Feelings

I'm Not Alone Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can we get this?"

Sowon sighed, resting her arms on the shopping cart while Yerin eagerly held up a large, deluxe box of kitten treats.

"Don't you think we're spoiling them? We already are planning on getting them all of this." Sowon gestured to the cart's contents, various treats, blankets and cat safe food placed inside. It wasn't as if she couldn't afford to buy everything the former kitten wanted, but this was starting to become more of a feast than a simple meal to get them all through the week.

"They deserve it." Yerin pouted, holding the treats close to her chest. Sowon let out a huff of air before placing a hand on Yerin's head, ruffling brown hair gently.

"Fine. We can get it. But no more, okay?" 

That response was more than enough to stop Yerin's pouting, a smile replacing it as she happily placed the box of treats in the cart. Sowon corrected her posture and gripped the cart handle, pushing it down the store isle slow enough for Yerin to follow behind her.

She had to admit, it was sweet how much Yerin cared about her girls. She also did have a point. The cursed girls, well, kittens, deserved some spoiling after all that they had been through. But there was no way she was going to say that out loud. Yerin would demand that she buy more treats for sure. 

"Is that all we need? We got plenty of chicken for SinB. Food bowls. Different types of kitten food. Will the others be fine with eating mostly chicken tonight too? We did get a lot." Sowon asked, tensing up slightly as Yerin's hands clutched onto her forearm. She definitely was not used to this much affection yet. 

"I'm sure!" Yerin nodded, still gripping onto Sowon. "Can we go home now? I want to eat!" 

"Your food will still be warm when we get back. Don't worry." Sowon replied, maneuvering the full cart to the checkout line so she could pay for everything. She wasn't sure what exactly to get Yerin for dinner so she settled with something simple. A burger from the nearest fast food place, a small carton of milk from the store and a roll of bread with butter. She didn't want to risk overwhelming the former kitten's stomach. If she could keep down this food, she would buy her something bigger for lunch tomorrow.

After paying for everything, Sowon lifted up the bags from the cart and carried it to the car, Yerin following closely behind. 

"Remind me to buy some more clothes later." Sowon said as she placed the various grocery bags in the back seat, closing the back door and then opening the front door for Yerin to get back into the car. Once she was in, Sowon made sure to correctly pull the seatbelt into place over the girl's torso, not minding the fact that Yerin always seemed to squirm when it was on. She would get used to it. 

"Clothes?"

"Yeah, for your friends when they turn back." Sowon nodded, shutting the door and making her way into the driver's seat, placing her key in the ignition. 

"Do you think you'll be able to help them soon?" Yerin asked, her gaze drifting from Sowon to back outside as the car moved out of the parking space, starting the drive home. She found the ride home to be entertaining, the sights of the city moving past the windows captivating her. 

"I don't know. But I hope so." Sowon replied, concentrating on driving home safely, glancing at Yerin every so often to make sure she didn't remove her seatbelt.

"Does that mean I get to pick out these clothes too?" Yerin asked, still staring out the window, watching the various blurs of people and buildings going by.

"I mean, if you want to." Sowon chuckled. "What, do you not like what I gave you?"

"No of course not!" Yerin protested, turning her head to look at her. "I love what you gave me! I just wanna get my friends something cute too!"

"I know, I know. I was just joking." Sowon laughed, turning the steering wheel to make the exit onto her street. Thankfully everything wasn't particularly far away from her apartment. One of the benefits of living near a big city.

For once, Sowon was excited to get home. It had always been so lonely with no one around but now it was lively. Maybe she should buy some new furniture too, add in some personal touches. The apartment still looked almost exactly the same to how it had been when she had first moved in, filled only with the basic necessities. That would have to change if four more girls were also about to occupy it at any moment. 

 

Pulling into her designated parking space, Sowon turned off the car and removed her seat belt before helping Yerin with hers. Yerin seemed eager to be free, hands pushing at the door excitedly to open it.

"Let's eat! I wanna eat now, Sowon!"

"Help me carry everything in first." Sowon said with a small laugh, handing Yerin one of the lighter bags of groceries and picking up the rest herself before locking the car. The pair making their way to the apartment door. 

Once inside, tiny mews greeted them, SinB and Eunha darting over to the two while Yuju stayed curled up on the couch. The brown striped kitten, Umji, was still in the same place as before, staring up at them curiously. At least she wasn't hiding under the couch anymore.

"Alright. I'll fix your meals in a bit. But let Yerin eat." Sowon sighed, ignoring the irritated meows coming from the black kitten. SinB really was a handful. 

Yerin was already in the kitchen, bouncing on her feet slightly as she waited for Sowon to bring over the bag of food from earlier. 

"Come on. We're going to eat at the table from now on." The blonde gestured to the small kitchen table with two chairs, setting the bag down and taking out the contents. Yerin bounced over and sat down, staring at the items in front of her. Without much hesitation, she took hold of the burger and bit in, eyes widening as the flavor filled before going back in for another large bite. 

"Careful, careful." Sowon said as she wiped some of the crumbs off of the corner of Yerin's mouth with a napkin. "Slow down. I don't want you to choke."

"It's so good!" Was Yerin's only reply, letting go of the burger to grab the opened milk carton, sipping it down as fast as possible. 

"I told you to slow down." Sowon sighed, pulling the drink away from Yerin's lips. She really must have been starving last night. 

Yerin didn't say anything else, only eating everything as fast as Sowon would let her. A loud meow broke the silence, the black kitten sitting on top of the kitchen counter in order to be heard better. Eunha seemed to be eager for food as well, the white kitten rubbing against Sowon's legs before meowing too.  

"They're hungry."

"I know, Yerin." Sowon rubbed her forehead to sooth her tired mind. At least the other two kittens were relatively quiet. She wasn't sure if she could handle four kittens all screaming at her at once. Though it was at least a cute sound. 

Getting up from the table, Sowon left Yerin to her meal, focusing on getting the kittens food prepared. She wasn't confident in her cooking skills so she had made sure to get chicken that had been cooked already, along with both dry and wet kitten food. Taking the new bowls out of the bag, Sowon placed a large piece of chicken in each bowl before adding a small portion of wet and dry food. This way she could tell what each kitten preferred to eat and go from there. 

She placed the bowls down on the floor next to the table, watching as both SinB and Eunha darted forward to inspect the food. The black kitten, SinB, was the first to eat, wolfing down the chicken within seconds, mirroring Yerin's behavior from earlier. Yuju stretched and jumped off of the couch to join everyone, the gray kitten silently testing out each food before settling on mainly eating the chicken as well. For the first time, Umji made her way out from the corner, slowly moving in and nervously grip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter