Epilogue

I'm Not Alone Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "We're home!" Sowon called out as they entered the house, her hand intertwined with Yerin's. The pair was still wearing their shelter uniforms, various animal hairs clinging to the fabric.

 

It had been two years since the former kittens had all transformed back and they had all grown since then.

   SinB's black, shoulder length hair had grown out to the middle of her back, giving the girl a more mature look. Thanks to Sowon's help, she had started taking dance lessons in the city, quickly gaining a name for herself thanks to her incredible, uncovered talent. Sowon had attended every show and festival that SinB had taken part in, along with the other girls, and the group's cheers could be heard the loudest among the crowd. It embarrassed SinB some but it was clear that she loved every moment of it, even when Sowon would pelt her sweaty face with proud, loving kisses after the performance. SinB was well on her way to having a career as a dancer and Sowon was more than ready to let her pursue her dream.

   Eunha's height hadn't changed over the years, which meant the teasing she got from everyone continued. Eunha would whine but secretly, she loved the height she was at, mainly because it meant that she could snuggle comfortably in everyone's arms when they would all sleep together. Eunha's hair had remained in a cute, short bob, Sowon having to take the role of hairdresser for each one of the girls thanks to how everyone's kitten mode was still alive and well. Most of the girls handled it well but Eunha and SinB had tried to bite Sowon the first time she attempted to do their hair, thanks to how scared the duo was of the sharp scissors, and Sowon wasn't about to let either of them do that to some poor salon employee. Eunha had eventually gotten used to it, though she wouldn't allow anyone but Sowon to do her hair, which Sowon didn't mind at all. It was cute. Eunha also had started gaming on a more competitive level, breaking world records on some of the games she played the most. She was infamous in gaming circles, only her gaming tag being shown to the world. Eunha didn't mind being anonymous, taking joy in keeping up her mysterious online gaming persona. 

  Yerin had joined Sowon in working at the animal shelter, nailing the interview thanks to how outgoing she was becoming. Sowon had been promoted to staff leader, which had certainly helped her get the job, but Yerin had gained a name for herself too. She was known as the beautiful shining light of the shelter, helping the animals and people interested in adopting with a huge smile and upbeat attitude. She also helped with taking photos of each animal to post on the shelter's online website, showing off her photography skills. It was just a hobby for now but Sowon was certain that if she wanted to pursue it more in the future, she would succeed tremendously. But for the moment, Sowon enjoyed working with Yerin at her side, giving her the strength to work on her own social skills. 

   Yuju had taken to doing covers of popular songs online, recording and editing her own work on her laptop for her personal video channel. She had even covered a few of Sunrise's songs and gotten noticed by the group on social media soon after. She had been so excited that day, unable to sit still during mealtime. Sowon had never been more proud, feeling honored that Yuju had shared the cover with her first before posting it that day. Sowon never pushed her to do more than her covers online, satisfied with the fact that Yuju's voice would at least be heard by others and not just the group at home. If Yuju wanted to audition to become a star singer, that was up to her, not anyone else.

   Umji had improved the most over the past few years. She had become more outgoing, like Yerin, and she could even out sass and tease SinB when the opportunity presented itself. But she still was just as cute and cuddly as ever, demanding that the group sleep together in the living room or Sowon's bed at least once every two weeks. No one was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter