha would interact with the real Yerin without being a kitten and she wasn't about to get in the way of something special like that.

Sowon dug around in her closet before grabbing various pieces of clothing. She was running out of proper outfits to give the new girls at this point. They would for sure have to go shopping today before school starts back up tomorrow.

"Here." Sowon placed the clothing in front of Eunha, who was sitting on the edge of the bed and watching Yerin as she slept. Eunha only stared at the items and Sowon sighed. She was going to have to dress her too, huh? Eunha was definitely easier to dress than Yerin, the former white kitten not squirming as much as Yerin had. Within moments, Sowon had clothed Eunha in a light purple sweatshirt and a pair of gray sweatpants. This time, the clothing she had picked was way too big for Eunha and another laugh escaped Sowon. She really was tiny. 

"Why do you keep laughing at me?" Eunha hissed out, the pout appearing again as Sowon waved her hand dismissively.

"It's nothing, I swear. I just...wasn't expecting you to be so....short?"

Now Eunha was really pouting, crossing her arms over her chest. Sowon chuckled and patted the girl's shoulder reassuringly, trying to change the subject. 

"So, is this the first time you've actually seen Yerin like this?"

Eunha nodded, dropping her defensive pose to stare at the sleeping girl with affection in her eyes. She scooted over and placed her hand on Yerin's cheek as lightly as she could, admiring the other's smooth skin.

"She's so pretty.....She saved us too, you know?" Eunha continued, a thumb gently rubbing against Yerin's sleeping face. "When she found us, she refused to leave. She kept us together, kept us fed, made sure we were clean. I owe her everything. If it wasn't for her, I would have given up long ago. And I know the others feel the same way."

Sowon smiled, watching Yerin stir briefly at Eunha's touch before snuggling into the blanket. Eunha drew her eyes away from the sleeping girl to look back up at Sowon, studying her face.

"You were crying."

"What?" Sowon blinked, remembering what had happened before Eunha had transformed back. "No I wasn't."

"But you were. I remember it."

"It's not important." Sowon rubbed at her neck awkwardly, not ready to talk about what she had previously said to the former kitten. She wasn't ready to be that vulnerable again. 

"But-"

"....Sowon?"

Both girls stopped to look down, Yerin's sleepy eyes opening and gazing at Sowon before moving over to stare at the new person in front of her. It took a few moments but the second she realized just who the familiar voice belonged to, Yerin shot up from her laying down position.

"Eunha? Eunha! Is that really you!?" She yelled, brown eyes wide with excitement. Eunha giggled, nodding happily. 

"It's me, Yerin. Sojung broke my curse." Eunha could barely get the sentence out before Yerin pulled her into a big bear hug, laughing as Yerin rocked her back and forth in her arms. 

"Sojung? You mean Sowon?"

"Oh, right! Sowon!"

"Hey...." Sowon interjected, running a hand through her hair. "Don't I get a say in what my name is?"

"What? Is something wrong with it?" 

"No.....but-"

"Then its not a problem!" Yerin smiled, still holding tightly onto Eunha. Eunha didn't mind at all, letting her head rest against Yerin's neck. "Your name is Sowon!"

"Fine. Whatever." Sowon didn't have the energy to fight it anymore. If they wanted her name to be 'Sowon' rather than 'Sojung' she was going to have to get used to it. Having a new name was fitting. She never really liked that her name was something about her that was still attached to her parents. Hearing 'Sowon' instead was like a breath of fresh air, like a weight she didn't know she was carrying had been lifted off of her back. 

Eunha and Yerin continued to hold each other, Yerin giving a few tiny kisses to Eunha's cheeks while Sowon checked her phone. It was seven in the morning already and neither of them, aside from Yerin, had gotten any sleep. Oh well. Coffee existed for a reason. And Eunha appeared fine, Yerin's energy keeping her up. But there were things that needed to be taken care of. Two of the kittens had made their way into the bedroom, SinB's meowing continuing the same as always, Yuju sitting silently in the doorframe. 

"Can't you be quiet for more than five seconds?" Sowon grumbled, the black kitten only meowing again louder in response.   

"She wants to be up on the bed too." Yerin said as she ran her hand through Eunha's short hair, making sure it was presentable. 

"You can still hear her?" Eunha asked, making no attempt to move away from Yerin's touch. The former ginger kitten nodded, letting her grip loosen on the shorter girl so she could finish her mission of combing through Eunha's hair with her fingers.

"Alright. Enough laying around. Let's go." Sowon stood up, stretching and walking to the closet to find something warm to wear over her v-neck shirt.

"Go where?" Eunha yawned. Yerin finished up with combing through Eunha's hair, moving back to nod in approval of her work.

 "I need to get some new clothes. For me, for you two and for your friends." Sowon took out a gray jacket from off the rack, putting it on with her shoes and grabbing two pairs of slip on shoes with no laces. Hopefully they would fit for now.

"Can we get more food too?" Eunha asked, making her way off of the bed. Yerin did the same, jumping up and holding onto Eunha's hand. 

"I guess I can buy you both some breakfast while we're out. Sure." Sowon agreed, signaling for the duo to follow her into the living room with the pairs of shoes in her hand. It was pointless trying to keep the kittens out of her room, so Sowon let SinB and Yuju stay where they were. She could at least count on Yuju's calm energy to keep SinB from tearing up too much of her stuff again. And Umji didn't seem interested in leaving wherever she was currently hiding. It would be fine.

"Come on. Let me put on your shoes and we can get in the car." 

"Car?"

"I wanna sit in the front seat with Sowon!" Yerin exclaimed, pulling Eunha along. 

"Huh? No fair! I wanna stay with you, Yerin!"

Sowon lifted up Eunha's foot as she talked, slipping the shoes on before doing the same to Yerin. She really felt like a mother now. 

 

 

  The ride to the shopping center didn't take long as usual but Sowon had a funny feeling that this trip would be a lot harder than when it was just her and Yerin. Lots of people were out shopping and there were many distracting things around. If she lost either one of the girls in the crowd, she knew it would send her into hysterics. Making sure that didn't happen was her top priority. Yerin's protective nature was relievi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter