Surprise

I'm Not Alone Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"....You did it." 

"....What?" Sojung stared blankly at the girl that had finally uttered her first words, confusion still clearly on her face. The response hadn't answered her question at all and it was a weird response at that. 

  "You did it!" The new girl exclaimed again, sitting up and moving forward to stare down at the sprawled out Sojung on the floor. With the action, the cardigan covering the girl's body shifted, threatening to fall at any moment. Sojung quickly stood up but the mysterious girl's hands shot out and grabbed at her shirt before she could do anything to help the situation. 

"How did you know? How did you break it? Are you someone who can do magic? Did you use a spell?" The girl continued loudly, the questions coming one after another. None of them very helpful.

"That's not an answer to my first question." Sojung finally responded, attempting to push the cardigan up over the new woman's bare shoulders. It didn't help as much as having actual clothes could but at least it was something.

"Who are you? And how did you get in my house?" The question made the brown haired girl's head tilt, wide eyes examining her like the ginger kitten had done before. 

"Me?" The girl paused, clearly trying to process the question while her hands continued to stay attached to Sojung's shirt. 

"I don't know."

Sojung wanted to face palm. 

"What do you mean you don't know?" Sojung exclaimed, trying to advert her eyes from the other's body. "You don't have a name?"

"You never gave me one." The girl stated bluntly. It was then that all the pieces fell into place in the blonde's brain. It didn't seem possible but it was clear now. Even though everything in her logical brain was screaming that this was all just a weird dream. 

"You're.....the ginger kitten from last night?" Sojung asked, amazed that she was even asking that right now. She was sure if anyone else had heard her say it, they would think she was sleep deprived and imagining things that couldn't possibly exist. But the universe was proving her wrong today. She couldn't just pretend that something like this wasn't happening. Not when all the evidence was crystal clear and slapping her right in the face. The world really was stranger than she already thought.

"Bingo!" The girl smiled, eyes sparkling with energy before she finally let go of Sojung's shirt, her arms moving up to remove the cardigan from her body.

Sojung had never moved so fast in her life, grabbing the girl's hands firmly. The girl looked up in confusion, not understanding why the other was behaving this way.

"D-Don't do that!" 

"Why not? It's yours, isn't it?"

"I know that!" Sojung almost yelled, making sure her eyes were focused on the girl's face and not anywhere else. "But you can't just take it off and walk around like that!" 

"Why not? What's the problem?" The girl squirmed, trying to free her hands. But Sojung's grip was tight.

"You just can't." Sojung sighed, eyes glancing over at her closet. The stranger seemed to be at least somewhat close to her size. Even if her stuff was too big, it was better than letting this girl walk around her apartment with no clothes on. That definitely would be tough to explain if anyone decided to spontaneously visit.

"Look, I'll get you something. But I need you to stay here, alright?" Sojung said firmly, letting her grip loosen on the girl's hands.

The word 'stay' seemed to process properly in the stranger's mind, the girl nodding before sitting back down on the bed, her gaze wandering to the room around her. Sojung let go of her hands, relieved that she had at least managed to convince the new girl to trust her. Now to decide on what to give her.

Making her way to her closet, Sojung ran her hands against each piece of clothing, shifting things and opening drawers in her search. Her parents had always tended to send her clothes that she could never imagine wearing so she had several selections in mind. Hopefully the stranger wouldn't mind. She wasn't sure what the girl preferred, after all. Maybe she could pick up some new clothes later, just in case.

Finishing her selection, Sojung turned to face the other with an armful of clothes, walking to the edge of the bed and placing them down. The girl simply stared at them curiously, allowing a hand to reach out and feel the fabric. It was obvious that this former 'kitten' had barely any idea of what any of it was. But it made sense at the same time. Who knows how long this girl had spent as a kitten. 

 "Turn around." Sojung said, gesturing for the other to move to face the wall. The girl obeyed, allowing the other to dress her. It was a fairly smooth process, aside from getting her to stay still enough so that she could slip a pair of shorts on. The stranger didn't seem to like the feeling of clothes but that wasn't something that mattered much to Sojung. Though she wasn't about to try and get socks on her feet right now. Something in her mind told her that it wouldn't be a good idea until she was used to being a human.

"There. That's better." Sojung could finally stop holding her breath now, standing back and observing the sight in front of her. She had dressed the girl in a pair of black workout shorts and a simple blue and yellow colored shirt with a cartoon baby chick on it, something that she could never pull off herself, with her cardigan from the night before paired with it. The shirt and cardigan combo was a little too big for the former kitten, but it fit, and it complimented the girl fairly well. The girl tugged lightly at the light brown cardigan, looking back up at Sojung with a confused expression.

"But...isn't this yours?" She asked. Sojung shook her head, a small smile forming at the edges of .

"You can have it. It suits you, after all." Sojung said before making her way back to the girl's side, a hand moving to smooth down unruly brown hair.

"Now....Do you really not have a name?" 

"I told you. You never gave me one."

"Did you not have one before?"

The girl shook her head, eyes drifting downwards.

"I can't remember anything from before. All I remember is the strange library and the old woman that cursed me all those years ago. Everything else has been just a long blur." 

"Library? An old woman?" Sojung repeated, eyes narrowing slightly. She had been told tales of mysterious legends and curses when she was a kid but she had assumed that it all was just something adults told her to make sure she behaved well, to make sure she didn't stay outside too late. Maybe there had been more truth to those rumors and stories than she had originally thought. The subject seemed to cause the stranger to grow quiet, the usual eagerness fading into a hint of sadness.

"Well....I could give you a name if you wanted?" Sojung started to say, the new girl's head lifting back up, a smile breaking onto the stranger's face that exposed her adorable eye smile. 

"Really?"

"Yeah of course. I rescued you, after all." Sojung replied before growing quiet, thinking of what name would suit the former kitten the best. A few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter